double crop from producing orchard

slapout

It is a little hard to say without knowing the spacing, size and type of fruit trees, but there are several vegetables that would work. There is a chilli called Prik Kee Nu that does well partially shaded. They are small peppers, but usually have a good price. If there is room between the rows we do corn, cucumbers, eggplant, peppers, okra and some others. If the trees are not that close together you can put a papaya inbetween or even guava.

You can google for companion planting orchards. Some plants are very good for others. In Oregon and Washington, asparagus is often planted in fruit orchards but I don't know why. It's perennial and doesn't have to be replanted. I don't know if would even grow in Thailand. It bears early in Spring and then is out of the way for orchard work. I say this only to say that I'm also aware of companion planting in orchards.

Pumpkins are a hot weather crop and require a long growing season. They bear in the Fall, just in time for Halloween. They are annual and have to be replanted every year. I don't even know if they might be perennial in the tropics. The first hint of frost kills them as you know.

Surely there is something you could grow in there?

Good luck.