Prayut says he does not care about US invitation

Lite Beer

Prayut says he does not care about US invitation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister General Prayut Chanocha Friday said he did not care whether the US Embassy would invite him to attend the Independence Day event in Bangkok this year.

"It's their business. It does not matter. If they invite, I will [attend]. If they don't, I will not," said Prayut.

Meanwhile, General Wilas Aroonsri, secretary-general to PM, said that an invitation had been sent to the PM. However, the premier would not be able to attend the event as he would be attending the Japan-Mekong summit, scheduled for July 4.

"That is why [he] will not be able to join. It does not mean that they did not invite," said Wilas.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayut-says-he-not-care-about-US-invitation-30263207.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-26

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the US really need to pull their heads out of their ars*s, they have always thought they were something special when we all know the truth. The president along with a lot of their senators are hopeless, trying to tell everyone else what to do when they are the biggest losers and crims themselves but who really gives a sh*t. What they used to be and what they are now are two totally different things, if I were the general I wouldnt go either, bloody morons.

the US really need to pull their heads out of their ars*s, they have always thought they were something special when we all know the truth. The president along with a lot of their senators are hopeless, trying to tell everyone else what to do when they are the biggest losers and crims themselves but who really gives a sh*t. What they used to be and what they are now are two totally different things, if I were the general I wouldnt go either, bloody morons.

In other words, the current Thai Government are well suited to their American counterparts wink.png

Your opening sentence wouldn't be out of place if you removed the "US" for "Thais" too.

actually come to think about it, if you replaced the "US" part with "Thai" your post would be pretty much spot on too..as for your comment "who gives a shit?" well obviously you do, as you commented on it :D

The General and his cohorts sound like the typical "nobodies friend" who never gets invited to social parties of the Big Boys clubs, and then states "I wouldn't go anyway" ..

Edited by Fat Haggis

Wow. Such a case of small d*ck syndrome. Got it bad, eh? You tiny irrelevant country intolerable braggarts were last relevant about 1,000 years ago.

Every 4th of July, I always don't give a dam.......

Maybe both you and the general don't want to give a dam..... That's the day Americans celebrate kicking the asses of the King of England and his red coat soldiers and running them back to where they came from. It's Independence Day - free from being a British Colony.

That's a celebration of independence from intolerable Brits. That's the truth and the whole truth. That's all it's about.

We still celebrate being free from intolerable Brits and that's why we remember the 4th of July with fireworks and good American food. 330 million Americans will be remembering how ugly Brits are. True story.

Wow. Such a case of small d*ck syndrome. Got it bad, eh? You tiny irrelevant country intolerable braggarts were last relevant about 1,000 years ago.

Pretty sure we provided you with a language within the last 250 actually. Please do make an effort to use it correctly, even when conversing on the (British invented) internet.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Pretty sure we provided you with a language within the last 250 actually. Please do make an effort to use it correctly, even when conversing on the (British invented) internet.

The British didn't invent the internet. They aren't that smart. They also didn't invent your computer, your monitor, or anything else you're using atm. If you want to stop being a hypocrite, log off.

British English is so yesterday it's pathetic. English is the language of international trade and of the internet and it's done in American English by 5X as many Americans as there are Brits. If you'd like you can order a dictionary of 10,000 new English words brought to us by Americans in the IT revolution.

Get over yourself.

The British didn't invent the internet.

Easy mistake on his part. He just doesn't know the difference between the internet and the world wide web. smile.png

Reinventing history are we again boys ? Have you forgotten it was the French that actually afforded your Liberty ? Hence the statue ? also while we are at it do you remember how the good old Canadians kicked your asses all over the show when you tried to invade the big northern empire ? I'm sure the self promoting (yes Americas biggest asset) didn't teach you that in your fuddled history class ?

@OccamsRazor - Oh I do.. are you using ARPANET to access ThaiVisa then? Though that would be based upon the first non theoretical example of packet-switching, indeed the system that coined the phrase, created by Donald Davies (a Brit), in the National Physics Laboratory (in Britain)

Honestly though, I suspect you're using the World Wide Web. Invented by a Tim Berners Lee (another Brit).

@NeverSure. Perhaps you should educate yourself before opening your mouth. The two common names chosen as the originator of the Computer are Charles Babbage (a Brit) and Alan Turing (a Brit) who worked with the aforementioned Donald Davies (a Brit).

What is the "NeverSure American English" definition of 'hypocrite' by the way, because it make absolutely no sense in the context that you used it with regard to any definition I can find, neither in "American English" nor actual English dictionaries.

You're welcome, have a nice day y'all. Enjoy firework day, or 'Bonfire Night' as it was originally known.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

again speaking when he should be silent - if he actually said it, without reading the whole thread it would not surprise me if the accuracy of this supposed statement from the PM was made up....and if so I hope the reporters end up in jail

if he did say those words then al I can say is that after almost a year in office - you have learned nothing about diplomacy still verging on stupid, Payuth Chan (O) Cha..................cha cha