Krabi school 'bus' spews students all over road like cabbages (video)

webfact

Welcome To Thai Visa ...

School is open ... readers are about to learn that Thailand is the only place on Earth that accidents happen.

No .. really ... not Europe .. certainly not the USA ... no where ... just Thailand.

Ok Thai Bash Department .. the floor is yours , let's see how long it takes to get from this nasty accident where, by the grace of God, it seems no kids were hurt .. to whatever level it ends up at.

You. over there "Mr hang 'em High" ... post please!

And you! "Mr all things = Thainess" ... you are losing time!

And the Right Honorable "These things NEVER occur in my Farang-a-topia" get on it will you please?

hurry .. there is only so much time before all the good bashes are taken !

GET REAL ,i drove kids to school got pass a test ,got to be in safe bus ,got wear seat belts ,look this idiot even got the tail gate down ,would not even drive with fruit with the tail gate down ,how stupid can you get

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome To Thai Visa ...

School is open ... readers are about to learn that Thailand is the only place on Earth that accidents happen.

No .. really ... not Europe .. certainly not the USA ... no where ... just Thailand.

Ok Thai Bash Department .. the floor is yours , let's see how long it takes to get from this nasty accident where, by the grace of God, it seems no kids were hurt ..

No-one said accidents never happen in the West, except you.

Those kids sitting in th grass looked hurt to me. As for the ones walking around, brain trauma can manifest years later.

this is the coolest thing I've ever seen!!! smile.png

Oh darling, here are those three little words that mean so much!

Seek

Professional

Help

Welcome To Thai Visa ...

Ok Thai Bash Department .. the floor is yours , let's see how long it takes to get from this nasty accident where, by the grace of God, it seems no kids were hurt ..

No-one said accidents never happen in the West, except you.

Those kids sitting in th grass looked hurt to me. As for the ones walking around, brain trauma can manifest years later.

"No-one said accidents never happen in the West, except you."

Sarcasm ... look it up.

I can not beleive i just had to explain that.

(Apologies if English is not your first language)

Welcome To Thai Visa ...

Ok Thai Bash Department .. the floor is yours , let's see how long it takes to get from this nasty accident where, by the grace of God, it seems no kids were hurt .. to whatever level it ends up at.

And the Right Honorable "These things NEVER occur in my Farang-a-topia" get on it will you please?

GET REAL ,i drove kids to school got pass a test ,got to be in safe bus ,got wear seat belts ,look this idiot even got the tail gate down ,would not even drive with fruit with the tail gate down ,how stupid can you get

If you are looking for an argument that this driver was an idiot, you will not get it from me.

If you understood my posting, it is for those who take an isolated incident / accident, that could happen anywhere in the world ... then paint with broad strokes an entire country and the people in it .. that is Thai Bashing.

This was without a doubt a piece of stupid and reckless driving.

BY ONE PERSON who happens to be Thai.

Would you care to guess how many accidents there were in the past 24 hours in Frang-a-topia?

Let me give you a personal example:

My sister was run down by a car when she was 12 years old.

It broke her pelvis.

It happened in the USA.

I do not walk around ranting about "American-ness" and throw 300 million people under the bus (no pun intended) because one person ACCIDENTALLY hit my sister.

I really wonder if it is time to open a school to teach English .. to English speakers.

Is this really so hard to comprehend?

Really?

Our kids just started in school, and we were about to sign up to the Minivan service, My friend who is expat insurance advisor at CSM ltd, asked me to check which insurance they minivans have., and if it covered, paying passengers, ( our kids ) - SHOCKING, None out of the 8 mini vans that pickup and deliver kids at the school, had ANY what so ever, insurance ONLY road tax - when we questioned them Why ? we got an angry answer back, IF we were to question such things we could just drive our kids our self’s, ( which is what we will do )

Food for thought!!! But fact is, i didn’t even think they could run such a service without being legally insured ? Only because I was given this heads up, and now 3 days later we see this stuff happen in Krabi

Do I need to mention Thailand is in TOP 5 of most road deaths in the world !!!

When will they learn ?

What is the excuse, not to raise the van fare by 100 baht pr kid, and have a proper insurance

My friends facebook page here
https://www.facebook.com/expatinvestmentandinsuranceservices?fref=ts

Jesper Jensen
Chonburi

Horrendous. Jail sentences for both must follow. Drivers like this deserve to be shot

Why would you jail a driver for driving ? The driver of the school bus should never be allowed behind the wheel of another vehicle, but will probably be driving another school 'bus'

tomorrow.

What did the other driver do wrong ? he was on his own side of the road and had the right of way. Just because one of the acted like an idiot doesn't make it the other ones fault.

