Thailand's Miss Earth 'Polly' busted at ketamine party in Bangkok

webfact

Miss Earth 'Polly' busted at ketamine party
By Coconuts Bangkok

polly.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The 22-year-old beauty who represented Thailand at the Miss Earth pageant two years ago was busted Sunday morning at a suspected ketamine party in a Bangkok motel room.

Following complaints of loud noise, Wang Thonglang district police raided an unidentified motel room on Praditmanutham Road at 4am on Sunday and busted 11 people with a small amount of ketamine, including Punika “Polly” Kulsoontornrut, second runner-up of the international Miss Earth 2013 contest.

She was also named "Most Child Friendly” at the pageant.

Police detained all 11 people, but said the amount of ketamine found was insufficient to charge them with drug possession, according to Royal Thai Police spokesman Prawut Thaworn Siri... [read more here]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/06/16/miss-earth-polly-busted-ketamine-party

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-06-16

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it was a "suspected" Ketamine party.

They didn't find enough drugs to charge her with possession.

Yet they feel it's ok to tarnish her reputation with an article like this?

Seems a little unfair.

Not saying it wasn't or she didn't...but they were no charges or significant evidence.

If there was enough ketamine to be a/ found and b/ identified as such, why wasn't there enough to charge them with possession? Was there a sedated horse in the room to explain its presence?

I strongly suspect cash, or possibly other gratuities, were given for a pass.

Police detained all 11 people, but said the amount of ketamine found was insufficient to charge them with drug possession,

blink.png

so if I am reading this right ketamine upto a certain amount is legal to have and use then ?

or is the real head line, some of the 11 people who were detained were from high standing families in Thailand and police thought it better they didn't prosecute ?

I know this is a silly question, but if there wasn't sufficient to charge here, why has she got a mugshot with drug possession (K) written on the board?

Edit to add, and what is she wearing?

Edited by halloween

I know this is a silly question, but if there wasn't sufficient to charge here, why has she got a mugshot with drug possession (K) written on the board?

The full coconuts story shows her wearing some grey top with very thin shoulder straps. I think her hair may be covering them in the mug shot.

Police detained all 11 people, but said the amount of ketamine found was insufficient to charge them with drug possession,

blink.png

so if I am reading this right ketamine upto a certain amount is legal to have and use then ?

or is the real head line, some of the 11 people who were detained were from high standing families in Thailand and police thought it better they didn't prosecute ?

Could be that there was enough to run a test, but not enough to run it through a judicial process, doesn't sound like there was a lot there, I guess the party had finished.

It is a shame that the BKK party scene appears to have skipped all the decent party drugs and gone straight to techno smack.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

The full coconuts story shows her wearing some grey top with very thin shoulder straps. I think her hair may be covering them in the mug shot.

Hmmm........yes, but from past experience(s), they take the mug shot AFTER you are charged.

Hmmm........yes, but from past experience(s), they take the mug shot AFTER you are charged.

Yes, and the grey top was what she was wearing in the hotel. Where she was arrested, before being charged and having the mug shot taken.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/06/16/miss-earth-polly-busted-ketamine-party

Edited by Bluespunk

So, it was a "suspected" Ketamine party.

They didn't find enough drugs to charge her with possession.

Yet they feel it's ok to tarnish her reputation with an article like this?

Seems a little unfair.

Not saying it wasn't or she didn't...but they were no charges or significant evidence.

You have missed the pun - Miss Earth vs Ketamine. That's a synthetic compound.

Interesting post on her Instagram page... when you compare it with one of the Coconuts photos.. Looking a bit big around the tummy???

https://instagram.com/p/31Gn6dNLuE/?taken-by=polly_kul

post-58284-0-10207800-1434442030_thumb.j post-58284-0-03312000-1434441929_thumb.j

http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=672168

In better times:

post-58284-0-07127800-1434442835_thumb.j

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK