Snake identification

post-77290-14348791248458_thumb.jpg

I know, who needs another snake id. I get a lot of snakes in my garden and most are easily identified but this one eludes me. Possibly a copperhead racer but not sure. Over a meter long with strong markings towards the tail and less so towards the head and quite fast. It got stuck under the gate and was wounded but I think it will survive. Any ideas guys?

Sounds like Harnk -a - ding in Thai....going on what the wife is saying...(bell snake)....very dangerous.

Kill the Bastard !!!!

why kill snakes, they have a roll to play, just leave them alone if posible

Only good snake is a dead one.

Have you ever been bitten by a snake, or seen a small child that has been bitten?

Sounds like Harnk -a - ding in Thai....going on what the wife is saying...(bell snake)....very dangerous.

Kill the Bastard !!!!

Have you ever been bitten by a snake, or seen a small child that has been bitten?

Lets kill anything that can kill us then eh, Sharks, Crocs dogs, other people etc

What we really need to "kill" is "stupidity and ignorance"

Kill the Bastard !!!!

+1

Snakes give me the creeps.

The banded krait [ngoo sahm lee-um] can be quite deadly and kill you within 30 minutes.

The cause of death is that your muscles are paralyzed and your diaphragm can't work any longer to pull oxygen into your lungs.

Had a 2 meter rat snake in my house yesterday. I caught it with my home made snake snare and relocated it in the sugar cane fields down the road.

I had to have Pa help me coax it out as it went behind the large china cabinet. I would have taken a picture but I had my hands full mostly with keeping Pa from "tenderizing" it with his bamboo stick and destroying anything in it's path. The last time he helped was when there were 3 golden tree snakes in the aircon and the new housing cost me 3500 baht.

The snares are easy to make. A 2 meter length of PVC, and end cap and a length of rope. Drill two 1/4 inch holes side by side in the end cap, feed the rope through the pipe and through one of the holes. Then feed it back through the other hole and knot it. Then install the end cap. Don't install the end cap until the rope is fed through and don't glue it if it fits tight by hammering it on - in case the rope needs to be replaced.

must of been the day for snakes yesterday, we had a visitor too, a beautiful golden tree snake,

Hope you killed it !

That could easily eat a small child or a pet dog smile.png

nope,

we have a small child and a couple of dogs, a few chickens, more ducks, a lot of pigs, and we dont loose any to snakes,

anyway golden tree snake moved quicker then i could take more pics and away it went,

ive been reading a lot about snakes in thailand, i think thay the thing, try and find out about snakes, the good ones and the bad,

ill admit it i used to kill all that came onto the farm, but now i know a little bit more about them, some infact are good for the farm, so its live and let live,

and im not saying i would want a king cobra living here, but if they arent dangerouse i dont mind

must of been the day for snakes yesterday, we had a visitor too, a beautiful golden tree snake,

Hope you killed it !

That could easily eat a small child or a pet dog smile.png

nope,

we have a small child and a couple of dogs, a few chickens, more ducks, a lot of pigs, and we dont loose any to snakes,

anyway golden tree snake moved quicker then i could take more pics and away it went,

ive been reading a lot about snakes in thailand, i think thay the thing, try and find out about snakes, the good ones and the bad,

ill admit it i used to kill all that came onto the farm, but now i know a little bit more about them, some infact are good for the farm, so its live and let live,

and im not saying i would want a king cobra living here, but if they arent dangerouse i dont mind

I was joking Jake, but I'm sure you knew that :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Meatboy! My little dog wanted to make a go at it. Probably would have lost against this.

our boy is 25kilo and he wasnt toooooo keen to take him on.

these can immitate a cobra by puffing up their kneck so they are sometimes mistaken for one.

so when you got a 2mtr.plus snake and you have to protect your beloved you havnt time to get the book out to id.it.