Four senior Ayutthaya police officers axed after their men were implicated in drug trade

webfact

Four senior Ayutthaya police officers axed after their men were implicated in drug trade

15-6-2558-16-13-01-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Three senior police officers attached to Ayutthaya provincial police have been transferred out of the province for their alleged negligence allowing some of their subordinates to engage in drug trafficking.

Pol Col Phumisit Nawang, the superintendent, one of his deputies and an inspector were removed at the order of the Region 1 Provincial Police Bureau chief after four police officers under their command were implicated in drugs dealing.

The four men were implicated by Pol Snr Sgt-Maj Boonsueb Chumyim who was caught for trafficking in methamphitamines seized by police from drug dealers

The four police officers were identified as Pol Lt Manop Iamsam-ang, Pol Sub-Lt Pramarn Wornkum, Pol Snr Sgt-Maj Songwuth Saenjai and Pol Snr Sgt-Maj Chaloey Klinkosum. The four have been dismissed from active service.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/four-senior-ayutthaya-police-officers-axed-after-their-men-were-implicated-in-drug-trade

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-15

So, the underlings lose their jobs but get no jail time, and their bosses (who 100% for sure knew about what was going on AND took their cut) simply get moved to another province and keep their pensions etc?

What a complete and utter < deleted > joke the Royal Thai Police are ... despicable organization.

>>The four have been dismissed from active service.<<

For crying out loud: They were selling drugs!!

Why don't they go straight to prison??

It doesn't say they are in jail but it also doesn't say they are not, it doesn't even say they have been arrested. The first step it seems was to boot them out of the force.

That brief four sentence story doesn't say much at all, perhaps it would be best if you read farther on this before posting, say the BKK Post " Triple penalty for drug dealing police"

There you will see one has been arrested and there are warrants out for the others.

Sacked but not jailed... how exactly is it right that when people have been shot for the same crime these crooks merely lose their job. Despicable doesn't cut it

It doesn't say sacked it says "The four have been dismissed from active service" that could mean sent to an inactive post which wouldn't surprise anyone.

First point of call for reform of the RTP is arrest and charge police that break the law.

With the pro active approach the Junta are taking in tackling corruption and holding criminals to account one can be assured this will be looked at in the coming months.

Remember though that it will be a good thing for them to arrest the police and hold them to account. Bernard?? Remember this. Good thing. Not bad!!

What we have here is a simple tale of eight bent coppers.

Three senior officers, so far unnamed and transferred out of province.

Four "junior" officers,who have been identified in the article and one copper who implicated the named foursome.

I am curious as to why the senior officers have not been named.

Oh, of course, they will probably be better connected than the BIB below them.

Nasty business.

What we have here is a simple tale of eight bent coppers.

Three senior officers, so far unnamed and transferred out of province.

Four "junior" officers,who have been identified in the article and one copper who implicated the named foursome.

I am curious as to why the senior officers have not been named.

Oh, of course, they will probably be better connected than the BIB below them.

Nasty business.

Probably because no one in the upper echelons wants to kick off the shame of the name-blame game that might ensure. Better to keep it all in-house and undercover, like good police work should be.......whistling.gif

Maybe it's my problem but I always get the impression of a very selective process when public officials go down. Not well connected, wrong side of the political fence etc.

They cannot be the only ones up to no good, anyone who's been out and about in this country has seen the mansions owned by the local Cop the local school Headmaster the Poo Yai Baan, it's all so blatant and must be on display, no prestige if it was all hidden.

Maybe it's my problem but I always get the impression of a very selective process when public officials go down. Not well connected, wrong side of the political fence etc.

They cannot be the only ones up to no good, anyone who's been out and about in this country has seen the mansions owned by the local Cop the local school Headmaster the Poo Yai Baan, it's all so blatant and must be on display, no prestige if it was all hidden.

Or they are doing the pull the straw thing...

Ok guys, we need 4 to go down as we have to show some results..

Nothing to worry about, your name in the papers for a few days; nice inactive office and a big brown envelop..

Tomorrow everyone will have forgotten about it..

no fingerpointing here. I wonder why.

Perhaps because it might be confusing, if there were to be a photo, where all the police were pointing at each other, without a guilty-civilian saying "it were me wot dun it, guvnor, you got me bang to rights !" whistling.gif

NO! NOT AXED! Dismissed from active service. By my grasp that probably means the same as being transferred to an inactive post. Hope I am wrong. What exactly does a police officer have to do to get dismissed from his job completely and have criminal charges pressed against him? Don't quote me an extreme case, a minimum level of badness is what I am attempting to ascertain.

Transferred to other district like so many other corrupt police officers. How will Thailand ever get better when so many corrupt policemen are still in law enforcement. It has hurt Thailand for years and now it will get worst some day. You do not let a fox in the chicken coup!

Time for "someone" to do a "thaksin" and mount a drug dealer purge within the police force using the same method which supposedly sorted the problem some years back- no questions asked, just count heads and call it successful but hopefully with less colaterial damage.