beach chair people now own footpath

phycokiller

I bought my own folding beach chair, folding table and beer cooler. All I need is a shady spot away from those venders.

Carrying a chair, and a table to the beach in order to save 40 baht? You can't be serious! And where is the shady spot on beach in Pattaya or Jomtien. Don't tell you carrying a beach umbrella as well.

I don't have to defend my actions, especially if they're legal. If I don't feel like dealing with the beach chair vendors, and their filthy chairs then that's my business.

You may have me on the shade though as I haven't been there since last month. Surely there's some trees left somewhere.

It is easy to spot the trees giving shade , they all have vendors umbrellas and filthy chairs under them.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my own folding beach chair, folding table and beer cooler. All I need is a shady spot away from those venders.

Carrying a chair, and a table to the beach in order to save 40 baht? You can't be serious! And where is the shady spot on beach in Pattaya or Jomtien. Don't tell you carrying a beach umbrella as well.

I don't have to defend my actions, especially if they're legal. If I don't feel like dealing with the beach chair vendors, and their filthy chairs then that's my business.

You may have me on the shade though as I haven't been there since last month. Surely there's some trees left somewhere.

It is easy to spot the trees giving shade , they all have vendors umbrellas and filthy chairs under them.

Last I knew the beach chair vendors all have their assigned spots, regardless of where the trees may be.

They do have assigned spots and can be moved without notice to a less desirable spot like one without any trees.

It is pretty bad for the vendors these days as the chairs are empty and they don't have Wednesday anymore.

I use the same lady who has been there for years and although the chairs and umbrellas are rather tatty they are still convenient.

I wouldn't consider ever bringing my own chairs umbrella etc too much hassle and it is so cheap anyway

What about very poor exchange rates, Baht far too strong. should have tanked months ago, kept high by dark forces.

Ok, for sure Lets hope that the Black Swan that is lurking in emerging markets on the Greece/Euro problem will appear and affect the exchange rate.

Sterling & dollars good, Euro bad.

What about very poor exchange rates, Baht far too strong. should have tanked months ago, kept high by dark forces.

Ok, for sure Lets hope that the Black Swan that is lurking in emerging markets on the Greece/Euro problem will appear and affect the exchange rate.

Sterling & dollars good, Euro bad.

No they are not when I first moved here 75 to the pound, now 52 really poor.

Thankfully as a resident and with my own transportation, I only walk on beach road now and again (when overcast, since the nice old big tress have been cut down).

I think the last time I rented a beach chair there was in 2004 or thereabouts, dirty water in the bay man, swimming there no thanks.

Drive a bit further south and there are many almost empty beaches and no hassle at all, out where the Glass house restaurant is located, very very nice.

If you have the nerves to ride your scooter out there, you wont regret it, it's not very far away, app 10km from central Pattaya.

• 3 months later...

They do have assigned spots and can be moved without notice to a less desirable spot like one without any trees.

It is pretty bad for the vendors these days as the chairs are empty and they don't have Wednesday anymore.

I use the same lady who has been there for years and although the chairs and umbrellas are rather tatty they are still convenient.

I wouldn't consider ever bringing my own chairs umbrella etc too much hassle and it is so cheap anyway

i used the same family run beach vendors for years until one day some inlaws came for a day out from bangkok and

at the end of the day my wife went to settle up the bin , they charged at least three times what was owed.

the wife paid it but was really annoyed and i made a point of walking past that spot everytime we went to the beach

and greeting the vendors before we carried on walking with a big smile, it was low season and the place was empty

so how do you fix it charge the regulars more. they lost me and a couple of friends my wifes family and now none

of the twenty odd people use pattaya beach anymore lots of beautiful beaches within 30mins .amazing thailand again.

The chair vendors at Beach rd. Soi 8 need a good spanking too. Agreed?

The chair vendors on Wong Amat beach (Naklua soi 18) have been given a good spanking. There are no customers, no food, no chairs, no income, and no maintenance. It's a pity because this beach typically attracts regular customers over many years.

That's terrific news.

Sadly that beach mafia scammer will pop up somewhere and continue to ruin Thailands reputation. Guaranteed!

The chair vendors on Wong Amat beach (Naklua soi 18) have been given a good spanking. There are no customers, no food, no chairs, no income, and no maintenance. It's a pity because this beach typically attracts regular customers over many years.

That's terrific news.

Sadly that beach mafia scammer will pop up somewhere and continue to ruin Thailands reputation. Guaranteed!

What were the problems at Naklua soi 18 ? Because that area is usually filled with the Dusit Thani hotel guests

and is pretty empty all year except for high season

I did have some problems with those jerks about their dogs. Who wants to sit around a bunch of dogs ??

And for that matter if your a non smoker you dont want to be within 25 meters of those chair areas on any soi.

Thats all" these" venders do all day and about 80% of the foreigners too. If thats all "these" people do all day:

lie around smoking cigarettes why dont they just stay home ?

Edited by morrobay

That's terrific news.

