Lawn mowers in Thailand

Looking around for a mower. Only decent one I've seen is a Rover which I know is a good brand. About 15000 baht (global house) which is about $200 more than I'd pay in Australia. Only ot g er one looks ok is Asgatec brand...I'm guessing Chinese. Anyone had any experience with these?

I was determined I was going to be free from having a lot of stuff after coming here but seems the more we improve the house, the more responsibility and maintenance items we need. The more stuff we get the more were frightened to leave the house for extended periods. Viscous circle

Kenny202,

if you are lucky enough to find where your OP is located.....Asgatec are absolute garbage !

if you intend to buy, only buy a Honda Mower in thailand, and you have a chance...or buy a MOWELL with the Honda engine. i guarantee the Mowell will last as long and if not longer than a Honda. I am pretty sure the Mowell is widely sold in UK...The cost of the Mowell is 14000baht..The Honda varies in price, depending on the model, but they start around 17000baht.

Haven't seen any Mowell or Honda lawnmowers in Chaiyaphum. We only have Global House and home pro here. Apart from that smaller sellers who look at you like u just farted when you ask about warranty. Rover / Briggs and Stratton is a good brand I think they are manufacturing engines for Honda in Japan now.

All Honda small engines are made in Thailand, have been for years. There are Chinese clones around which are much cheaper and use Honda spares. I bought a brush cutter and was told that Honda parts would make it a "real" one in a few years. 555

There's shed loads of Honda look alikes in Chiang Mai shops, they're marked as Honda but they are Chinese knock offs. A real Honda mower sells for around 20k here, self propelled costs about 24k.

I was lucky and found a Briggs and Stratton (engine) mower at Bahn and Beyond (aka ThaWatsadu), paid 17k.

All Honda small engines are made in Thailand, have been for years. There are Chinese clones around which are much cheaper and use Honda spares. I bought a brush cutter and was told that Honda parts would make it a "real" one in a few years. 555

The Honda Engines made in Thailand are NOT vertical shaft.(which you need for a mower) The largest Honda they make in Thailand is 13HP....Horizontal shaft.

The OP should be going with the imported Honda, or anything BUT Asgatec....

Thats my 2 bobs worth.

Rgds

weegee

The Honda HJR216-K2 is absolutely the best walk behind mower you will ever find in Thailand. You will more than likely never find one, but can order it from a Honda Power Products dealer (many of the Kubota dealers are also Honda dealers). I think the retail is 25,000 baht, but you can get it for 23,000 baht. Worth every baht. All Honda, no copies, 5.5hp, self propelled. Awesome machine!

English Brochure.pdf

Edited by PattayaClub

I bought a Briggs/Straton over a decade ago from Home Pro.....never a problem. I change the oil once or twice a year.....and the plug....starts on the sec or third pull everytime.

I bought a Briggs/Straton over a decade ago from Home Pro.....never a problem. I change the oil once or twice a year.....and the plug....starts on the sec or third pull everytime.

I was blown away when my Honda started on the very first pull -- right out of the box. It came with no oil. I had to put in the oil and gas, then put on the choke and wham, first pull! It always starts on a single pull. It also has this new design in blades called "swingback blades." I suspect they are banned in the US, but are the standard everywhere else now. WAY better that the old bar type blade. Cuts the grass better and finer, stay sharper and swing back if you hit something like a rock. Then the centrifugal force automatically returns them to the proper position. No blade damage. A brilliant design.

Keep away, at all costs, from Briggs & Straton engines... terrible!!

They make 10,000,000 engines a year, must be doing something right.....whistling.gif

Engines are throwaways and service/parts seemingly impossible to find. Local big shop bought a bunch and then almost had to give them away to get rid of them. 'mericans voted in Bozo Bush twice but that still doesn't mean that he was worthy of being in the office does it? ;-)

Keep away, at all costs, from Briggs & Straton engines... terrible!!

They make 10,000,000 engines a year, must be doing something right.....whistling.gif

Engines are throwaways and service/parts seemingly impossible to find. Local big shop bought a bunch and then almost had to give them away to get rid of them. 'mericans voted in Bozo Bush twice but that still doesn't mean that he was worthy of being in the office does it? ;-)

B&S has been making these small engines for over a century. Spare parts.....

