Police are Removing Illegally Parked Motorbikes

Right now I am sitting in Au Bon Pain on Thonglor Soi 15. 6 police have pulled up in a pickup and are photographing and then physically lifting up some motorbikes parked on the pavement and putting them in the back of the pickup.

Be warned if you park your motorbike on pavements as you might see it has disappeared when you return.

I had a scooter lifted from outside tukcom along with about 10 or 15 other scooters about 4 or 5 years back, went to the police station to find out where to pick it up, naturally a fine had to be paid before collection

They know the rules. great to see them enforced. You only have to go and recover your bike and pay the fine once to learn.

Now they need to keep doing this, not stop in a month or things revert.

Next they should start lifting the Hire bikes that take up 50% of the available parking in Pattaya. AND arrest the Indian restaurant owner (near soi 6) who puts no parking beacons in front of his place. AND clear all those drying racks that are still out after dark.

They have been doing this for a while here in Pattaya, the last 2-3 years or so.

I think it's good that they do it or it will get completely out of hand.

Not always, a few years ago I rented a bike in Pattaya, I parked beside other bikes in a designated parking bay with individual white lines, no notices or paintings in the kerb,

two hours later the bike uplifted and taken to the pound, I had to pay around 600 Bt between the thieving Pattaya BiB and the guys at the pound.

If I parked illegally, then I would deserve it. I have never rented a bike in Pattaya since and never will again.

They have been doing this for a while here in Pattaya, the last 2-3 years or so.

Not always, a few years ago I rented a bike in Pattaya, I parked beside other bikes in a designated parking bay with individual white lines, no notices or paintings in the kerb,

two hours later the bike uplifted and taken to the pound, I had to pay around 600 Bt between the thieving Pattaya BiB and the guys at the pound.

If I parked illegally, then I would deserve it. I have never rented a bike in Pattaya since and never will again.

When I was living in Patong they had some bizarre rule about odd days you have to park on the left and even days you have to park on the right. Maybe the same thing?

Saw bikes being ticketed on Bangna Trat road today for illegal parking as well (outside a food stall). I assume it was illegal anyway, couldn't see any markings.

They should come to nawamin road in bkk, there are 4 motocyc shops, the sidewalk is so full with new clicks, finos and scoopys on show people have to step into the road to walk around them.

Right. Terrible.

How are the noodle venders going to set up if the bikes are on the walkway?

So they towed your bike that was perfectly legally parked?

Why I have a hard time to believe you.

Right.

They uplifted it, not towed per se.

I don't care whether you believe me or not, when I returned to pick up my bike there were still some other bikes parked there.

Whether mine was the only bike lifted I don't know. What reason would I have to lie?

If my bike was illegally parked, why was there no sign of any kind? Why was there bike bays there which were also getting used by other bikes?

Right.

They uplifted it, not towed per se.

OK, I was not there to see it. It was either uplifted or towed.

I don't care whether you believe me or not, when I returned to pick up my bike there were still some other bikes parked there.

Whether mine was the only bike lifted I don't know. What reason would I have to lie?

If my bike was illegally parked, why was there no sign of any kind? Why was there bike bays there which were also getting used by other bikes?

You will know that in most parts of Pattaya there is an even/odd day parking rule where you can only park on a certain side of the road according to what day it is.

Also in front of Kasikorn bank on South Pattaya road, there are still the bike parking lines, but you're not allowed to park there any day of the week.

It would help if you gave the exact location where you parked, because I don't believe even the corrupt police force would get away with lifting a bike that was parked perfectly legal.

Hi Anthony. What you are saying may well be true, but the following day I went back and checked. There were no notices of any kind but

this being Thailand, they are so stupid they would not think to put a notice to let you know.

It was round the bend on the right hand side where Beach Road ends at Walking Street. I thing that is at or near the beginning of South Pattaya Road.

Also, take into account that this was about four years ago, and things could have changed now.

Hi Anthony. What you are saying may well be true, but the following day I went back and checked. There were no notices of any kind but

this being Thailand, they are so stupid they would not think to put a notice to let you know.

It was round the bend on the right hand side where Beach Road ends at Walking Street. I thing that is at or near the beginning of South Pattaya Road.

Also, take into account that this was about four years ago, and things could have changed now.

That would be in front of Bamboo bar, and you're not allowed to park there.

OK, but where are or were the signs, or painted kerbs to tell me this? Why are or were there motorbike bays with other motorbikes parked there? I used, I think, the only vacant bay

that was there at that time.

Don't forget, this was about four years ago. You have been very helpful Anthony, but you must see why I am aggrieved about this

OK, but where are or were the signs, or painted kerbs to tell me this? Why are or were there motorbike bays with other motorbikes parked there? I used, I think, the only vacant bay

that was there at that time.

Don't forget, this was about four years ago. You have been very helpful Anthony, but you must see why I am aggrieved about this

My spiritual advisor cautions against holding long term aggravation over minor events. ;-)