Work permit for occasional engineering work

I was wondering if anyone has any information or advice on a work permit for occasional short notice work.

I live in Thailand with my partner and children and stay on a non immigrant O visa. I travel to Australia and PNG for work as a sub contractor in an engineering field and on the odd occasion the main company I contract to which is Australian registered offers me breakdown work in Thailand which I have to decline as I have no work permit. As the work is urgent when offered there isn't any time to apply for a permit so my question is there a work permit that I can apply for to have on standby for such work.

Sorry for the lengthy question and any advise is appreciated

provided you can have a Thai entity apply for it, you can have a temporary work permit issued in 24 hours or less, but only good for 14 days

and my understanding is, these are typically a one shot deal, in other words in a 12 month period they will issue this temporary permit only once, but of course this may depend on who is applying for the WP

I think the work permit for a consultant would do the trick allowing periodical work throughout the year - at a cost

unless you form your own company and get the full WP that way, your suggestion will not work as a WP is tied to the company concerned...there is no "consultant" WP which allows ad hoc work for various different companies ie "self employed"

I think the work permit for a consultant would do the trick allowing periodical work throughout the year - at a cost

unless you form your own company and get the full WP that way, your suggestion will not work as a WP is tied to the company concerned...there is no "consultant" WP which allows ad hoc work for various different companies ie "self employed"

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, much appreciated.

I will not be self employed, rather employed by a Australian company to carry out work for a Thai company.

Does a consultant WP have to be applied for by a Thai company or can a Australian company apply for one?

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, much appreciated.

I will not be self employed, rather employed by a Australian company to carry out work for a Thai company.

Does a consultant WP have to be applied for by a Thai company or can a Australian company apply for one?

There is no "consultant WP" you need to employed by a Thai entity, for a one shot deal, less than 14 days work, the temporary WP is the way to go, and its free and can be had typically in 24 hours or less

Ok so there's no consultation WP as someone said there was, so with the temporary wp can it be issued multiple times a year?

As I said in a previous post, my understanding is its a one shot deal per year, I guess their position is, if you need more than one time, you should have a full WP, but with that being said, known a few guys getting them more than once in year in the oil patch, so it may depend on who is applying for it and why