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/shop

Great if you are in 'merica... but this forum is about being in Thailand.

B&S has been making these small engines for over a century. Spare parts.....

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/shop

Great if you are in 'merica... but this forum is about being in Thailand.

Widely available here in Thailand

Chaing mai...i would like to know where, it would be appreciated....thanks

Not interested in Dealing with VB Engines in Bangkok, who advertise they are the agents. I have dealt with them before...

Hey Trans....ring them and see if you can get one....They advertise they have, (until you want one). Also, ask them for a price, that will be the cruncher...

I just picked that one out the hat, there are a few places in LOS that are agents. Was just making the point that you can get parts in LOS so a bloke who reckons you can't now knows you can......smile.png

I think he is right though...I have tried over and over for months, to find somewhere to Buy a Vertical Shaft 20HP B&S Engine, and cant find. Plenty of Horizontal shaft ones here for sure. I am now looking to import an engine, which i didnt want to do, because of you know what.

The Honda GXV 160 is a great engine. That what come on the Honda HRJ216-K2.

I have never seen that mower in a shop. I determined that it was the one I wanted after receiving several very positive reviews from other owners, then I special ordered it using the brochure I attached above.

But why all this discussion about where to get Briggs and Stratton parts, if you can even get them here. Buy a Honda and you won't need any parts, except the occasional blade and air cleaner element. Even the air cleaner on the HRJ216-K2 has a cool innovation. It has a snorkel tube that runs up the handle to get the intake away from all the potential dust down around the engine. Great idea!

I just want to cut the grass; I don't want to fix the lawnmower!

Not interested in Dealing with VB Engines in Bangkok, who advertise they are the agents. I have dealt with them before...

As stated earlier: I bought mine at Bahn and Beyond at Airport Plaza in Chiang Mai, ThaiWatsadu, the B & B parent company also stocks them at their store on the CM/Lamphun highway. Where are you in Thailand and do you have a ThaiWatsadu store nearby?

Down South....Yes they have that store here. But I am looking for a 20HP B&S..

To get back on Topic for the OP....You wont go wrong with the Honda Mowers...

The "MoWell" i mentioned has the Honda GXV 160 engine. I have one and it still starts first pull after 5 yrs of heavy work. Heavy duty CAST deck. Not the pressed tin , the Asgatec has. The wheels fall off the Asgatec also after a while as they are made on the cheap as well. The Rover he is talking about is made in China, with a B&S engine, made in China.

Just bight the bullet and buy a Honda only....

Rgds

weegee

As stated earlier: I bought mine at Bahn and Beyond at Airport Plaza in Chiang Mai, ThaiWatsadu, the B & B parent company also stocks them at their store on the CM/Lamphun highway. Where are you in Thailand and do you have a ThaiWatsadu store nearby?

I had a look at the Watsadu website and there's no English

I had a look at the Watsadu website and there's no English

Google it and hit the "Translate This Page"....to english.

Kenny 202

Have a look in this Farming section, there was another Topic similar to yours here...It was Called "Importing a Ride On Mower".

There are some good posts and leads therefor you maybe....

If you contact a member on here called "Deerhunter" he will tell you first hand about the Honda Mowers. He has purchased one recently.

Hope this helps....

I bought an Azgatec three years ago. During that time I've given it an absolute flogging on a large area with rough terrain. Bits and pieces have fallen off and has needed some modest welding work but throughout it all the engine has been fine. It's hard to imagine it could have had a tougher 3 years.

They cost around 9000baht.

I'll be buying another one when this one kicks the bucket.

I bought an Azgatec three years ago. During that time I've given it an absolute flogging on a large area with rough terrain. Bits and pieces have fallen off and has needed some modest welding work but throughout it all the engine has been fine. It's hard to imagine it could have had a tougher 3 years.

They cost around 9000baht.

I'll be buying another one when this one kicks the bucket.

Thats great to read about the engine....I have found where they are made in China and will now try one of their bigger engines. Wish me luck...thumbsup.gif

Thats what stopped me buying the engine from China in the first place. UNKNOWN Quality....