US should explain its harsh rights report on Thailand, govt says

Lite Beer

hmmmm, does the report mention that more Americans have been killed by their own police - in America - than soldiers killed in Iraq and Afganistan since they invaded those country to restore law and order. (or was it because of weapons of mass destruction ... pfffft)

any country that is criticized by the great satan must be doing things right. the auld yanks simply do not like goverments that can not be bought. simple as

Please cite the source of your statistics. I smell Leftist BS

a simple web search with your simple little fingers will find as much evidence to support those statistics as you may not wish to see.

well look here: have even done a little search for you and as you can see the auld satan tops the chart by multiples. even north korea is less with a guess of 600 to 800 per 100, 000. america is a confirmed 707. are americans reall so bad. or just so dumb as to believe that they are not so dumb:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_incarceration_rate

oops answered the wrong question, but gain i have done a little research (if you add up the figures you will see that more americans are killed by their own police than soldier killed overseas since iraq nd afganistan) now there is a little 'leftist' fact for you auld doggybreath

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_the_United_States

Edited by jonesthebaker

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why one should be offended by a judgement from the US regarding human rights.

The US are the most global human rights violators and we can't count the amount of assassinations, civil unrest, coups, illegal wars, torture and more and more committed by the US the past 50 years, and there's no sign of a slow down.

So being called human rights violator by the US is like being called a pervert by a serial child rapist... a drop of water on my duck's feather would have more impact.

That's a real stinking load of BS you have dropped there. Care to cite some FACTS ? I didn't think so; when hyperbole is the tool of choice for Leftists.

coffee1.gif If you read the last sentence of the report you will see a splendid description of Americas downfallssad.png. Having said that, (yes, I'm a Yank), Thailand just purchased 3 Chinese submarines after all the military support and money the Americans throw at Thailand. The US just sent thousands of military for Cobra Gold along with the required hardware and the Chinese sent 5 observers. Thank you Thailand, I suppose you wanted us to give them to you. You should of asked: the US government is nuts.blink.png Oh, by the way, kudos on straightening out the lottery fiasco......gigglem.gif

Except for military aid, the US government does not give a penny to Thailand.

BANGKOK (AP) — "Thailand's military government on Friday forced a human rights group to cancel the public launch of its report on the Vietnamese government's persecution of an ethnic minority, saying it

could affect national security and bilateral relations.

The report by the New York-based Human Rights Watch describes persecution of Montagnard Christians in Vietnam's Central Highlands, whose religious practices have been described by the government as "evil."

Thai police said in a statement Friday the scheduled event at the Foreign Correspondents Club of Thailand could "have an impact on the country's security or could affect the friendship and cooperation between Thailand and Vietnam."

It is the third event in one month that has been canceled at the venue. Two previous seminars involved topics about human rights situation in Thailand and the country's harsh law protecting its monarchy.

Thailand is now going to be known as the defender of human rights violators in (Southeast Asia), which added more damage to Thailand's already tarnished international reputation under the military rule," he added."

Gee, I can't imagine why the US report on Thailand would be harsh. rolleyes.gif

Fact: America imprisons more of it's citizens than any other country on the planet. i.e. 2.2 million people in America are in prison compared to 1.5 million in China. (you may wish to consider that China has more than 4 times the population).

America also holds the world record for death by police.

Just a couple of little factoids for those sitll living with the idea that America is a force for good

I agree with you.....to a degree...that is if you only dwell on the bad aspects of America and their government administrations, past and present.

Meantime, America is still the big boy on the block and the champion of human rights ( regardless of all too many shady incidents occurring all over the place perpetrated by the good ole U.S.A.) while they get to do the criticizing and they ask the questions, while ignoring the criticism and seldom do they feel the need to answer the questions.

All part of being the worlds super power and the reigning champions of democracy with a large sense of entitlement thrown in for good measure.

Cheers

But lets forget to mention the Black Sites that the US allegedly have in Thailand, for enhanced torture.

Sorry, my mistake, Michael Morell says it isn't actually torture.