What would you have done different ? Do you stop for every driver that cuts right in front of you giving you no time to react.

As for him seeing the other vehicle coming, how do you know this, maybe he was looking at this phone.

Our kids just started in school, and we were about to sign up to the Minivan service, My friend who is expat insurance advisor at CSM ltd, asked me to check which insurance they minivans have., and if it covered, paying passengers, ( our kids ) - SHOCKING, None out of the 8 mini vans that pickup and deliver kids at the school, had ANY what so ever, insurance ONLY road tax - when we questioned them Why ? we got an angry answer back, IF we were to question such things we could just drive our kids our self’s, ( which is what we will do )

Food for thought!!! But fact is, i didn’t even think they could run such a service without being legally insured ? Only because I was given this heads up, and now 3 days later we see this stuff happen in Krabi

Do I need to mention Thailand is in TOP 5 of most road deaths in the world !!!

When will they learn ?

What is the excuse, not to raise the van fare by 100 baht pr kid, and have a proper insurance

My friends facebook page here

https://www.facebook.com/expatinvestmentandinsuranceservices?fref=ts

Jesper Jensen

Chonburi

'When will they learn ?' I trust that wasn't a serious question.

Thailand is a poor country, a lot of these kids wouldn't even be able to get to school if it wasn't for these vehicles, which is why you see teenagers taking the family moped to school with no helmet

The main cause of the high accident rate is quite definitely the attitude towards driving here. It is AWFUL. At least 75% of people are literally racing each other to get one or two cars ahead, in poorly maintained vehicles on poorly maintained roads with poorly instilled driving skills, with a belief their fate is out of their hands. A recipe for disaster.

The attitude needs to change, clearly.

I don't believe I have ever seen a road safety campaign on the television in Thailand. The insurers who often create the 'emotional' videos that so often go viral here seem to get messages across in ways that common sense does not. The message needs to come in this format in my opinion

Welcome To Thai Visa ...

Would you care to guess how many accidents there were in the past 24 hours in Frang-a-topia?

It broke her pelvis.

It happened in the USA.

I do not walk around ranting about "American-ness" and throw 300 million people under the bus (no pun intended) because one person ACCIDENTALLY hit my sister.

Did the accident break your head? Because "American-ness" and "frang-a-topia" look very similar to everyone else here. From the same post no less.

Also, when you write "I was being sarcastic," it doesn't work as well when you wheel out the same straw man in the very next post.

I am surprised that most people seem to only see and complain about speed or illegal turns.

It took some thirty comments before someone noted that the vehicle was not meant to carry a dozen or so kids with an open back and no seat belts .... how many cops that day and anytime must have seen this and did nothing.

And yes I know overcrowded vehicles and kids "hanging" off the back is common ... I see it everyday myself ....

Totally irrelevant. Even if all 3 vehicles only contained the drivers, it's still a stupid avoidable accident. All three were idiots.

1. The black pickup overtaking a vehicle that has slowed down to turn right. And also forced the approaching speeding pickup over to the left and distracted him.

2. The school vehicle not checking if the way was clear... AND not using an indicator.

3. The pickup that hit the school vehicle was speeding.

Three buffaloes doing a beautiful ballet together.

Just for the record, Even in England it is not illegal to fail to use your turn signal indicators. It is in fact only illegal to leave them on for too long which I believe is two miles. In my opinion this law is utterly ridiculous but nevertheless that is how it is. You can just slow down and turn if the way is clear so stop hooting every time you see someone turn without signalling. You are just wasting your efforts on something even one of the advanced countries of the world doesn't even see as necessary.

What you say is true, however if you do not use your indicators and are subsequently involved in an accident then you are automatically considered guilty

A new efficient and speedy method of dropping children off at school. The children quickly get up and look like they are just walking straight to school as if nothing unusual happened and the driver of the van goes off camera as if he is going to his next stop. At least a savings of 5-10 minutes from a normal drop-off.

Throw the driver of the van in jail...please. He was clearly the one at fault.

Only in Thailand.

the only uncommon thing about this incident is that it was caught on camera. the way these people move vehicles I suspect this is the tip of the overused metaphor. or whatever those things are

its a shame if kids are hurt, its the drivers that ought to be hurt instead, / taught a lesson, though if you are driving you can brace yuourself a bit.

possibly running away thinking they were under attack/ bombed or robbed?

Welcome To Thai Visa ...

If you are looking for an argument that this driver was an idiot, you will not get it from me.

If you understood my posting, it is for those who take an isolated incident / accident, that could happen anywhere in the world ... then paint with broad strokes an entire country and the people in it .. that is Thai Bashing.

