Krabi school 'bus' spews students all over road like cabbages (video)

webfact

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both drivers must be blind, but one carrying school kids should be sent to jail for that. He must have seen car coming and still turned.

They always do ... especially if it's "just" a motorbike coming towards them.

"ME ME ME ME ME"

As I have said a hundred times on this forum Thais have no respect or duty of care for their children what parent would let a child travel to school with an incompetent driver with no training whatsoever and in a vehicle that is designed for carrying goods not people and no seat belts or restraints in the vehicle much safer just to walk the children to school or drive them yourself.

Yes .. you have said " ... a hundred times on this forum Thais have no respect or duty of care for their children "

And each and every time, many of us find it offensive and inappropriate.

And I am being polite using those words.

God what a whining twunt.

While do find Mr Walker's prejudice and short sighted postings offensive, i certainly would not go that far.

But hey, if the mod's let you talk that way to him .. so be it.

Apart from the totally inept driving skills of both drivers, what struck me was the way the kids all bounced up and continued into school as if this happens everyday!

Stupid avoidable accidents like this happen several times a day. 365 days a year. Every year.

For sure. Drivers to jail...sue rhe school...heads will role!!!!!

Wait.....if you want that.....dont live here.

On the way to the airport....dont take a van....

Don't you see the irony that lack of a proper education led to this in every way.

This is great. Where would you start?

I laugh at this a little because what underpins the lack of better awareness and practice in the educational intake of those 'lessons' above is a desire to do things better, be better and respect the rule of law and others, collectively. Despite all the possible exceptions, fundamentally Thais do not care about things not on their personal radar.

There is no common weal in their outlook. I personally blame the "up to you" mantra. Leaves personal responsibility between you and Buddha.

Thank the powers that be no one was hurt here but if i were to answer my own question above, to create a real shared ownership on collective action would be a good place to start. CAS. Community. Action. Service. It is an educational philosophy and it works.

I am surprised that most people seem to only see and complain about speed or illegal turns.

It took some thirty comments before someone noted that the vehicle was not meant to carry a dozen or so kids with an open back and no seat belts .... how many cops that day and anytime must have seen this and did nothing.

And yes I know overcrowded vehicles and kids "hanging" off the back is common ... I see it everyday myself ....

Apart from the totally inept driving skills of both drivers, what struck me was the way the kids all bounced up and continued into school as if this happens everyday!

Stupid avoidable accidents like this happen several times a day. 365 days a year. Every year.

welcome to planet Earth ...

Lots of readers spreading the blame around, but I blame the one driver. To be clear the school

bus driver making a turn across the path of an on-coming vehicle when it was unsafe to do so. coffee1.gif

I am surprised that most people seem to only see and complain about speed or illegal turns.

It took some thirty comments before someone noted that the vehicle was not meant to carry a dozen or so kids with an open back and no seat belts .... how many cops that day and anytime must have seen this and did nothing.

And yes I know overcrowded vehicles and kids "hanging" off the back is common ... I see it everyday myself ....

I still only count 10.

Lots of readers spreading the blame around, but I blame the one driver. To be clear the school

bus driver making a turn across the path of an on-coming vehicle when it was unsafe to do so. coffee1.gif

But ok to pack a load of kids in the back of a pickup? personally i cringe when i see a pickup used as a psv here, or kids ...even babies on motorbikes.

Totally irrelevant. Even if all 3 vehicles only contained the drivers, it's still a stupid avoidable accident. All three were idiots.

1. The black pickup overtaking a vehicle that has slowed down to turn right. And also forced the approaching speeding pickup over to the left and distracted him.

2. The school vehicle not checking if the way was clear... AND not using an indicator.

3. The pickup that hit the school vehicle was speeding.

Three buffaloes doing a beautiful ballet together.

Totally irrelevant. Even if all 3 vehicles only contained the drivers, it's still a stupid avoidable accident. All three were idiots.

1. The black pickup overtaking a vehicle that has slowed down to turn right. And also forced the approaching speeding pickup over to the left and distracted him.

2. The school vehicle not checking if the way was clear... AND not using an indicator.

Just Thailand being Thailand. Nothing to see here folks.

And this accident will change absolutely nothing for anyone. Even if all of the kids died in this accident there would be no review of the system or any lessons learnt.

Because they are Buddhists they don't dwell on the past and only live for the present. The future is out of their hands so they don't bother with 'safety measures'. Yes, nothing will change unless the mindset changes.

So true and also a Falang was seen riding a motorbike nearby.

Both drivers must be blind, but one carrying school kids should be sent to jail for that. He must have seen car coming and still turned.

He just didn't care about the car coming, thainess on it's best.

Just Thailand being Thailand. Nothing to see here folks.

And this accident will change absolutely nothing for anyone. Even if all of the kids died in this accident there would be no review of the system or any lessons learnt.

Because they are Buddhists they don't dwell on the past and only live for the present. The future is out of their hands so they don't bother with 'safety measures'. Yes, nothing will change unless the mindset changes.

There's a real simple way to change a mindset. Make it too expensive not to change.

We drivers in the west are selfish procks, and yet they were able to change our behavior with the right rules and enforcement...while allowing us to retain our selfishness.

Police are everywhere in Australia and in country areas seem to outnumber the regular cars on the roads. They have no qualms arresting/fining anyone who so much as farts in the wrong place. Enforcement is the key. If the law was enforced, everyone would be wearing bike helmets all the time. It's quite obvious it's not.

The black pick-up over took him while he was about to turn right

He wouldnt have seen the on-coming pick-up until he turned as the black pick-up would have blocked his view

Still shouldnt have turned without checking but hey ho this is Thailand..

I think you have hit on it 100%. I was nearly beheaded at a railway crossing for failing to check clearance after my view of the crossing was blocked by a truck that had passed me. And I was just as wrong as that school bus driver. The speed of the pick up is irrelevant. The bus was turning from the far left. Because of the passing vehicle, it is unlikely he would have seen any signalling from the bus.

He he. I love the comments expecting and pleading for the government to do something. How can they when they can not recognise any need to do anything. This is Thailand where uneducated people are leading the the country. From there it only gets worse as you work your way down the ranks.

The main issue is that usually speed kills whereas luck played a massive part in this accident and no one was.

Self preservation is obviously a natural reaction so the kids all ran away and only helped themselves with no thought for any one else. Just as it should be.

I am sad for the careless driver having to slow down a bit and try hard to think of an excuse as to why he failed to wait for the speeding pick up to pass before turning. I expect he was simply tired and thought the road must be clear ahead having just been overtaken by a mindless idiot (Thai Driver).

Good for the kids in a way though as based on probability they wont have another near miss this bad for a few weeks.

i thought it was Funny ,welcome to thailand ,should show it on tv around the world ,in the UK driver of school kids needs to pass a test , did driver even have a brain ,why where the kids not in a mini bus ,why was the tail gate down ,give the driver ten years in side ,will not make the same mistake

Just for the record, Even in England it is not illegal to fail to use your turn signal indicators. It is in fact only illegal to leave them on for too long which I believe is two miles. In my opinion this law is utterly ridiculous but nevertheless that is how it is. You can just slow down and turn if the way is clear so stop hooting every time you see someone turn without signalling. You are just wasting your efforts on something even one of the advanced countries of the world doesn't even see as necessary.

Archived