That's alright then, just blame those pesky Thais. cheesy.gif

The "black sites" in Thailand were a secret arrangement between Thaksin and the US.

coffee1.gif If you read the last sentence of the report you will see a splendid description of Americas downfalls:(. Having said that, (yes, I'm a Yank), Thailand just purchased 3 Chinese submarines after all the military support and money the Americans throw at Thailand. The US just sent thousands of military for Cobra Gold along with the required hardware and the Chinese sent 5 observers. Thank you Thailand, I suppose you wanted us to give them to you. You should of asked: the US government is nuts.blink.png Oh, by the way, kudos on straightening out the lottery fiasco......gigglem.gif

Except for military aid, the US government does not give a penny to Thailand.

You correct but the USA buy about 20% of Thailands exports.

I would have no problem with an independent watchdog reporting and categorising human rights information for all countries. Perhaps even the toothless tiger United Nations.

But....USA.....really??

Glasshouses.....stones comes to mind.

Fact: America imprisons more of it's citizens than any other country on the planet. i.e. 2.2 million people in America are in prison compared to 1.5 million in China. (you may wish to consider that China has more than 4 times the population).

Just a couple of little factoids for those sitll living with the idea that America is a force for good

I agree with you.....to a degree...that is if you only dwell on the bad aspects of America and their government administrations, past and present.

Meantime, America is still the big boy on the block and the champion of human rights ( regardless of all too many shady incidents occurring all over the place perpetrated by the good ole U.S.A.) while they get to do the criticizing and they ask the questions, while ignoring the criticism and seldom do they feel the need to answer the questions.

All part of being the worlds super power and the reigning champions of democracy with a large sense of entitlement thrown in for good measure.

Cheers

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Using Thailand's own status conscious hierarchy model, what they are asking for is akin to a Thai M.1 student demanding that her teacher explain the bad grade that she got on her essay. It just ain't gonna happen, Somchai!

The Thai leadership should expect similar results. However, with that said, what they more than likely will get is some mealy-mouthed, politically-correct hogwash, probably along with a veiled threat suggestion that things may go much smoother in the future if Thailand fully embraces the 'fast-tracked' TPP. What a world we live in. Reads like a poorly written screen-play for a Thai soap opera <queue the slide whistle and "Boing" spring sounds>.

"Boing yo yo yoing!" "Wheeeeeeeeettttttt!" <canned laughs>

Edited by connda

US should explain its harsh rights report on Thailand, govt says

Which part on this list does the government not understand? smile.png

"The military overthrew a democratically elected government, repealed the constitution, and severely limited civil liberties," Kerry said. "Subsequent efforts by the military government to rewrite the country's constitution and recast its political intuitions raised concerns about lack of inclusivity in the process."

The report also stated that Thais no longer had the ability to change the government in a free and fair election, while noting that the junta had stifled academic freedom, ordered scholars not to speak to the press and cancelled academic seminars.

The junta had also restricted press content deemed critical, leading to widespread self-censorship.

The US also mentioned what it described as abuses by government security forces and local defence volunteers in the deep South.

Other rights problems included arbitrary arrests and detentions, overcrowded and unsanitary prisons and detention facilities, and insufficient protection for vulnerable populations, including refugees.

That would be, deeply understanding the part about what business it is to them, and therein be the answer to their own misguided question.

I liked the bit in the report about 43 people being killed in the process of being arrested.

Which is about half the amount killed daily by police in the USA.

Hypocrites

Do you have a source for your hyperbolic statistic?

No but I am sure an anal retentive will be along any minute with them.

I don't understand why one should be offended by a judgement from the US regarding human rights.

The US are the most global human rights violators and we can't count the amount of assassinations, civil unrest, coups, illegal wars, torture and more and more committed by the US the past 50 years, and there's no sign of a slow down.

So being called human rights violator by the US is like being called a pervert by a serial child rapist... a drop of water on my duck's feather would have more impact.

