People are happier now: Prayut

webfact

This is a no brainer article.

How on earth anyone could have been happier with the dark violent days of terrorists committing near daily attacks on protestors in the name of a government that refused to arrest a single person for them.

Most people don't like innocent men, women and little kids being killed by terrorists while the deaths were cheered by the 7% radical fundamentalists. Pre coup - not one arrest. Not one and democracy no where in site.

Now we have peace in Bangkok, a pathway to the first democracy Thailand will see (yes, yes, elections) and criminals being arrested for doing bad things against a majority that were previously ignored (YES< YES elections. I get it) and allowed to be killed with complete impunity by government that had no intention of arresting their own terrorist supporters who were not surprisingly run by an accused terrorist criminal leader.

So in summary we have peace, pathway to democracy and reform (3 fingers if you will) or we have an unelected accused mass murderer, accused terrorist criminal fugitive running a party that allowed terrorists to kill anyone that dared practise their democratic right to protest. (YES yes, protesting is a democratic right) while ignoring the majorities wishes on an amnesty with one hand while turning tax payers money into bio fuel with the other.

No brainer really and if I say Prayut I would be part of that 93% majority that tell him that I am happier too. My wife is happier and my kids are no longer getting intimidated and our family threatened at any university by reds that decided we were not allowed to see Ahbisit speak because he was the opposition. An opposition of which is a fundamental part of democracy. (yes, yes elections) blah,blah, blah.

Same here in our office...during the demonstrations everyone was very dense....now it is way better.

But I doubt that the way to true democracy will work. It will need many years and the reds will do everything to undermine it and they have lots of money.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

>>Asked to respond to the red-shirt movement's notion of how the reconciliation process is non-existent, Prayut said he has tried to be fair, but the red shirts need to be brought to justice because they are to blame.<< Quote

Sums it up nicely!!

Whoever picked Mr P, to do their dirty job, made a good choice!!

Pawn of the decade.....................coffee1.gif

How on earth anyone could have been happier with the dark violent days of terrorists committing near daily attacks on protestors in the name of a government that refused to arrest a single person for them.

Most people don't like innocent men, women and little kids being killed by terrorists while the deaths were cheered by the 7% radical fundamentalists. Pre coup - not one arrest. Not one and democracy no where in site.

Now we have peace in Bangkok, a pathway to the first democracy Thailand will see (yes, yes, elections) and criminals being arrested for doing bad things against a majority that were previously ignored (YES< YES elections. I get it) and allowed to be killed with complete impunity by government that had no intention of arresting their own terrorist supporters who were not surprisingly run by an accused terrorist criminal leader.

So in summary we have peace, pathway to democracy and reform (3 fingers if you will) or we have an unelected accused mass murderer, accused terrorist criminal fugitive running a party that allowed terrorists to kill anyone that dared practise their democratic right to protest. (YES yes, protesting is a democratic right) while ignoring the majorities wishes on an amnesty with one hand while turning tax payers money into bio fuel with the other.

No brainer really and if I say Prayut I would be part of that 93% majority that tell him that I am happier too. My wife is happier and my kids are no longer getting intimidated and our family threatened at any university by reds that decided we were not allowed to see Ahbisit speak because he was the opposition. An opposition of which is a fundamental part of democracy. (yes, yes elections) blah,blah, blah.

Good post! Let me shorten it a bit for you. We all know, what you are saying anyways:

"No brainer....blah blah blah!"

See? Just one line and all is said!

I have to give you credit. You work very hard to convince yourself that this junta will be better than all the others.

Thaksin and his PT party had created a breeding ground for corrupt politicians, criminals and violent protestors. The Junta has already done a lot to try to clean this up. Under PTs watch you could basically throw a hand grenade into a group of protestors. And If the protestors were anti PT protestors, Yingluck and her team didn't care and therefor wouldn't investigate the killings.

So...before Thaksin...no corruption, right?

Or just a tiny bit?

Maybe?

And before Thaksin, there were no violent protests?

