Newin Chidchob unmasked in Ducati biker gang

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see some high so's also on bikes who knows if enough of those ride we might get better laws for big bikes like in the rest of the world.

Why should the size of a bike allow the rider to his own set of laws? Are you more qualified, or safer, than the riders of other bikes, are larger bikes less likely to have accidents? Statistically they are, of course, as there are fewer of them, but I am not referring to statistics, just the reality that there is no difference between any one bike and a smaller or larger one in terms of susceptibility to misfortune on the road.

Why not let users of bigger bikes than yours access where you are not allowed? Your logic would seem to suggest that you would find that reasonable.

I think the other poster was referring to the left lane rule and motorway/ tollway rules.. And certainly in the UK they have different rules for motorway riding based on minimum cc of the motorcycle.

And it would seem that even in Switzerland they have a minimum speed requirement " Motorways are restricted to vehicles that can obtain a speed of at least 80 km/h (50 mph)."

UK sign

Just checked and that's right. I must admit I thought it was 125cc minimum.

Edited by kimamey

Good to see some high so's also on bikes who knows if enough of those ride we might get better laws for big bikes like in the rest of the world.

Why should the size of a bike allow the rider to his own set of laws? Are you more qualified, or safer, than the riders of other bikes, are larger bikes less likely to have accidents? Statistically they are, of course, as there are fewer of them, but I am not referring to statistics, just the reality that there is no difference between any one bike and a smaller or larger one in terms of susceptibility to misfortune on the road.

Why not let users of bigger bikes than yours access where you are not allowed? Your logic would seem to suggest that you would find that reasonable.

cheesy.gif Its about engine size. If you look at most European countries you will see that bikes above a certain engine size have the same rights as cars as they can keep up with traffic. Smaller bikes are put in a different catagory as they cant keep up with traffic and therefor are not allowed to go on all roads.

Big loud bikes are just penis extensions.

Who mentioned loud?

Have you come across big bikes that are quiet?

All bikes with stock exhausts are quiet. It's only after market exhausts that are loud and this could be fitted on both big and small bikes.

Try not to show your ignorance too much.

Big loud bikes are just penis extensions.

Who mentioned loud?
Have you come across big bikes that are quiet?

All bikes with stock exhausts are quiet. It's only after market exhausts that are loud and this could be fitted on both big and small bikes.

Try not to show your ignorance too much.

Yes and you can buy many "race cans" fitted with a db killer which is easily removeable for track use.