Myanmar woman suspected to have been electrocuted to death while cleaning

Lite Beer

Myanmar woman suspected to have been electrocuted to death while cleaning
Eakkapop Thongtub

1434875251_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: A 31-year-old Myanmar national who was found dead on a wet floor is thought to have perished from electrocution, police said.

At 5.30pm yesterday (June 20) Chalong police were alerted about an electrocution death at a migrant workers’ accommodations in Soi Wat Luang Pu Supha lane of Chao Fa West Rd in Chalong’s Moo 6.

Police arrived to the scene, a one story building that served as a workers accommodations with a general store, where they found the body of a woman named as Ms Myint, 31, who was laying on her back lifeless, wearing a blue blouse, and flower shorts.

Her skin was described as a pale green colour and she wasn’t wearing any shoes. Near her body, there was a pair of flip flops that appeared to have been tossed there.

Inside the shop there were several coolers, and the entire floor was wet as if someone had been cleaning. Police questioned neighbors who affirmed that the victim had been seen mopping the floor before they heard a loud screaming sound and rushed to see what happened.

Neighbors said they found the victim lying facedown in front of one of the coolers and then called for help from other neighbours, but it was too late – she was dead.

From this initial questioning, police are convinced that the victim had died of electrocution, most likely when she touched the freezer while standing in water.

Nonetheless, the body has been sent to Vachira Phuket hospital for examination to confirm the cause of death.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/myanmar-woman-suspected-to-have-electrocuted-to-death-while-cleaning-52876.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-06-21

LOL. I think perhaps Eakkapop isn't an NES but he writes very well. I've told him before via PM that you can't be electrocuted to death just as you can't be executed to death. "To death" is superfluous and redundant because both electrocuted and executed mean death by themselves. "She was electrocuted" is all that's needed, just as you wouldn't say someone drowned to death. The person simply drowned or was executed or was electrocuted.

Cheers.

LOL. I think perhaps Eakkapop isn't an NES but he writes very well. I've told him before via PM that you can't be electrocuted to death just as you can't be executed to death. "To death" is superfluous and redundant because both electrocuted and executed mean death by themselves. "She was electrocuted" is all that's needed, just as you wouldn't say someone drowned to death. The person simply drowned or was executed or was electrocuted.

Cheers.

A poor young Burmese slave has been killed, and you find the English language in the news report of her death humorous.

Save your English lessons for your students, because, in my opinion, it's in very poor taste on this thread.

Oh, by the way - "Cheers."

That is very sad. R.I.P Ms Myint.

How many times we've to read from some accidentely electrocutions until something will change.

As long every fool who knows to hold a screwdriver and swirl some cables can be an electrician as long people will die from electrocution in this country.

I just can see this at my sister in law's house. One of those power sockets is still energized although all MCBs are off. Nobody knows where this power is coming from. I've told her to cut off and insulat this cable but their thinking is, free power supply keep it life.

....all these makeshift setups....

...no forethought......

...and I hear my wife telling me....'I hate genius.....I hate logic'........well these are the tragic end results.....

...senseless and preventable.....

Cheers.

As you may know - in British English the word electrocution can be used also for receiving non-lethal doses of electricity. (There have been several instances of incompetence where US criminals have been electrocuted but not died immediately).

I agree that electrocuted "to death" does sound tautologous, but you would say crushed to death, starved to death, shot to death.....

Edited by bangon04

Cheers.

As you may know - in British English the word electrocution can be used also for receiving non-lethal doses of electricity. (There have been several instances of incompetence where US criminals have been electrocuted but not died immediately).

I agree that electrocuted "to death" does sound tautologous, but you would say crushed to death, starved to death, shot to death.....

Electrocuted does not necessarily mean killed, it can also mean injured. Google the word.

Cheers.

Your command of the English language is very weak. Electrocution is not necessarily fatal, and can be injurious. Use a dictionary, it will make you seem intelligent. thumbsup.gif

Drowned to death, asphyxiated to death, hanged to death, executed to death. There are lots of places where it works, and lots where it doesn't.

I find the photo rather disturbing. Posing with a corpse???

Welcome to Asia, where dying and death is considered normal.

In the West we have big cultural issues, we don't like to talk about it, let alone see it. The dead are covered and whisked away quickly, the dying are sent away to hospices.

10,000 people die every week in Thailand, in the UK around 11,000.

I find the photo rather disturbing. Posing with a corpse???

I agree 100%. Who here on TV after death be it old age ,broken neck ........anything would like to end up lying on a floor with several onlookers standing over your body ? Then it gets posted on TV should you want to see a picture.

Neighbors said they found the victim lying facedown Police arrived to the scene,where they found the body of a woman named as Ms Myint, 31, who was laying on her back lifeless,there is a possibility she may have been still alive when the neighbors arrived ! RIP

A common and tragic cause of death in Thailand which can so easily be avoided by building in 3 pin earthing sockets and wiring to the ground. Thailand's 220/230 voltage is too high for non earthed connects. In the U.S two pin connections are less dangerous as they use 115/120 voltage systems.

I was shocked, when I was 12 and I am glad it was only 110 volts.

I was holding a faulty light cord when it was plugged in, I got thrown

about 5 feet, and my eyesight was almost gone for about 5 minutes,

then I felt a bit crinkly for the rest of the evening, but I felt very fortunate

that my shock, was not an electrocution! RIP to this

poor unfortunate woman, and my condolences to her family and friends!