Ever?

And people got killed and no one really investigated?

Never?

None so blind as those who will not see.................

post-218648-0-10040000-1434423969_thumb.

Same here in our office...during the demonstrations everyone was very dense....now it is way better.

But I doubt that the way to true democracy will work. It will need many years and the reds will do everything to undermine it and they have lots of money.

>>during the demonstrations everyone was very dense<<

We believe you !!clap2.gif

Good post! Let me shorten it a bit for you. We all know, what you are saying anyways:

I have to give you credit. You work very hard to convince yourself that this junta will be better than all the others.

Thaksin and his PT party had created a breeding ground for corrupt politicians, criminals and violent protestors. The Junta has already done a lot to try to clean this up. Under PTs watch you could basically throw a hand grenade into a group of protestors. And If the protestors were anti PT protestors, Yingluck and her team didn't care and therefor wouldn't investigate the killings.

Or just a tiny bit?

Maybe?

Ever?

Never?

Surely there was corruption before Thaksin. But Thaksin's party took it to a different level. One example, a crooked rice policy (designed to enrich cronies) and fake contracts have cost this country 13 Billion USD in 3 years. This is unprecedented in Thai history. You need more examples?

Thaksin has also taken Political violence to a new level by allowing protestors to be armed with war weapons.

You conveniently "forgot" that the last IQ-lowering demonstrations were arranged by the very people you support!!

Absolutely right. 'Foreigners who can be slung out of the country and lose everything just like that and Thais in fear of arrest and persecution tell bad-tempered autocrat who took over the country by force how happy they are.'

Thank you for pointing out the fact this article is a no brainer my dear friend and have a lovely day.

You stated: Foreigners who can be slung out of the country and lose everything JUST LIKE THAT...

I assume you are referring to innocent foreigners. Please provide a few examples. I am very interested in this because I haven't heard about it. You're not just spreading fear I hope. That would be a nasty thing to do.

Me, my family, friends and business partners are very pleased with what Prayuth is doing now. So that's a good thing.

Well bully for you.

I notice you say nothing of the Thai citizenry or deny the fact the country was taken by force. Nice cherry picking. The sneaky inclusion of the word 'innocent' when it comes to what I said about foreigners is also noted.

I am not interested in playing word games with you in order for you to derail the topic.

My post had nothing to do with word games and nothing to do with cherry picking. You are cornered it seems and therefor you are saying this.

If I state how my own environment feels about Prayuth, I don't need to mention the feeling of the Thai people. But if you want to know my opinion I can give it to you. My observation is that they are happier now. That's all I can say. I can't proof it.

What you did is completely different. You made a statement.. a big one. The word innocent is very important in that statement. For sure people have been thrown out of this country. But have INNOCENT people been thrown out JUST LIKE THAT? That is what I want to you to clarify with examples.

But since you couldn't provide examples, I have to assume that the purpose of your statement was indeed meant to spread fear among foreigners and the international community in Thailand and on this forum.

This is a serous breach of forum rules.

What a small brainer you are.... where did you get the 93 % majority from, let me guess, from your beloved Gen.....

Looking at all the posts here, at least people can't say anymore that freedom of speech is restricted by not allowing people to say nasty things about Prayuth and the Junta.

Of course you can. People are going nowhere near as far as they would like to. Words such as 'Dictatorship' are banned...

when was this survey on Happiness conducted? And what foreign leaders came to visit and said they where Happy?

I imagine the people in the deep South sitting outside their houses in the afternoon saying to each other "ohh we are so happy now" just after the daily bombs went off in the local market or on the roadside.

And the isan doing the same in their dry-lands, saying "I hope this will go on forever, we are so happy".

For some, it seems Bangkok and its surroundings is "Thai" -land and the rest is just the "others".

Edited by AlQaholic

Absolutely right. 'Foreigners who can be slung out of the country and lose everything just like that and Thais in fear of arrest and persecution tell bad-tempered autocrat who took over the country by force how happy they are.'

