Dependant Relatives Visa

Hi

I am still slightly confused regarding the Dependant Relatives Visa. The other day I read that it was being abolished and now I have read on another thread:

‘Retirement Visa extension. If you have a foreign married spouse who is a dependent they will be able to get this dependent visa. ( change of what has been happing the last couple weeks in Bangkok)’ From the Chief Immigration Officer

We are hoping to come to Thailand in 2007, I meet the criteria for the Long stay/retiree visa. My husband is 45 years old, does not intend to work or run a business. We have sufficient funds to live on comfortably. We were going to apply for a Non Immigration Visa type O in the UK (90 days) and extend once in Thailand.

1. If they are still available, would he qualify?

2. Would the extension be for 12 months?

3. Would it be renewable every 12 months

4. What is the procedure for obtaining this visa?

1. If they are still available, would he qualify?

yes

2. Would the extension be for 12 months?

yes

3. Would it be renewable every 12 months

as long as you were married and had the funds.

4. What is the procedure for obtaining this visa?

1) You have to be over 50 years of age

2)a) 800,000 THB on savings account

BB) OR 65,000 THB monthly pension

c) OR a combination of both savings and pension

Example 400,000 Baht savings and 32,500 Baht monthly pension)

3a medical certificate from a Thai hospital or clinic stating that you don’t

have

a) Leprosy

BB) Turberculosis, TB

c) Elaphantiasis, Filariesis

d) Addiction to drugs

e) Syphilis

f) Alcoholism

Required Documents

a)Immigration form 7

BB) Copy of passport

c) 4 x 6 cm photo

d)2,000 THB application fee

4)Financial Evidence

a) Bank account pass-book, bank statement. Letter from Bankcertifying your bank balance, and also when the funds arrived that you have deposited. This letter can only be issued less than

72 hours from applying for the retirement visa.

BB) If you qualify with your pension you need evidence showing amount of pension accompanied with Thai translation certified by the Embassy or Consulate of the country paying the pension

5)In cases of having dependents (husband / wife, ), the applicant must provide evidence indicating their relationship. Evidence must be translated into Thai and be certified by the embassy or consulate of the aliens.

6) Non Immigrant visa or a tourist visa which has at least 30 days remaining of validity needed, if this is a tourist visa. This will need to be changed to an “O” visa first and then the extension of stay based on retirement can be applied.

7)The officials reserve the rights to examine or ask for additional documents if necessary.

Our firm helps people with getting the extension. Our professional fee is 6,500 Baht.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi

Thank you for this information. Regarding point 5

In cases of having dependents (husband / wife, ), the applicant must provide evidence indicating their relationship. Evidence must be translated into Thai and be certified by the embassy or consulate of the aliens.

I take it you mean our marriage certificate. Would we have this translated into Thai in UK or wait until we got to Thailand? And would the British Embassy in Bangkok certify it for us?

Do you have an office in Chiang Mai?

One other point the evidence that we have no criminal record do we need to obtain this before we leave UK and does it need to be translated into Thai?

Thank you :o

In cases of having dependents (husband / wife, ), the applicant must provide evidence indicating their relationship. Evidence must be translated into Thai and be certified by the embassy or consulate of the aliens.
I take it you mean our marriage certificate. Would we have this translated into Thai in UK or wait until we got to Thailand? And would the British Embassy in Bangkok certify it for us?

You can do it in BKK.

Do you have an office in Chiang Mai?

Yes

053-283-845

One other point the evidence that we have no criminal record do we need to obtain this before we leave UK and does it need to be translated into Thai Thank you :o

No need to have it in Thailand. This requirement is if you apply for the retirement visa in the UK instead of Thailand.

Can a Thai wife have 800k in the bank and support a farang hubby (that has no money) ??

They don't even look at the spouse finance so the answer is yes.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I do not believe a Thai wife would be able to obtain a retirement visa in Thailand regardless of the amount she has on deposit. :D

Lol. My eyes are getting bad. :o

Can a Thai wife have 800k in the bank and support a farang hubby (that has no money) ??

No. But it could be yes :D , as she could put the $ in the bank acct. It is suppose to come from overseas but sometimes it’s not a problem.

Can a Foreign wife have 800k in the bank and support a farang hubby (that has no money) ??

Yes

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com