Taxi driver returns Bt50,000 cash, valuables to Indian tourists

Bangkok:- A taxi driver was awarded US$100 after he returned a bag with cash and valuables worth more than Bt50,000 to its owner.

The taxi driver, Surasi Butrprom, 43, left the bag with the Sor Wor Por FM91 radio station to look for its owner on Saturday after he spotted the bag left under the front passenger seat at 9 am on Saturday.

The radio station contacted the owner, Ankur Gumber, 31, to come to meet the driver at the station at noon Sunday to get the bag and valuables back. Gumber gave Surasi US$100 as a reward.

The bag contained three plane tickets, three passports, Bt13,500 in cash, 9 US$100 banknotes, 428 yuan in cash, 2,730 rupee in cash and an iPad tablet computer.

post-87022-0-88009700-1434329856_thumb.j

[Photo credit: Thairath]

Surasi recounted that he took an Indian couple and their son from the Suvarnabhumi International Airport to Lebua Silom Hotel at 10 pm Friday. He said he and hotel bellboys checked the taxi thoroughly and did not find that the family forgot anything in his taxi so he left.

Surasi said he picked up two more foreign tourists to Rajdamri before he returned home to Pathum Thani to rest.

He said he got up at 9 am Saturday and cleaned the taxi and found the bag under the front passenger's seat so he contacted the radio station to help locate the owner.

“I'm very happy to return it to the owner. I don't want others people's things,” Surasi said.

Gumber said he was impressed in the good deed of the taxi driver. Without his help, his family would have been in trouble, he added.

He should spend 200 baht on a new tshirt

Garfield..

Really??

Apart from buying a new T shirt, the foolish and stingy Indian should have given the taxi driver more than 100 dollars- tight and ungrateful but on a par for the race.

Next time taxi driver, keep the money.

He should spend 200 baht on a new tshirt

Garfield..

Really??

Apart from buying a new T shirt, the foolish and stingy Indian should have given the taxi driver more than 100 dollars- tight and ungrateful but on a par for the race.

Next time taxi driver, keep the money.

Agree 100% on your comment about stinginess.

But on your stinking racist comment, how would you comment on this?

>>> http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/96445-honest-taxi-driver-returns-bag-containing-over-200000-baht-to-norwegian-tourist-with-the-help-of-the-tourist-police/

No regrets ravip, in the UK the Indians were the worst at paying their bills in the business I was in and in Thailand I've seen them try to negotiate a taxi down from the minimum 35 baht rate.

smile.png

Again, I agree 100% with you.

BUT, I have seen with my own eyes many (I mean REALLY a many) "NON Indians" haggling for a couple of Bhats with some poor street vendor.

Hence my original comment - Today, the scum exists all over.

Bangkok:- A taxi driver was awarded US$100 after he returned a bag with cash and valuables worth more than Bt50,000 to its owner.

The taxi driver, Surasi Butrprom, 43, left the bag with the Sor Wor Por FM91 radio station to look for its owner on Saturday after he spotted the bag left under the front passenger seat at 9 am on Saturday.

The radio station contacted the owner, Ankur Gumber, 31, to come to meet the driver at the station at noon Sunday to get the bag and valuables back. Gumber gave Surasi US$100 as a reward.

The bag contained three plane tickets, three passports, Bt13,500 in cash, 9 US$100 banknotes, 428 yuan in cash, 2,730 rupee in cash and an iPad tablet computer.

attachicon.giftaxidriver.jpg

[Photo credit: Thairath]

Surasi recounted that he took an Indian couple and their son from the Suvarnabhumi International Airport to Lebua Silom Hotel at 10 pm Friday. He said he and hotel bellboys checked the taxi thoroughly and did not find that the family forgot anything in his taxi so he left.

Surasi said he picked up two more foreign tourists to Rajdamri before he returned home to Pathum Thani to rest.

He said he got up at 9 am Saturday and cleaned the taxi and found the bag under the front passenger's seat so he contacted the radio station to help locate the owner.

“I'm very happy to return it to the owner. I don't want others people's things,” Surasi said.

Gumber said he was impressed in the good deed of the taxi driver. Without his help, his family would have been in trouble, he added.

So with tickets ,passport and iPad more like 100 000 baht and got rewarded with 3000 baht.

Makes you wonder if taxi would do it again.

Hats off for the taxi though for being honest, as for Indian , actions speak louder than words

No regrets ravip, in the UK the Indians were the worst at paying their bills in the business I was in and in Thailand I've seen them try to negotiate a taxi down from the minimum 35 baht rate.

Damn these indians are funny people :D

Forget the Indians and the "reward", this guy did the right thing and his reward is that good feeling you get when you know you have done the right thing. Great for him, I hope he enjoys his moment

Well said, this is a good will story.

Not an opportunity for a bit of off the cuff racism.

Well done for the taxi driver, I hope if I lose something in a taxi I am so lucky. He said he didn't want to keep another's belongings so he returned the items. Not for a reward. That's a nice bonus.

Well done Indian guy for giving a reward. Happy smiley faces all around

Well done TV posting racists for demonstrating your ability to despoil even the basic story of good will amongst men.

Karma is a B!tch.

Forget the Indians and the "reward", this guy did the right thing and his reward is that good feeling you get when you know you have done the right thing. Great for him, I hope he enjoys his moment

seems asif thailands love for money hasnt yet completely ruined the buddist faith.

smile.png

BUT, I have seen with my own eyes many (I mean REALLY a many) "NON Indians" haggling for a couple of Bhats with some poor street vendor.

Oh please man why are you defending indians? Yea cos you are probably one yourself. whistling.gif

seems asif thailands love for money hasnt yet completely ruined the buddist faith.

For a Thai, this is one way to make merit. Keeping to money would do exactly the opposite, and I'm sure the taxi driver didn't want that.

smile.png

Oh please man why are you defending indians? Yea cos you are probably one yourself. whistling.gif

You think yourself smart - I am not an Indian nor am I defending them.

It is people like you who makes comments that are even worse than the deeds that Indians dobah.gif .

Thank you - but re-evaluate your self by taking a few quiet moments by your self without any beer..

coffee1.gif

Ravip- Arguing on the internet with people one doesn't know is crazy.

I myself may be guilty of prejudice against Indians, but please don't display the same bias yourself against beer, an intolerance known as beerism.

People who drink beer may be overweight with protruding pot bellies and a tendency to burps and flatulence, yet at heart they are good people, kind and always willing to let you buy the next pint.

Many people,including myself, become more generous and expansive after a couple of beers..

Here's to generous tippers of whatever race, and munificent drinkers.