Thank you for pointing out the fact this article is a no brainer my dear friend and have a lovely day.

You stated: Foreigners who can be slung out of the country and lose everything JUST LIKE THAT...

I assume you are referring to innocent foreigners. Please provide a few examples. I am very interested in this because I haven't heard about it. You're not just spreading fear I hope. That would be a nasty thing to do.

Me, my family, friends and business partners are very pleased with what Prayuth is doing now. So that's a good thing.

Well bully for you.

I notice you say nothing of the Thai citizenry or deny the fact the country was taken by force. Nice cherry picking. The sneaky inclusion of the word 'innocent' when it comes to what I said about foreigners is also noted.

I am not interested in playing word games with you in order for you to derail the topic.

My post had nothing to do with word games and nothing to do with cherry picking. You are cornered it seems and therefor you are saying this.

If I state how my own environment feels about Prayuth, I don't need to mention the feeling of the Thai people. But if you want to know my opinion I can give it to you. My observation is that they are happier now. That's all I can say. I can't proof it.

What you did is completely different. You made a statement.. a big one. The word innocent is very important in that statement. For sure people have been thrown out of this country. But have INNOCENT people been thrown out JUST LIKE THAT? That is what I want to you to clarify with examples.

But since you couldn't provide examples, I have to assume that the purpose of your statement was indeed meant to spread fear among foreigners and the international community in Thailand and on this forum.

This is a serous breach of forum rules.

As you wish. By all means pat yourself on the back over a victory well earned.

You conveniently "forgot" that the last IQ-lowering demonstrations were arranged by the very people you support!!

And what is your point?

Some posters have been asking where Djjaimie got his happiness percentages from.

I have attached a summary of polls from June and November last year to give some kind of indications about the percentages and the feelings of some Thai people.

This is just food for thought. Do with it what you want. I am not looking forward arguing what Thai polls, or polls in general, mean. This will be a never ending discussion.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/124068/on-happiness-and-thai-opinion-polls-after-the-military-coup/

http://asiancorrespondent.com/128390/28-weeks-later-are-thai-people-really-happy-after-the-coup/

Edited by Nickymaster

Looking at all the posts here, at least people can't say anymore that freedom of speech is restricted by not allowing people to say what they think about Prayuth and the Junta.

Don't confuse common sense and self-moderation with freedom of speech.................coffee1.gif

Or just a tiny bit?

Maybe?

Ever?

Never?

Surely there was corruption before Thaksin. But Thaksin's party took it to a different level. One example, a crooked rice policy (designed to enrich cronies) and fake contracts have cost this country 13 Billion USD in 3 years. This is unprecedented in Thai history. You need more examples?

Thaksin has also taken Political violence to a new level by allowing protestors to be armed with war weapons.

So you admit there was corruption before Thaksin but somehow these corruption never ever been investigated by the judiciary or by corruption agencies. Wonder why? So your claim that it is unprecedented really sound hallow.

Just to mention few examples like the highly controversial 1.47T Baht Thai Khem Khaeg or 200B rice guarantee scheme or even the free 2,000B check to the poor making less than 15,000B monthly by AV government. Never investigated. Wonder why?

I also wonder why protestors were majority killed if they armed with war weapons.

Some posters have been asking where Djjaimie got his happiness percentages from.

I have attached a summary of polls from June and November last year to give some kind of indications about the percentages and the feelings of some Thai people.

This is just food for thought. Do with it what you want. I am not looking forward arguing what Thai polls, or polls in general, mean. This will be a never ending discussion.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/124068/on-happiness-and-thai-opinion-polls-after-the-military-coup/

http://asiancorrespondent.com/128390/28-weeks-later-are-thai-people-really-happy-after-the-coup/

Are you and him for real? Like, actually real people? Like, educated people from the West, that actually understand what is going on here? Are you on the outside, looking in? On the inside looking out? Or do you believe everything the controlled Thai Media print?

Naive does'nt even come close to describing the pair of you...