This was without a doubt a piece of stupid and reckless driving.

BY ONE PERSON who happens to be Thai.

It broke her pelvis.

It happened in the USA.

I really wonder if it is time to open a school to teach English .. to English speakers.

Is this really so hard to comprehend?

Really?

I don't understand, a simple look up the road would have fixed this. even the muppets you see interviewed on tv in England in the wake of a national incident have more sense of self preservation and sense of danger than these drivers. yes accidents happen, however, basic safety prevents signifcant amounts of these accidents. basic safety such as mirror, signal mirror manouver, I realise the US has the option to bribe your way to driving license, none the less the cops there will pull you over for any stupid driving at gun point since the car is considered a weapon in many legal cases.

this is not your average us accidnet ( though the US has an incredibly high incidence of road deaths due to similar ignorance more at a federal level ) this was a case of not even looking.

this is not your average us accidnet ( though the US has an incredibly high incidence of road deaths due to similar ignorance more at a federal level ) this was a case of not even looking.

Perhaps you should try to get your facts at least close to right before posting stuff:

Thailand has three times the per capita road death compared to the U.S., and the U.S. is, according to the survey, below the world average and in the "middle of the pack" among nations ranking 97th out of almost 200 nations in the results.

post-58284-0-67238700-1434596292_thumb.j

Among the countries with the lowest road fatality rates per capita: Japan, Singapore, UK, Denmark, Norway and Israel, among others.

http://www.livescience.com/43462-countries-crash-death-rates.html

And a companion article to the one I linked above includes the following re the U.S.

Americans are 13 times more likely to die of cancer and 10 times more likely to die of heart disease than they are to be killed on the road.

The report released this month comes from the University of Michigan's Transportation Research Initiative and draws on 2008 data from the World Health Organization, stacking car-crash fatality rates against the mortality rates from other leading causes of death such as cancer, heart disease and stroke.

I see the World Health Organization has slightly different data for 2010, but Thailand still ranks barely better at 3rd highest in the world with 38.1 in road traffic deaths per 100,000 population in that data set, while the U.S. has again less than 1/3rd of that with an 11.4 rate, and seems to be well below the middle of the pack among ranked nations here too.

post-58284-0-99606300-1434597879_thumb.j

http://gamapserver.who.int/gho/interactive_charts/road_safety/road_traffic_deaths2/atlas.html

For some reason, the WHO puts Thailand into its SE Asian nations grouping, but puts most of the other neighboring and regional sister nations in its Western Pacific nations grouping. See how Thailand's 38.1 death rate compares with those in its neighboring/regional countries.

post-58284-0-99628000-1434598606_thumb.j

Pretty startling how high the road traffic death rate is here, and especially how far it exceeds the comparable rates in other nearby Asian countries. And amid all this, there's always talk that Thailand actually tends to UNDER-report its road traffic deaths, by excluding those who don't die at the scene or immediately thereafter.

Thailand is a poor country, a lot of these kids wouldn't even be able to get to school if it wasn't for these vehicles, which is why you see teenagers taking the family moped to school with no helmet

The main cause of the high accident rate is quite definitely the attitude towards driving here. It is AWFUL. At least 75% of people are literally racing each other to get one or two cars ahead, in poorly maintained vehicles on poorly maintained roads with poorly instilled driving skills, with a belief their fate is out of their hands. A recipe for disaster.

The attitude needs to change, clearly.

I don't believe I have ever seen a road safety campaign on the television in Thailand. The insurers who often create the 'emotional' videos that so often go viral here seem to get messages across in ways that common sense does not. The message needs to come in this format in my opinion

The reason you won't see a road safety campaign on Thai TV is because they spend way too much time watching the crap shows that teach children how men can beat,slap,rape,and shoot each other, and that's way more important.

I wonder if they checked both drivers for drugs or alcohol! School bus drivers should be checked often because of driving children safely!!! Plus are these school bus driver tested on road safety laws and do the really have drivers licenses. Do they do a back ground check on them to see there past driving offences. This kind of accident should never have happened with children in the back ou truck!

Both drivers must be blind, but one carrying school kids should be sent to jail for that. He must have seen car coming and still turned.

I cannot believe that you made such a silly comment after watching the video.

The driver of the school van turned into the other cars path, what was he supposed to do "fly"

I made a silly comment! So you would clear the school bus driver of any blame would you, and allow him to carry on taking those kids to school everyday?

