Withdraw Thai Bat and change to Euro

I plan to leave Thailand. I have some hundred thousands Baht in my saving account. What is the best way to get my money out?

To do a bank wire is difficult. The account would need to be approved for that. But even then, i would get bad exchange rates when the money arrives on my bank account in Europe.

I guess, the easiest way would be to withdraw all the Thai Bahts and change it somewhere into Euro and bring these Euros in cash to Europe. Is it easy to buy US Euro, or Dollar or Swiss Francs at a money exchange office?

May be there is a better idea for that?

Edited by alocacoc

Remind me...... why is a SWIFT transfer to Europe difficult ?

I transferred almost 1m Baht last week.

It is easy to buy Euru in Bangkok and at money exchanges in Pattaya (soi Buakhao is my favourite area)

how much you talking about ?

He says a few hundred thousand Baht.

Less than £20k and likely near to £10k or EUR 140k.

Well if he is above the limits for carrying cash, he needs to be careful hand carrying as they can confiscate the lot if they catch him

Wire it, you will know the exchange rate at the bank, and only pay the sending/ receiving fee.

The selling rate for cash currency is less than the going rate and you have to deal with carrying all the cash around.

It is easy to buy Euru in Bangkok and at money exchanges in Pattaya (soi Buakhao is my favourite area)

Which one in Soi Buakhao? Do you know the name of the exchange?

I didn't have one specific exchange in mind but I have used one opposite Sutus Court but I liked one on the right about 250 metres coming from Pattaya Klang just after an "S" bend

I didn't have one specific exchange in mind but I have used one opposite Sutus Court but I liked one on the right about 250 metres coming from Pattaya Klang just after an "S" bend

If the OP wants to change into cash then try a couple of different exchanges to find the best rate - there are about 30 along Soi Buakhow.

Worth asking for a better than published window rate as well - you never know. For sure try TT (yellow with black TT signage) and the blue coloured booths - don't bother with the banks.

For comparison check against these BKK stalwarts before you look - http://superrichthai.com/ or http://www.superrich1965.com/

As Jip99 says though safer (depending on amount) to send via bank transfer - Thai bank will change from baht to whatever.