Question for ya mate,

1. If the protesters had simply waited for the next election and then thrown out the government then would this crap not have happened?

2. If a PM in OZ had openly expressed he could have reporters executed due to them asking difficult questions and latter claiming just joking, REALLY?

3. Laws being passed that reading certain books and three fingered salutes due to their connotation and being arrested is what perfectly ok?

4. Publicly calling for the return of human rights and freedom of speech is a criminal act that can land you in gaol is just fine?

5. Deputy PM giving orders to use live rounds on protesters and latter claiming that those that were injured or killed simply ran into the bullets, and that's cool also?

I know there is quiet in the streets now and it's a good thing, but sometimes the ends don't justify the means, and that goes for sides.

No point asking questions, he sees sweeping things under the carpet as progress and happiness and it probably is for his own selfish thinking.

Sadly the underlying discontent is STILL there and the general has done little to alleviate it.

Maybe he should start singing Bobby McFerrin songs at his addresses soon.

So you admit there was corruption before Thaksin but somehow these corruption never ever been investigated by the judiciary or by corruption agencies. Wonder why? So your claim that it is unprecedented really sound hallow.

Just to mention few examples like the highly controversial 1.47T Baht Thai Khem Khaeg or 200B rice guarantee scheme or even the free 2,000B check to the poor making less than 15,000B monthly by AV government. Never investigated. Wonder why?

I also wonder why protestors were majority killed if they armed with war weapons.

of course the corruption before Thaksin was also investigated......But before Thaksin were the Democrats only for a short time repairing the 1997 crisis, before them (causing the 1997 crisis) were Thaksins buddies.

So there wasn't much opportunity for other parties to be corrupt.

Or just a tiny bit?

Maybe?

Ever?

Never?

Fair enough, they are all corrupt as hell. So we should just let them do whatever they want when they are voted into power. Can you mention another Thai family (besides the Shinawatras) that made billions of dollars when in power?

Your comment concerning protestors is very strange. You mean protestors didn't have war weapons? Or do you mean that it is not fair that the army had more weapons than the protestors? The protestors should have had more weapons so they would have made a better chance beating the security forces if that's what you mean. That's correct.

My desktop has just gone very slippery from all the grease that's dripped onto it from your post. What a crawler! "I can do every job in Thailand except yooouuurs (wrings hands) Mr General Prayuth sir, your honour, he who walks on water. Salami, salami, baloney".

Edited by jesimps

Are you and him for real? Like, actually real people? Like, educated people from the West, that actually understand what is going on here? Are you on the outside, looking in? On the inside looking out? Or do you believe everything the controlled Thai Media print?

Naive does'nt even come close to describing the pair of you...

Getting personal is a weakness and a stupid thing to do. You could have just said that Thai polls are a joke and that you don't want to spend time looking at them. Looking at the way I wrote my post I would have understood that. Edited by Nickymaster

Your comment concerning protestors is very strange. You mean protestors didn't have war weapons? Or do you mean that it is not fair that the army had more weapons than the protestors? The protestors should have had more weapons so they would have made a better chance beating the security forces if that's what you mean. That's correct.

No war weapons were found on the protestors that got killed. That include the nurses, journalists, taxi driver etc.

I just read an ACTUAL article on Pattaya Addicts how much the hotel business is suffering. I spoke with some ACTUAL ladies of ill repute about how much business is down.

Sure PM Cha-cha, if you say so then it MUST be true . . .

blink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.png

All that mess in Pattaya should be shut down anyway. Those HIV alleyways are disgusting.

Then where would almost the entire population of Bangkok relocate to every weekend and public holiday? It would be nice if the Bangkokians really thought that, it'd give us Pattayapudlians a bit of peace and quiet.

It is not the first time, someone says this, but...if everybody is so dingdonhappyhappy and the approval ratings for the honorable PM and all his measures and means are so overwhelming and all programs are so spot on and working...why not finally call an election?

Oh yeah,right: because it is all made up and nothing is real!