Passenger traffic at Don Mueang soars

Passenger traffic at Don Mueang soars

BANGKOK, 26 June 2015 (NNT) - Don Mueang airport posted a 42.2% leap in passenger traffic, exceeding Southeast Asia's average growth rate of 9.3%, according to a report released by the Airports Council International (ACI).

The increase was attributed to higher traffic during the holiday period.

The Bangok airport welcomed 2.51 million passengers in April 2015, up from 1.76 million year-on-year.

In addition, the ACI reported that a few major reports in Asia recorded almost 20% year-on-year growth. They included Pudong in Shang Hai and Incheon in South Korea.

However, the ACI said air freight in the region saw only 2.6% growth.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-26 footer_n.gif

Of which 90% of them are Chinese.... I remember DM stood deserted and wind swept

for several years and they were talks to turn it into so many business ideas and such,

Look at it now... and they nearly sold it to AirAsia and one stage .....

Of which 90% of them are Chinese.... I remember DM stood deserted and wind swept

for several years and they were talks to turn it into so many business ideas and such,

that was at the time a certain prime minister had a major stake in Air Asia....

I took a flight to Singapore from DM last month and got there 2+ hours early for a 7 AM flight thinking it was enough time. The airport was absolutely Jam packed, mostly with Chinese travelers. I almost missed my flight. Couldn't believe it.

Needed to meet two friends this morning at Don Mueang Airport and went to park in terminal 1 car park.

Blocked off near the split in the internal road for Arrivals/Departures so I proceeded to drive past terminal 1 arrival door and enter the car park at the next entry.

Blocked off.

No warning signs anywhere.

Traffic was a mess as everyone then tried to stop at the terminal doors.

Amazing Thailand

I took a flight to Singapore from DM last month and got there 2+ hours early for a 7 AM flight thinking it was enough time. The airport was absolutely Jam packed, mostly with Chinese travelers. I almost missed my flight. Couldn't believe it.

I was headed to Bali last month on an Air Asia 6:15am flight. There were hundreds of Chinese at the check-in counters at 4am, all elbowing, pushing shoving and line-jumping their way past the polite farangs. It was a total mob scene with no one from Air Asia trying to control the lines. I was afraid I might not make my flight, so I joined the mob and began shoving and pushing my way forward. Finally got through and to my gate on time. I was thinking next time it might be better to pay another 6500 baht and fly Thai and not have to hassle the mob scene...

I'm planning booking air Asia to Singapore early August. Is there any suitable parking for a few days at airport and is it safe. I'm driving from Phimai outside Korat with quite a lot of luggage so bus not really feasible. Maybe stay in Bangkok night before and get taxi an option although driving and parking easiest option in theory. GrAteful for any tips

• 5 weeks later...

Pax up, up, up - and still nowhere to park. International airport my arse.

This post doesn't even make sense. If the amount of passengers continues to rise, of course parking would become even more scarce. There are quite a lot of international destinations out of this airport, so of course it is an international airport.

So what?

According to you what nationality counts as passenger traffic?

bah.gif

Move it to your home... It deserves to be there.

Why - an international airport should have a car park. Why should my car belong at home. I assume you do not have one. Car or home.!

This post doesn't even make sense. If the amount of passengers continues to rise, of course parking would become even more scarce. There are quite a lot of international destinations out of this airport, so of course it is an international airport.

You do not make sense - there is nowhere to park. I am aware it is an international airport. I suggest you take more tablets.

You do not make sense - there is nowhere to park. I am aware it is an international airport. I suggest you take more tablets.

Tablets? Im posting from a PC.

There is parking at the airport. Garage and surface.

Parking space at DMK has not changed since it was BKK's only airport and somehow millions of people coped for decades. There is plenty of parking at DMK but while only T1 is open most don't know where it is as the majority (not all) of parking is located adjacent to T2 and the old Domestic. When T2 opens again soon it will be a little more convenient.

Those in the know park at Amari across from T1 for the price of a coffee and have an easy stroll walk straight into T1.

Indeed. But try finding an empty space in which to park your car.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived