Student arrested for shooting a rival in a brawl at Rama IX road

webfact

Student arrested for shooting a rival in a brawl at Rama IX road

23-6-2558-16-00-05-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A vocational student was arrested early Tuesday morning on charges of murder and illegal possession of firearms for allegedly shooting to death a rival student following a brawl near Rama IX road intersection over the weekend.

The suspect, 18-year old Mote, a third-year student of a vocational college on Petchaburi road, however, claimed that he shot Bodee-aek, a student of another vocational college, in self-defence as the latter tried to attack him with a knife.

The brawl involving two groups of students from the two colleges took place at the entrance of Soi Sor Kiatichai, Asoke Din Daeng road in Din Daeng district. One 18-year old student was knifed and was later declared dead at the hospital and three other students were injured, including Bodee-aek who sustained bullet wounds.

Din Daeng police examined footages of surveillance cameras at the scene of the brawl in search of the shooter and other offenders. Then they brought the pictures of suspected shooter to the victim, Bodee-aek, for identification.

With positive identification from the victim, a police team was later dispatched to a house in Nong Chik where Mote was living with his parents. Police searched the house and found a shotgun pistol in Mote’s room.

Mote allegedly admitted he shot Bodee-aek in self-defence as he tried to attack him with a knife. He also alleged that Bodee-aek fatally stabbed his friend, Tawan, who later died after he was rushed to Rajvithi hospital.

Wounded through, Bodee-aek was also booked by police on assault charges.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/student-arrested-for-shooting-a-rival-in-a-brawl-at-rama-ix-road

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-23

As per usual, a terribly written article. It appears the guy who shot the murderer is being charged with murder, but the murderer is being charged with assault. From the headline and opening sentence, you'd assume the guy who got shot would be the deceased. However, it appears the guy who got shot actually stabbed someone to death.

Edited by FloridaExport

As per usual, a terribly written article. It appears the guy who shot the murderer is being charged with murder, but the murderer is being charged with assault. From the headline and opening sentence, you'd assume the guy who got shot would be the deceased. However, it appears the guy who got shot actually stabbed someone to death.

Wait! I'm so confused! The suspect was arrested for shooting to death a rival student who actually didn't die and identified the perp thru CCTV footage. Yet, another student died of stab wounds...anybody arrested for the actual murder?

A shotgun pistol?

Get ur English journalism degree now. All you need is an internet connection and google translate (and of course related fees and backhanders from mom and dad to get you into the program).

will they close these two colleges down for the enforced period as per what they said last time, somehow I doubt it, nothing new, rival colleges killing each other again.

Edited by seajae

will they close these two colleges down for the enforced period as per what they said last time, somehow I doubt it, nothing new, rival colleges killing each other again.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read this article. Also will all of the students go to military training for discipline training.

Wait! I'm so confused! The suspect was arrested for shooting to death a rival student who actually didn't die and identified the perp thru CCTV footage. Yet, another student died of stab wounds...anybody arrested for the actual murder?

A shotgun pistol?

Get ur English journalism degree now. All you need is an internet connection and google translate (and of course related fees and backhanders from mom and dad to get you into the program).

This is a home made hand held gun with a shotgun cartridge in it. The description isn't that bad to be honest.

It appears the guy who shot the murderer is being charged with murder

It appears the person who used the gun was arrested/charged for shooting someone. They found the gun in his room.

It appears the guy who shot the murderer

The only one claiming the man who was shot was a murderer was the man who shot him; and you take his word? Wouldn't you want a trial before being called a murderer?

From the headline and opening sentence, you'd assume the guy who got shot would be the deceased.

It's probably not a good idea to 'assume' anything from reading a terribly written article in Thai, or any other country's, newspapers. The headline said he was only shot; not killed.

However, it appears the guy who got shot actually stabbed someone to death

That's twice you've called the shooting victim a murderer. The only one claiming the man who was shot was a murderer was the man who shot him; and you take his word? Wouldn't you want a trial before being called a murderer?

From the OP: Wounded through, Bodee-aek was also booked by police on assault charges.

He has not been charged with murder despite the claims of the shooter, Mote, and you.

^^

BANGKOK: -- A vocational student was arrested early Tuesday morning on charges of murder and illegal possession of firearms for allegedly shooting to death a rival student following a brawl near Rama IX road intersection over the weekend.

A shotgun pistol?

This is a home made hand held gun with a shotgun cartridge in it. The description isn't that bad to be honest.

Actually it is an accurate description. I had bought a homemade one from a Thai as a novelty when I was in the military here. Mine looked like a military 45 automatic pistol but with a breakdown barrel. Shotgun Pistol

I thought I had a good understanding of what happened after reading the op (2 or 3 times) but after reading some of the comments above I am totally confused.

You are not helping guys. whistling.gif

So many questions to ask.......................like what the bloody hell was a student doing packing heat ?

Its all a misunderstanding, the gun was a class project in metal shop and the student shot at the other guy in self-defense.

Time to stop with the accusations and let these two fine innocent fellows go home.

Not attempted murder at all just a fracas that's been blown out of proportion. Lets just see who the boys parents are, or who they are connected too, before laying blame.

Its this guy and the thing, not the first thing , the second thing, the guy and the other guy and the second thing was all caught up with the guy with the first thing. The second thing was sorted but the guy and the other thing, that's not sorted yet. It will be sorted when the guy does the thing. Not the second thing, the first thing. The second thing isn't finished until the first thing is finished.

It appears the guy who shot the murderer is being charged with murder

It appears the person who used the gun was arrested/charged for shooting someone. They found the gun in his room.

