Haze removal tool

Latest update to Lightroom CC has a haze removal slider and it seems to work very well.

Here is a very crap shot looking out over a forest in a Thai national park:

18863842835_8a9b85bb94_o.jpgP5300053-2 by Spike Tennyson, on Flickr

Here is the same shot with haze adjustment:

18676098608_3bda56fe8c_o.jpgP5300053 by Spike Tennyson, on Flickr

Needs further work, but most of the haze is gone.

That's really, really nice. thumbsup.gif

I hope you don't mind but I loaded the original into Photoshop and went in a different direction. Then I copied 1/2 of my work and put it onto your work to show another angle that's possible. I was trying to duplicate what you did to the original and couldn't get the same results so I went in this direction to try to get something out of it to save.

I like yours a lot better because I was using contrast control a lot and couldn't have saved the sky without doing it separately. It washed out.

Nice program.

Cheers

post-164212-0-48498900-1434492956_thumb.

I hope I'm not bugging you but my curiosity gets the best of me. I loaded the original back into Photoshop and using the magic wand quickly selected and copied four parts and pasted them back into separate layers. The wand was at 10% only and I had to hold the shift key to get all of the areas and that was quick.

Just before I merged the layers I had to use the blur tool quickly on the edges because they were rough from the nature of things. Especially the clouds couldn't have rough edges from the trees.

I quickly did as many adjustments as I thought would work on each layer and saved the PS image as a .jpg. Here is for your consideration. I've been working on it since my last post to approximate the time it took. The second pic is a screen shot just to show the layers.

Cheers

post-164212-0-73474200-1434497050_thumb.

post-164212-0-51631900-1434497062_thumb.

Nice!! But it'sstill just an advanced preset. How hard can it be to get....?Just discovered merging and blending. Its quite addictive!

Can my hazy slopes and mountains be salvaged from outside of the cloud...?

19080571295_6853d02ddf_c.jpg

Got the presets!thumbsup.gif After a lot of experimintation in LR5.7 I gave up. The creative cloud cleverly installed the slider in LR6..X....^^

Then figured fog is very similar to haze and simply stripped the HAZE away in a few clicks to leave me and my colours with a naked-working model mountain like so:

19058885576_56a9ee56f4_c.jpg#

Old- fashioned like Neversure I took the mountain manually and draped some fog in the valley because I could..

[edit]: It's not up with FracturedRabbit's high quality standards. But it's still good fun and challening. Thankssmile.png

18897329750_18cf865a1c_b.jpg

Archived