Australian father, son assaulted in Chiang Mai

Thaivisa News

>>Weerayut said police found that the father and son drank and ate at the Kinnaree Karaoke shop on the Chang Klan Road Monday night but they refused to pay the bill, claiming the drinks and foods were too expensive.<<

Bloody idiots!!

Clearly steroids and alcohol don't go well together!! (Look at the 60!! year old father)

Not all men have to be fat f***s when they are 60. Besides... what makes you think he is on steroids?

This is what a lot of 60 year Ozzys look like,work hard,play hard.1 tip for the newbies,pay as you go and don't take mai bpen rai as an answer.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another cases of an Aussie coming to Thailand and acting like a fool when alcohol is on the table. So where did the 18 year old son get his alcohol from? Of course his father. Did the police ask the bar about this subject?

The child was drinking rasberry,i can see his red tongue.

For those who have decided that the 60yo is pumped up with steroids and showing his bum should tack another look at the picture and take another guess which one is the father.

Going to a dodgy area in a strange country to drink until 0600 is always going to be fraught with danger and I'm not making excuses for the duo's idiot behaviour, but most aware people here know of this type of massive overcharging scam that happens all too often in this country.

Blame the crooks who present the massive bill at the end of the session and then try to extract it with knives and lumps of wood, not the foolish victims.

That's what i thought Croc,but closer examination showed blood under the rib cage of the downed Ozzy,which was the lad.Why do simpletons think that well built equates to steroids,people go to gyms don't they.

Edited by louse1953

I think it is time for Thailand to have the law like in europe, where you are obligated to show the price of every product and obligated to sell at that price.

It will avoid surprices cheatings discussions fightings.

It happen to me many time also thai restaurants wher you know average food price is 50 B but they count you 90

or as everyone know, a market where thai buy the shirt 200 B but you 500.

honest vendors with honest prices make happy customers or happy tourists.

If you know the price is 200b and you pay 500b,whose fault is that.Barter away,if you don't like the price,walk away.

Should read FATHER AND ADULT SON... I lived in CM for a year

Wonderful City and nice people. Never attacked, however I did

See some loudmouth DRUNKS beaten up .......Wonder.....?

He is not an adult as far as drinking is concerned in this country.

"Sadly many farang bring misfortune upon themselves with loudmouth, belligerent behavior while treating Thais like dirt."

Simply stated - the Arrogance they show in Third World countries which is NOT tolerated in their home countries!

Trouble will follow them for sure... Som nam naa

Well dressed farangs respectful, refined, and in a karoake bar what could go wrong unless of course they are half naked drunk morons

Maybe the shirts got ripped off in the blue,maybe the shirts where covered in blood.At least they didn't pay.Most Ozzys would consider this a top night out,free piss and a bit of biff at the end,do it again next week.

Another cases of an Aussie coming to Thailand and acting like a fool when alcohol is on the table. So where did the 18 year old son get his alcohol from? Of course his father. Did the police ask the bar about this subject?

You dont have to graduate out of university to be of age in Thailand, UK and most of Europe. Your obviously American then? We are legal at 18 so i guess your guys should learn to grow up faster.

I saw these guys in Rajavej Hospital on Tuesday afternoon. The kid looked like the got pretty well beaten and had numerous bandages on his back and shoulder. The older fellow didn't look to much the worse for wear but they were haggling with the hospital over the bill and generally being uncooperative. The older guy had a Thai woman who knew them and was trying to act to cool things off but the guy kept bitching about the bill and the cost of the meds.

Don't know what happened at the karaoke club but speculation from others is probably correct. They started eating and drinking then got hammered with an outrageous bill and refused to pay. Like others have posted, this is not the first nor last time this kind of thing will happen. Karaoke bars and farangs don't mix well in CM and this is another example of why it is best to steer clear of them.

Kudos go to the hospital staff at Rajavej who were very sympathetic to their plight and tried to accommodate them despite their unpleasantness.

Seems even Ozzies can be unpleasant, though the ones I met were always nice. Not like some other aggressive nationalities that use swearword or two in every sentence they utter.

Then again you got bad people everywhere Dutch included.

Swearing every 2nd word is the national language of Ozzys but not mixed with aggression,normally.

