Deaths of British nationals in Cambodia shrouded in mystery

geovalin

Deaths of Foreigners Shrouded in Mystery

News by Khmer Times/Jack Laurenson

SIHANOUKVILLE (Khmer Times) – An inquest in the United Kingdom to determine the cause of death of British tourist Peter Riley, following his mysterious death in Sihanoukville was adjourned this week to allow his body to be cremated in Jersey, England.

Mr. Riley, 25, died in his room at the All Nations Guest House on Victory Hill on May 25.

Twelve days later, on June 6, another British national was found dead here. Stephen William King, 53 died in his hotel room after leaving work early complaining of “food poisoning.”

Ten days later, the body of another unidentified foreign national was discovered by police on a beach. He reportedly drowned.

Murky Circumstances

Mr. Riley and Mr. King’s deaths, along with several more, were caused by “heart attacks,” according to authorities.

Read more: http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/12397/deaths-of-foreigners-shrouded-in-mystery/

RELATED

Mystery of man found dead in Far East apartment

MYSTERY surrounds the death of a 53-year-old man who was discovered dead in an apartment in Cambodia.

The man, named in the Far East country as Stephen William King from Scunthorpe, was working as an office manager.

The Foreign Office has confirmed it has been made aware of the death of a British national – and it is understood officials are now seeking his next of kin.

A source in Cambodia told the Scunthorpe Telegraph Mr King's death was the 48th death of foreign nationals in the country already this year.

Sad but maybe not that surprising.

There is a good post in another thread on which says something along the lines of there being little or no autopsy done in Cambodia. It's just a case of..."right, this person is dead", with few other details recorded. It must be terrible for the families of these guys back in the UK.

RIP.

to state that these three people died from heart attacks is simply a load of rubbish .the Cambodians want to get their act together and find out exactly how these people died their relatives I am sure would like to know .

firstly I must point out jersey is in the channel islands not England .it seems very odd that 48 british nationals have died this year in canbodia under suspicious circumstances ?its beginning to sound like Thailand .

firstly I must point out jersey is in the channel islands not England .it seems very odd that 48 british nationals have died this year in canbodia under suspicious circumstances ?its beginning to sound like Thailand .

And Jersey should be spelt with a capital 'J'

And British should be spelt with a capital 'B'

And Cambodia should be spelt with a capital C and a 'm' not a 'n'

And Channel Islands should be spelt with capital 'C' and 'I'

It is easy to find mistakes everywhere.....

It never said 48 Brits, it said 48 foreign nationals

It never said 48 Brits, it said 48 foreign nationals

Correct, this is the current death tally so far for 2015, taken from a well-known Cambodia centered forum:

UK 9

Colin Tomas Kang, 57YO, emphysema, Siem Reap

Marc Davey, 27YO, drug overdose, Phnom Penh Hotel (Walkabout)

George Lesley Murry, 69YO, heart attack, Phnom Penh guest house

Peter Riley, 25YO, drug or alcohol overdose, Sihanoukville

Oliver Banks, 32YO, intoxication, Phnom Penh

Stephen King, 54YO, suspected food poisoning, Sihanoukville

Dean Kaye, 54YO, suicide by hanging, Phnom Penh guest house

unnamed male, unknown, lung disease, Koh Kong

David Reader, 70YO, died in jail, Sihanoukville

Archived