Renewing 1 year ext.Ret. and 2 month later moving Rayong...

I must renew my 1 year Extension based on retirement at Jomtien in September, but 2 months after planning to move to Rayong .Must I do all over again there or just change the address ?

Same question for my 5 year driving license , must I change address in Rayong province or renew the "whole thing" over as before ?

Thanks.

• Like 1

All you need to do is a change of address by submitting a TM28 form.

It is possible to change your address on your drivers license.

Thanks for the quick and clear answer as always wai2.gif thx UbonJoe

• Like 1

Just be aware, though, that Maptaput Immigration (Rayong) won't issue you with a residence certificate for the driving licence address change, according to this thread on the Eastern Thailand forum: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/826064-mapthaput-immigration-no-more-residence-certificates/

Thx , I shall keep that in mind , but most is HOW you ask it an HOW you appear to ANY official service , never had any problem in Jomtien or bank or driving center .....once on KK a good looking young man get a flat" no not possible to open bank account" (even before he showed money or documents , from the KK welcome lady ..... oh did I mensioned he was in shorts and naked bronzes torso ......biggrin.png ,this was on Jomtien beach branche whistling.gif

but anyway Thx for the warning ,wink.png

If I go Rayong it is because I bought condo there that moment , so I think a book for that shall be delivered blue or yellow , I do not know ....

• Like 1

Just be aware, though, that Maptaput Immigration (Rayong) won't issue you with a residence certificate for the driving licence address change, according to this thread on the Eastern Thailand forum: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/826064-mapthaput-immigration-no-more-residence-certificates/

Thx , I shall keep that in mind , but most is HOW you ask it an HOW you appear to ANY official service , never had any problem in Jomtien or bank or driving center .....once on KK a good looking young man get a flat" no not possible to open bank account" (even before he showed money or documents , from the KK welcome lady ..... oh did I mensioned he was in shorts and naked bronzes torso ......biggrin.png ,this was on Jomtien beach branche whistling.gif

but anyway Thx for the warning ,wink.png

If I go Rayong it is because I bought condo there that moment , so I think a book for that shall be delivered blue or yellow , I do not know ....

But if post #3 on the thread I referred to is to believed, Jomtien will still give you the necessary residency certificate even after you've moved off their patch - subject, of course to a 500 THB "donation" towards the "upkeep of their tea club"!thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

The driving license doesn't have one's address on it

The driving license doesn't have one's address on it

Yes it does, on the back of the driving licence.

It also has your passport number on it, which is one of the reasons it is sometimes accepted it as proof of ID.

Edited by Faz

@david555

You should receive a Blue Tabian Ban as proof the Condo address has been registered with the local Amphur.

However your name will not be present in it (as a foreigner), but you can take that Blue Tabian Ban to the Amphur who should issue you a Yellow Tabian Ban with your name in it.

The Yellow book does not replace the Blue book (which should be kept) it is in addition to it.

Within 24 hours (or asap) go to Map Ta Phut Immigration Office to change your address using a TM28 and also a TM30.

They will give you a receipt of change of address and doing 90 day reports thereafter should not represent a problem.

You can change the address on your Driving licence(s) free of charge by simply supplying your old licence(s), passport and proof of address. (Certificate of residence or Yellow Tabian Ban)

Certificates of residence can also be obtained from many local Police stations or your local Amphur office.

Guys,

Sorry for bombing thread but you have answered the mans query already and I don't want to open a new thread when it can be answered quickly here.

My extension based on retirement is due mid July.(July 16th ) If I renew this week, will I lose the days leading up to my renewal date or are they credited on the new extension.

No big deal but I can wait until nearer the time, I just wanted it out of the way.

Edited by Scouse123

Guys,

Sorry for bombing thread but you have answered the mans query already and I don't want to open a new thread when it can be answered quickly here.

My extension based on retirement is due mid July.(July 16th ) If I renew this week, will I lose the days leading up to my renewal date or are they credited on the new extension.

No big deal but I can wait until nearer the time, I just wanted it out of the way.

All extensions start from the date the current one ends. You loose nothing by going early.

• Like 1