Thai woman plunges to death from 3/fl while using her smart phone

webfact

"He said Ms Natthapapas continued talking as she stepped backward to take photos of the control panels with her smart phone without realizing that there was an elevator shaft behind her. She plunged into the shaft to her death."

Didn't even know you could take pictures and talk on your phone at the same time.

Didn't even know you could take pictures and talk on your phone at the same time.

I have a Samsung Note 2 (three years old) and when I put it on speaker mode, I can use any other function (with more operating in the background) while still talking on the phone.

"He said Ms Natthapapas continued talking as she stepped backward to take photos of the control panels with her smart phone without realizing that there was an elevator shaft behind her

What gets me is why her co-worker didn't warn her that she was backing into an open elevator shaft.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One time about ten years ago, I checked into a supposedly new hotel, I think it was around sukumvit soi 22 or 24. I booked the place online, and their website had nice photos and glowing reports. I was hard up to find a hotel, so I went with this unknown. When I arrived at the hotel, I found it had no lift, although it had a lift cavity. They put me on the 3rd floor, which was a problem, since that was before I had my right knee replaced. I checked out after one night, even though I had paid for two. Of course, they did not refund my money. It seemed the place was still "under construction". But the really strange part of the story is that they did not do anything to block the entrances to the elevator shaft on all 3 floors. My floor just had a small vase with flowers in it as a warning at the edge of the dropoff. I even took photos of it, it was so unbelievable.

Do share photos with us....would love to see!

I managed to dig up 3 of the photos. It appears my memory was a bit faulty, in addition to the flower vases, there is a small clothes rack of some sort. The other 2 photos are looking down into the shaft. Notice all the electrical cables hanging there.

The strange part is actually that you completely misrepresented the situation in that hotel. The lift shaft was not exposed, there was a barrier across the door (it doesn't matter what the original purpose of the barrier was) and there was not just a small flower vase as a warning, there were 2 large flower vases on stands to make them even bigger and further block access.

Why would you take a photo down the lift shaft, what would you expect to see there apart from a shaft and cables?

I don't feel I misrepresented anything. If I were trying to misrepresent things, I would not have included pictorial evidence. My point in taking the photos down the shaft was to illustrate what would happen if someone stepped into the shaft. Do you call that little wooden thing a barrier? A child could easily step right through it. So could a guy who'd had a couple of drinks. What got your panties all bunched up? Are you a part owner of the hotel? Hard to imagine, since I did not name it. You seem to me like a guy who likes to stir things up to get a reaction on this board. I was just relating an anecdote from a trip to thailand 10 years ago. I've been looking through some of your posts to see what kind of person you are. They seem to all be bitter, insulting retorts to other posters who did nothing to invite your scorn and disdain. If you find my posts objectionable, just block me. Problem solved. I will return the favor.

Edited by alfalfa19

There are also no barricades to keep workers from falling off the sides of most high steel projects. The fault is clearly that of the young lady who should NOT have been multitasking and not keeping aware of her environment, this would be no different from someone who causes or dies in a car accident because they are talking on their phone.