non 0 from savannakhet

i just retruned from savannakhet where i got a 12 month non o on retirement (not marriage ) as i was told in roiet could not get it on retirement

i have had 7 or 8 visa's out of brisbane australia before, i came back in march so i used the extre 90 days (old visa was to run out 2 april)

all i needed was

app form

copy ie

passport page

g f housebook and id signed and dated

i put in my driver licence front and back (has adress on it )and i have had it for about 9 years

letter of pension stating my fortnightly income (witch was about 2 years old) pension go's up every 6 month

bank statments for the last 2 months my money is put into to accounts

handed in the paper work pointed to the old non o asked if i can get one off these he looked at the gf house book copy said her name and said that will cost me 5000 bt and to come back after 2 the next day (took about 5mints) got there about 2-15 no one at the window was out of there in 1min

two of us went over for three days bit of r and r

"g f housebook and id signed and dated"

"he looked at the gf house book copy said her name "

Surely these are irrelevant to obtaining a Non-Imm OA ?

He certainly did not get a non-oa visa. Only a Laotian or a legal resident of Laos can get one of those.

He was lucky to of gotten multiple entry non-o visa,

Perhaps all the extra documents helped.

• Like 1

To the OP. You are a very lucky person. Many people have been refused a single entry non-o for being over 50 at Savannakhet much less a multiple entry.

Why were you refused an extension of stay at Roi Et. I suspect though that was at Amnat Charon immigration. I think it was a lack of an acceptable proof of 65k baht income.

• Like 1

yes i got a non o m in savannakhet for 12 month nzexpet, and ubonjoe it was an expat in roiet that told me i could get a retirement visa well you are all wrong and i got what i was after and bigt3116it might be irrelevant but i got one

• Like 1

yes i got a non o m in savannakhet for 12 month nzexpet, and ubonjoe it was an expat in roiet that told me i could get a retirement visa well you are all wrong and i got what i was after and bigt3116it might be irrelevant but i got one

It is true you cannot get a retirement visa here. But you could apply for a one year extension of stay if you can meet the financial requirements. No need to make border runs every 90 day with an extension.

look if i wanted an incountry visa (that is what i call them)i would have got one,and i did not have the last pension letter to take to my embassy in bangkok plus as i said my last visa had ran out i was on the 90 days extra ,, and the expat in roiet was talking about the retiremant from savannakhet witch i GOT

i have been here on and off for 10 and a half years i go back to aus end of year so the visa runs no problem in 85 days going to combodia where i have been many times AND I GO OVER TO VIETNAM as i am a vet

I seriously hope this post/topic is not a not a "wind up"

This is the first report I have seen relating to success in securing this "retirement" visa in Savannakhet

I would hate that someone traveled to Savannakhet in the hope of securing a muti-entry Visa based on retirement only to be refused .

Lets hope the report has not been made in "error"

It is true you cannot get a retirement visa here. But you could apply for a one year extension of stay if you can meet the financial requirements. No need to make border runs every 90 day with an extension.

I arrived in Bangkok on a tourist 30 day permit to stay and placed B800,000 in a Time Deposit Account. They issued a Non-immigrant "O" visas in Country at Chaengwattana Immigration, on the basis of retirement (as per stamp in Thai Language affixed alongside it. Mine was issued in 2010 on 29th July 2010 and immediately "Used" to give me a permit to stay for 3 months so that they could check that my B800,000 was still in the bank account. After one month they issued my first 12 months permit to stay. I arrived on a tourist 30 day permit to stay.

Edited by Estrada

I arrived in Bangkok on a tourist 30 day permit to stay and placed B800,000 in a Time Deposit Account. They issued a Non-immigrant "O" visas in Country at Chaengwattana Immigration, on the basis of retirement (as per stamp in Thai Language affixed alongside it. Mine was issued in 2010 on 29th July 2010 and immediately "Used" to give me a permit to stay for 3 months so that they could check that my B800,000 was still in the bank account. After one month they issued my first 12 months permit to stay. I arrived on a tourist 30 day permit to stay.

What you got was a 90 day non immigrant visa entry based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based upon retirement. But he did not even need that since he already was on a 90 day non-o visa entry

It certainly was not a multiple entry non-o which is what he was wanting.

To all the doubting Tom's out there.

I can confirm that "ba ba' did in fact get a 12 month, multi entry based on retirement as I was with him throughout the entire process and have seen the visa in his passport..

Whilst I don't doubt your word, I think the Immigration officer may have made an error.

Perhaps with the extra documents and the presence of his g/f he mistakenly thought they were married.

I live in Roi Et and I know a few who have tried and failed to get a multi entry Non Imm O from Suvannakhet, unless they were married.

I don't think this is a change in policy..............Buddha must have been favourable to ba ba.

• Like 1

Looks good....

1900 to the immigration office

3100 to the immigration officer

I do not know what you are attempting to imply BUT Thai immigration officers are not employed in Embassy's/Consulates and a 12 month multi-entry visa costs 5000 Bht !

• Like 1

To all the doubting Tom's out there.

I can confirm that "ba ba' did in fact get a 12 month, multi entry based on retirement as I was with him throughout the entire process and have seen the visa in his passport..

Whilst I don't doubt your word, I think the Immigration officer may have made an error.

Perhaps with the extra documents and the presence of his g/f he mistakenly thought they were married.

I live in Roi Et and I know a few who have tried and failed to get a multi entry Non Imm O from Suvannakhet, unless they were married.

I don't think this is a change in policy..............Buddha must have been favourable to ba ba.

A correction to the above. Ba ba's TGF was not with him, he merely had a copy of her house book and ID card and at no time was he asked for any marriage proof.

As you say, perhaps the Lord Buddha was moving favourably with the 'ba ba' and his Karma was high.