It appears the guy who shot the murderer

The only one claiming the man who was shot was a murderer was the man who shot him; and you take his word? Wouldn't you want a trial before being called a murderer?

From the headline and opening sentence, you'd assume the guy who got shot would be the deceased.

It's probably not a good idea to 'assume' anything from reading a terribly written article in Thai, or any other country's, newspapers. The headline said he was only shot; not killed.

However, it appears the guy who got shot actually stabbed someone to death

That's twice you've called the shooting victim a murderer. The only one claiming the man who was shot was a murderer was the man who shot him; and you take his word? Wouldn't you want a trial before being called a murderer?

From the OP: Wounded through, Bodee-aek was also booked by police on assault charges.

He has not been charged with murder despite the claims of the shooter, Mote, and you.

From the OP: A vocational student was arrested early Tuesday morning on charges of murder and illegal possession of firearms for allegedly shooting to death a rival student following a brawl near Rama IX road intersection over the weekend.

I wouldn't want to be called a murderer period. The shooter's friend was stabbed to death. I don't believe he would have stabbed his friend to death with a gun. That's logical, right? I don't think either one of these guys is a good guy. It appears they are both at least capable of attempting murder. I'm here to make fun of the shoddy reporting.

You are assuming he is a victim. He was involved in a fight where a rival student was stabbed to death. I think we should both admit that we don't know the facts, and the OP isn't helping to clear those up. There could have been 20 witnesses, but the reporter only wrote about two. This was supposedly a brawl.

I was talking about the headline AND the opening sentence. I already quoted the latter. It is up there in bold.

I made no such claims. I was trying to decipher the story. I was mainly pointing out that someone died from stab wounds and the newspaper is focused on the guy with the gun. It also stated that he was charged with murder. Meanwhile, the guy who he shot is still alive and coherent enough to pick out the shooter.

Edited by FloridaExport

A shotgun pistol?

Actually it is an accurate description. I had bought a homemade one from a Thai as a novelty when I was in the military here. Mine looked like a military 45 automatic pistol but with a breakdown barrel. Shotgun Pistol

The home-made guns used in these fights aren't made of alloy or gun metal. They're just mild steel, slightly under-bored, which means that they are likely to blow up. This causes a hair-fracture to the barrel when fired. You would also need a strong grip, as the kick could send it flying out of your hand. Also, being mild steel, the firing pin is liable to rust in its seat unless it's kept well-oiled.

Using these "guns" presents as much danger to the user as to the victim.

Yeah, they should be roaming the streets where they belong.

Lucky they were just shooting and stabbing and killing each other, were possibly stray bullets or shot gun pellets can hit innocent people, and not protesting for democracy or freedom of speech, cause we know what happens to students calling for this huh.......... Fair, balanced, un-bias, my RRRRRRssss.

Something very rotten in the state of Denmark. Two generations of ignorance and lunacy from both the parents and the students.

In Thailand it appears that the apple never falls too far from the tree.

Go on boy make Mum and Dad proud, be a scumbag.

Lucky they were just shooting and stabbing and killing each other, were possibly stray bullets or shot gun pellets can hit innocent people, and not protesting for democracy or freedom of speech, cause we know what happens to students calling for this huh.......... Fair, balanced, un-bias, my RRRRRRssss.

OK aussie, drop the bottle and step away from the doo yen ! clap2.gif

So many questions to ask.......................like what the bloody hell was a student doing packing heat ?

Its all a misunderstanding, the gun was a class project in metal shop and the student shot at the other guy in self-defense.

Time to stop with the accusations and let these two fine innocent fellows go home.

Not attempted murder at all just a fracas that's been blown out of proportion. Lets just see who the boys parents are, or who they are connected too, before laying blame.

No, I don't think so. The way I see it was just one gangsta killing another. whistling.gif

But seriously, there is too much of it going on and my only hope is they only kill off their own kind and innocent victims like my family are not hurt in the cross fire.

When we lived in Chiang Mai city a few years ago a student was killed by a group of students from another college, not far from our condo. They cornered him and bashed him to death.

No, I don't think so. The way I see it was just one gangsta killing another. whistling.gif

But seriously, there is too much of it going on and my only hope is they only kill off their own kind and innocent victims like my family are not hurt in the cross fire.

When we lived in Chiang Mai city a few years ago a student was killed by a group of students from another college, not far from our condo. They cornered him and bashed him to death.

But surely, they know someone influential they are innocent of any crimes?

But surely, they know someone influential they are innocent of any crimes?

Yes, I agree 100%, if they are connected they will probably "walk". It is obvious there is one law for the rich and one for the poor, a terrible situation in any society.

My new teaching job is at a vocational college. They are gonna be right little s&^% bags aren't they? sad.png

Generally yes.. The girls tend to be OK.

At least you can do a sideline of selling shotgun pistols on eBay, Craigslist etc!!!

Are there NO good ones? They are all cess pools?

My new teaching job is at a vocational college. They are gonna be right little s&^% bags aren't they? sad.png

Generally yes.. The girls tend to be OK.

At least you can do a sideline of selling shotgun pistols on eBay, Craigslist etc!!!

Are there NO good ones? They are all cess pools?

Good students or good technical colleges?

I did a 4 week part-time Intensive for a local technical college in conjunction with a local university.. I'm extremely glad I got to teach the staff most of the time.

The few lessons i did have with the students were actually OK, about 20% would be asleep. 30% in the corner chatting and the remainder engaging in the lesson. It actually worked out well!

Never mind, they'll soon settle down,

A young man once said: rolleyes.gif

"A teacher is never a giver of truth:he is a guide, a pointer to the truth that each student must find for himself" wai.gif