Hats off to the father who gave his son an excellent one night education of the highs and lows of alcoholic benders and third world prostitution. I am sure the near death experience wasn't part of the plan, but I guess it was his lucky night.

Well, 6am looks like partied all night till early morning, forgot the amount they drank and ate, and like a lot of cocky Aussies, and I know quite a few, bloo their mouth off and paid the price, look how they are dressed, asking for it in every way.

Serv them right. The old saying. "Put your brain into opperation before you open your mouth"

Yes I knew a few cocky Aussies who used to hang out in the bars in Earls Court Rd west London.

All think they are Jack the almighty lads.

When the kee hits the fan you will be glad to have an ozzy at your side.

So all you farang apologists don't think people get beat up for not paying their tab in US/UK/Australia? Stuff like this happens all the time there and often it goes unnoticed, and in worse case scenarios, victims are never heard from again.

Yes, Thais can be guilty of over charging but if you stay in a bar and drink until 6am, expect to be taken advantage of anywhere in the world. Sadly many farang bring misfortune upon themselves with loudmouth, belligerent behavior while treating Thais like dirt.

And tell me who many places in US/UK/Australia presents a 20k bill instead of 2K to foreigners (arbitrary numbers).

I think both sides are guilty of breaking the law, the 'customers' for not paying the bill and the establishment for taking the law into their own hands. At least, that would be the way I would read it.

Ulic made a good point earlier in the thread that everyone on TV (regular viewers anyway) are aware of these karaoke bar scams, however your average tourist generally goes out to enjoy themselves with eyes full shut. Trouble usually kicks off when the the over-inflated bill arrives on the table.

Easy in hindsight to say that prices should be checked before ordering....................wink.png

Did you looked at a glasbowl? How you now they break the law because they not want to pay? Maybe they want that someone call the police but the barcrew refused and beat them up?

If you get a bill and think it's not right do you pay it? Who is stupid like this?

Did this Karaoke Bar Bastards have the right to try to kill someone because him refused to pay the bill? They have to call the police and not stab People with a knife and beat them up. In almost every EU country the police close the bar and handcuff the staff. They break clear the law!!!

Yep, would have to agree that your scenario is possible. However, this was looking at legal arguments.

Who threw the first punch? We don't know, so any debate is guesswork.

>>Weerayut said police found that the father and son drank and ate at the Kinnaree Karaoke shop on the Chang Klan Road Monday night but they refused to pay the bill, claiming the drinks and foods were too expensive.<<

Bloody idiots!!

Clearly steroids and alcohol don't go well together!! (Look at the 60!! year old father)

Still good to see men with balls not just bending over!!

Some of the comments here are clearly made by people who think they know something about Thailand. 'Partying until 6 am'??? &lt;deleted&gt;....you drink a beer and eat a plate and you get presented with a bill of 40000 baht. If you don't pay, they lock you up. Early morning they accompany you to the nearest ATM with a gang of 5-6 people. No money you get beaten up, they would kill you. THAT is how it goes. Innocent tourists have no idea, who on earth would expect that to happen. They kidnap you and lock you up for ransom, just only because you came in

So all you farang apologists don't think people get beat up for not paying their tab in US/UK/Australia? Stuff like this happens all the time there and often it goes unnoticed, and in worse case scenarios, victims are never heard from again.

Yes, Thais can be guilty of over charging but if you stay in a bar and drink until 6am, expect to be taken advantage of anywhere in the world. Sadly many farang bring misfortune upon themselves with loudmouth, belligerent behavior while treating Thais like dirt.

Oh come on ! Maybe these two were just trying negotiate a reduction? Like the Malaysians back in January who did manage to get a 60,000 baht reduction on their 114,000 baht billtongue.png

Malaysian tourists charged Bt114,080 by karaoke bar in Chiang Mai

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/792836-eight-malaysian-tourists-charged-bt114080-by-karaoke-bar-in-chiang-mai/

Edited by Asiantravel

Some of the comments here are clearly made by people who think they know something about Thailand. 'Partying until 6 am'??? <deleted>....you drink a beer and eat a plate and you get presented with a bill of 40000 baht. If you don't pay, they lock you up. Early morning they accompany you to the nearest ATM with a gang of 5-6 people. No money you get beaten up, they would kill you. THAT is how it goes. Innocent tourists have no idea, who on earth would expect that to happen. They kidnap you and lock you up for ransom, just only because you came in

Jeez, I'd rather have a beer in a war torn country than in dangerous Thailand.