Perhaps you should try to get your facts at least close to right before posting stuff:

Thailand has three times the per capita road death compared to the U.S., and the U.S. is, according to the survey, below the world average and in the "middle of the pack" among nations ranking 97th out of almost 200 nations in the results.

attachicon.gifPS2188.jpg

Among the countries with the lowest road fatality rates per capita: Japan, Singapore, UK, Denmark, Norway and Israel, among others.

http://www.livescience.com/43462-countries-crash-death-rates.html

And a companion article to the one I linked above includes the following re the U.S.

Americans are 13 times more likely to die of cancer and 10 times more likely to die of heart disease than they are to be killed on the road.

The report released this month comes from the University of Michigan's Transportation Research Initiative and draws on 2008 data from the World Health Organization, stacking car-crash fatality rates against the mortality rates from other leading causes of death such as cancer, heart disease and stroke.

er oh contrare look at WHO http://gamapserver.who.int/gho/interactive_charts/road_safety/road_traffic_deaths/atlas.html I am unable to paste stuff in TV for some reason either way you look on WHO website and you will see US has same colour as Thailand and a lot of other countries, similarly look at the data on http://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.main.A997 and you will see the US is not much better than your average African country and worse in many cases.

I am not sure where your dodgy links come from? I would trust UN and WHO as inpartial over??? what are those links

The driver pulling into the path of the oncoming vehicle - looks like standard MO for most drivers on Thai roads.

I see it every day - they pull in front of you and expect you to stop in time (even if you're barrelling along at 90 km/h). They either don't care, don't plan ahead, or just think it's the way things are done.

From what I've observed, the usual concepts of 'priority' and 'lane discipline' just don't apply here, probably because most drivers are 'self-taught' and don't seem to be able to work out the rules of the road for themselves.

Lane discipline on multi-lane highways is also non-existent. If a car in an adjacent lane is running out of road, they will immediately pull into your lane without warning (or signalling). It happened to a Thai acquainance of mine recently - a pickup moved out into their lane to avoid a motorbike, clipped them and they spun off the road (car was a write-off, they were OK). When I'm overtaking a car now on a multi-lane highway, I'm constantly scanning for any slight indication that they're about to change lane and allow some contingency to deal with it.

I am not sure where your dodgy links come from? I would trust UN and WHO as inpartial over??? what are those links

My screen shots above came direct from the WHO's website, as the images I posted clearly are labeled and show.

Glad that you trust the WHO data showing Thailand's road fatality RATE (per 100,000 population) is far above that of the U.S.

As for the colors on the WHO maps, you have to be careful to look at the PER CAPITA death rates as opposed to the total death count.

In the map/graph showing just the raw count of deaths, Thailand and the U.S. both have an orange color because they both fall into the range of 10,001 to 50,000 road deaths per year. But it's meaningless to compare the two countries on that, based on the huge population difference between the two.

The WHO site you linked to, and I posted an image of their per capita death rate results above from the same site, does indeed show Thailand with the THIRD HIGHEST road traffic death RATE in the world (that's road deaths per 100,000 population per year). The U.S. is far far far down on the list with a rate of 11.4 compared to Thailand's 38.1 rate. That's the only meaningful way to compare country to country.

Since you didn't understand it the first time, I'll post it again here, direct from the WHO's website, the same one you linked to above.

post-58284-0-58910700-1434638771_thumb.j

My screen shots above came direct from the WHO's website, as the images I posted clearly are labeled and show.

Glad that you trust the WHO data showing Thailand's road fatality RATE (per 100,000 population) is far above that of the U.S.

As for the colors on the WHO maps, you have to be careful to look at the PER CAPITA death rates as opposed to the total death count.

In the map/graph showing just the raw count of deaths, Thailand and the U.S. both have an orange color because they both fall into the range of 10,001 to 50,000 road deaths per year. But it's meaningless to compare the two countries on that, based on the huge population difference between the two.

The WHO site you linked to, and I posted an image of their per capita death rate results above from the same site, does indeed show Thailand with the THIRD HIGHEST road traffic death RATE in the world (that's road deaths per 100,000 population per year). The U.S. is far far far down on the list with a rate of 11.4 compared to Thailand's 38.1 rate. That's the only meaningful way to compare country to country.

Since you didn't understand it the first time, I'll post it again here, direct from the WHO's website, the same one you linked to above.

attachicon.gifPS0713.jpg

disagre, since on that website you have a few african countries in red, the one you shows does not, and the point is, the US road deaths is far bigger problem for the US than any war on terrorism or anything else it gets its nickers in a twist, surely even a business goes more money could be made in charging for proper road training and taxes than bombing civiilians in the middle east because they may be terrorists in a few years time. US road deaths is incredibly high. If you were Canadian and making a similar argument I would agree that Canadian roads are safer. However, even russians have lower than the us, and the russians admit they are nutters that should not be let near a car.

Archived