Translations of docs reqd for UK visa

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere - I've looked and I can't find the up-to-date info I need.

Thai wife applying for UK visitors visa. Online form completed, appointment made.

She will need to take our marriage certificate and house book and her ID card (amongst other docs).

QUESTIONS!

- Do these have to be translated? Are there any other important docs I've not mentioned that need to be supplied in translation?

- Can she get these translated the same day, before she goes into her interview? If so, where?

- And a local question: Is there an approved translation service in Mukdahan?

Many thanks in advance to everybody for this essential forum..

For my girlfriend's visitor visa, I obviously had no marriage certificate as I wasn't married, and I only submitted untranslated copies of her ID card and tabian baan.

The visa was processed and approved in 6 days.

As I've said on this forum before, the ECO looks for a number of things.

1) Evidence that she is only going to the UK for a visit and will definitely return to Thailand, or at the very least, leave the UK.

2) Evidence of sufficient financial ability to support her visit to the UK

3) Evidence of accommodation, be it a hotel or relative's house, during her visit to the UK.

4) Any supporting documents that will show she will not work or have recourse to public funds (hospitals etc)

Lastly, if you submit photos to show proof of relationship, make sure that she is looking 'standard' or nondescript. While the UKVI don't say it explicitly, people

don't do themselves any favours by sending in photos of them and their girlfriends in a bar, hair dyed blonde, wearing skimpy clothes and tattoos ablaze.

Our last experiences of applying for a UK visit visa were between 2011 and 2013.

We submitted Chanote's, Tabian Bahn, Marriage certificate, etc , non of which were translated into English... and our applications were successful.

The Thai id card already has both Thai and English.

The instructions do say that documents supporting the application should be accompanied by a translation. It maybe that if everything else is OK this would get through but I would not risk it. I would certainly recommend translation of at least the marriage certificate. I also did the birth certificates and name changes. Any translation service is OK provided they stamp their name and the date of translation on the documents. I certainly wouldn't risk waiting until the day as it is stressful enough without that as well but maybe that is just me. Good luck.

My wife and her parents applied in March this year. They supplied translated copies of all their documents.

They sent pictures of the documents to the translation company using the Line app and collected the paperwork from their office on Sukhumvit a couple of days later.

Applications approved in 3 days.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer - so I'll play safe.

I'm still interested to hear if anyone knows of a translator in Mukdahan, though ...

The definitive answer, and the requirement of the UKVI, is that supporting documents not in English should be translated. A number of people have got away with submitting non translated documents, I've done it myself, but you're taking a chance and you may be refused if the application relies on a document you haven't translated.

There are numerous outlets offering a translation service in and around the area, including in Wave Place opposite the British Embassy, and I'm sure round the Trendy building.

I know that some members here, and others, have not supplied translations and not had a problem; but:-

The UKVI guide to supporting documents says:

"If you submit a document that is not in English or Welsh, it must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by the Home Office. Each translated document must contain:

 confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document

 the date of the translation

 the translator's full name and signature

 the translator's contact details"

So that is what I recommend and what I have always done; better to be safe than sorry.

BTW, no need for her ID card; her passport, plus the biometrics they will take when she submits the signed hard copy of her application and her supporting documents, is all the evidence of her identity they require.