That's a real stinking load of BS you have dropped there. Care to cite some FACTS ? I didn't think so; when hyperbole is the tool of choice for Leftists.

are you some kind of troll dogbreath? i see you have fell silent on my statistics. i assume you are american or a wank (wannabe yank that is) I just me that up - good eh! wank - wannabe yank. yep your wank!

I was a veteran in the U.S. Marine Corps and proud of it. But to now what is going on in Thailand has to be done. Corruption, drugs, bad police just to name a few and the new PM has all the bad people looking over there shoulders and wondering if they will be next. In Thailand you do not see riot and whole cities destroyed while the police get a order to stand down. I believe progress has been made in Thailand and will get even better if they fire the bad police instead of transferring them to another district. Thansin still has a police rank so the police brotherhood must be stronger than the military!

But this is coming from a country which also tramples on the rights of its own citizens, invades other countries on the flimsiest of excuses, detains citizens of other countries without trial and those persons only defenders are appointed by the the US military. Some of those people have been arrested in countries other than the USA and many of them have been awaiting trial for years.

It regularly sends drones to kill people in other countries and worries little if anything about "collateral damage" to that countries citizens.

Civilians in the USA are regularly killed by the police forces within the USA.

It supports freedom of speech but when it comes to Wikileaks it wants to prosecute to the nth degree those people that expose the truth.

It supports dictatorial regimes in some parts of the world.

When you live in a glass house it is not always a good idea to throw stones.

But ahhhh, the US has the 'perceived' moral high-ground and the world's reserve currency. Read 'em and weep. Lmao.

I was a veteran in the U.S. Marine Corps and proud of it. But to now what is going on in Thailand has to be done. Corruption, drugs, bad police just to name a few and the new PM has all the bad people looking over there shoulders and wondering if they will be next. In Thailand you do not see riot and whole cities destroyed while the police get a order to stand down. I believe progress has been made in Thailand and will get even better if they fire the bad police instead of transferring them to another district. Thansin still has a police rank so the police brotherhood must be stronger than the military!

did you kill any innocent woman or children or old people

Here's a start for US domestic related issues...

http://www.hrw.org/world-report/2014/country-chapters/united-states

But this is coming from a country which also tramples on the rights of its own citizens, invades other countries on the flimsiest of excuses, detains citizens of other countries without trial and those persons only defenders are appointed by the the US military. Some of those people have been arrested in countries other than the USA and many of them have been awaiting trial for years.

It regularly sends drones to kill people in other countries and worries little if anything about "collateral damage" to that countries citizens.

Civilians in the USA are regularly killed by the police forces within the USA.

It supports freedom of speech but when it comes to Wikileaks it wants to prosecute to the nth degree those people that expose the truth.

It supports dictatorial regimes in some parts of the world.

When you live in a glass house it is not always a good idea to throw stones.

Like it or not, The American people have the government they elected.

If it is a bad government, it is the responsibility of the American people.

They chose it..

It is also their choice to change the government if they feel the need to do so.

As much as I disagree with it, it is still the best government on the planet.

Get over it.

Looks like it is time for the PM to call the American government in for an attitude adjustment.

Good luck with that!cheesy.gif

But,

The PM is striking back.

He just announced that he does not care if he is not invited to the U.S. embassy for the 4th of July!clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by willyumiii

It's not the reality of the acts; it's the perception and the ability to sway opinion.

Which is why the majority of humans on this planet are dumber that a box of rocks. <I shouldn't have said that, I've given rocks a bad name> rolleyes.gif

What you say is true.

However, since 2008, coinciding with the election of a certain President, and with greater tolerance for marijuana possession, and with a growing awareness of the very high incarceration rates, the rate has been dropping. The first substantial decline since the early 1970's.

There is a long way to go for the US to change its basic approach to drug abuse prevention, which is the core issue attached to high incarceration rates. But the pendulum has started to swing toward reason.

Here's a start for US domestic related issues...

http://www.hrw.org/world-report/2014/country-chapters/united-states

no good. auld doggybreth runs from facts. he simply uses insults like all troll are trained to do.