Afghanistan, Pakistan... should be safe enough.

I see the TVBTV (Thia Visa Blame the Victims) Group is out if full force on this post.

It's amazing all the folks out there who know the whole story, without knowing any of the actual details, and have drawn the conclusion that the fellow with the knife wound and 'Dad' are clearly at fault. Amazing how many clairvoyants and psychics we have as TV members, especially among the TVBTV crowd.

The one thing that we do know of sure is that this happens at Chang Klan Karaoke bars consistently, and the PTB who should do something about the situation do nothing. Why? TIT. <cha-ching> ฿฿฿฿฿฿

Edited by connda

I'm waiting for the next "Party of 8 charged ฿10k for fish banquet" that should be coming up soon. Just Shocking! <gasp>

Definitely much more 'Shocking' than Aussie son stabbed and Dad beat for not paying ฿40k karaoke bill. Da*m fish mongers!!!

Some people are being very harsh with these guys.

First there was no need for the stabbing. They should have called the police..... But no they won't going to do that as they were operating well after their allowed closing time and scamming the customer.

Be interesting to see what the bill was.

I'm waiting for the next "Party of 8 charged ฿10k for fish banquet" that should be coming up soon. Just Shocking!

Definitely much more 'Shocking' than Aussie son stabbed and Dad beat for not paying ฿40k karaoke bill. Da*m fish mongers!!!

Thai Bashing, TVBTV, Third World, Asian - All this type of comments comes from the First World folks with an anormous holier than attitude.

Aren't they aware of what's happening in their backyard?

Why on earth should these top guns soil their suit in these dangerous and obnoxious Third World/Asian countries?

Are these gentlemen s games?http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pastor-8-others-fatally-shot-at-church-in-charleston-sc/ar-AAbLntz?ocid=mailsignoutmd

I think there's a tiny different between Churches/Schools and Karaoke bars and hooch dens.

It is prudent not to generalise without a thought - does not highlight development or any finesse.

I'm waiting for the next "Party of 8 charged ฿10k for fish banquet" that should be coming up soon. Just Shocking!

Thai Bashing, TVBTV, Third World, Asian - All this type of comments comes from the First World folks with an anormous holier than attitude.

Aren't they aware of what's happening in their backyard?

Why on earth should these top guns soil their suit in these dangerous and obnoxious Third World/Asian countries?

Are these gentlemen s games?http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pastor-8-others-fatally-shot-at-church-in-charleston-sc/ar-AAbLntz?ocid=mailsignoutmd

I think there's a tiny different between Churches/Schools and Karaoke bars and hooch dens.

It is prudent not to generalise without a thought - does not highlight development or any finesse.

facepalm.gif What did you just say? blink.png

I met these two on the weekend. The father is a real lad, cheeky and outgoing, he is not very tall, the son just turned 18, skinny and quiet

and he already had a black eye.

Dad was showing him the adult world for his birthday present. Dad was really eager for the boy to do it all.

Dad would have spoiled the boy in the Karaoke for a few hours, expecting a bill for under 5KB. From the many guys I know that have been

stung at these Karaokes I expect the bill would have been a shocking 70 thousand give or take 20K.

Dad would have left the Karaoke with the son and bouncers to withdraw at the 7/11 ATM then possibly had no money available or decided to front the gangsters.

they were being beaten up but luckily got away before they were pulp. I'll bet when the ambulance took them 200m to the hospital they thought the

mob would find them there and finish the job. Dad did the smart thing and fled to another hospital in a tuk tuk.

The no shirt in a temple, hey, they were in a fight, shirts get ripped. maybe he did use it to stop the bleeding.

Yes, a pair of Aussie yobs they were but Chiang Mai shouldn't be damaging its reputation allowing these Karaokes to continue.

dad was a bit ocker, son was a bit shy. Both very nice people, and polite.

My impression was dad had been to Thailand before, though not Chiang mai, not realising the jet-ski scam exists also where there is no jet skis.

I'm not sure the son already had a black eye, I thought it was a port wine stain.