What were the problems at Naklua soi 18 ? Because that area is usually filled with the Dusit Thani hotel guests

and is pretty empty all year except for high season

I did have some problems with those jerks about their dogs. Who wants to sit around a bunch of dogs ??

And for that matter if your a non smoker you dont want to be within 25 meters of those chair areas on any soi.

Thats all" these" venders do all day and about 80% of the foreigners too. If thats all "these" people do all day:

lie around smoking cigarettes why dont they just stay home ?

Edit: I just read the (one of many cascading) report on the Wong Amat jerks.. Correction Its soi 22 that is the Dusit Thani beach chair area.

Ive said it before but this so far never ending supply of " oblivious first time visitors " who will not return, cannot go on too much longer.

Thailand has just been lucky riding on its brand name with tourists. So many nicer beaches and attitudes in other countries in S.E. Asian region.

Edited by morrobay

re

But then again: The "Premier Beach Side Resort" of S/E Asia does not want visitors to come and sit here for free. Every time, a visitor wants to sit down somewhere

hes told not to :(

and this is in chiang mai night bazzar !

dave2

post-42592-0-75435100-1446206221_thumb.j

The Royal Thai Government has launched a new 1111 hotline to receive complaints from foreigners in Thailand, in addition to the existing 1155 Tourist Police Call Centre. In case of emergency, foreigners are advised to dial 1155. The 24-hour Tourist Police Call Centre is ready to offer assistance to both tourists and foreign residents in Thailand. There will be interpreters on standby to receive all emergency calls. If the pressing cases are beyond the centre’s jurisdiction, they will be referred to the respective government agencies. For non-emergency matters, foreigners are advised to call 1111. The centre, also available 24-hour daily, is staffed by representatives from all 20 ministries to ensure prompt response for all complaints received from foreigners in Thailand. Complaints received will be coordinated through the centre to related government agencies, state enterprises, and non-governmental organisations.

In Jomtien they are removing the "shady spots" by cutting down the old-growth shade trees (not all, but many). The sun will be unbearable during the hot season up and down the promenade/walkway. They are also destroying the sitting areas, some of which used to be underneath shade trees (no more). The destruction has temporarily stopped at Soi 7, but it will only be a matter of time until the places to sit are gone. Even now, people are clustering underneath the few and far between shade trees that they decided not to kill (trimmed them instead). I suppose the beach chair vendors will see an increase in business because of the FUBAR development. I hate that, but it is predictable.

shade is almost gone after the last few years of "pruning" and "security" and light improvements. Pattaya officials, whoever they really are just don't want to make the beach attractive. It would be a huge tourist boom if the beach was actually nice, had shade, etc. Florida beaches where I live are clean and good for swimming but you don't typically get a lot of trees near the water. Thailand with its mangos and other types of trees are nice because you can get a lot of shade right near the water.

I would pay triple for a large plastic chair with a mat like on koh larn. at 6 foot 4" those tatty wooden things Are to small

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Unfortunately greed and money rules here both at a national and local level, they have done little for 10's of years to reinvest in infrastructure and improve things, the money goes straight into their pockets with no forethought of how they could actually improve and make Thailand a better place. Those deck chairs are cheap nasty and uncomfortable, then they try to charge rediculous prices for them, they are packed together and have about 20% occupation throughout the day, all they do is clutter up the beach

It is now going sour, they are relying more and more on tourists from China (who don't spend money) and India/Africa who are equally poor and can barely afford a flight ticket coming here for a 2 week holiday and wondering around doing nothing and spending nothing.

I love the beach but travel long distance to find something I like even sometimes 600km

The Thais cannot see they are shooting themselves in the foot, local government should be forcing them to change - ban those substandard cheap deck chairs and force them to reinvest in proper quality loungers or completely remove the vendors from the beach until they come up with a plan to improve, they expect quality tourists but provide zero quality in return - they just don't see it so someone needs to see it for them and force change

Well said...

I would pay triple for a large plastic chair with a mat like on koh larn. at 6 foot 4" those tatty wooden things Are to small

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Unfortunately greed and money rules here both at a national and local level, they have done little for 10's of years to reinvest in infrastructure and improve things, the money goes straight into their pockets with no forethought of how they could actually improve and make Thailand a better place. Those deck chairs are cheap nasty and uncomfortable, then they try to charge rediculous prices for them, they are packed together and have about 20% occupation throughout the day, all they do is clutter up the beach

It is now going sour, they are relying more and more on tourists from China (who don't spend money) and India/Africa who are equally poor and can barely afford a flight ticket coming here for a 2 week holiday and wondering around doing nothing and spending nothing.

I love the beach but travel long distance to find something I like even sometimes 600km

The Thais cannot see they are shooting themselves in the foot, local government should be forcing them to change - ban those substandard cheap deck chairs and force them to reinvest in proper quality loungers or completely remove the vendors from the beach until they come up with a plan to improve, they expect quality tourists but provide zero quality in return - they just don't see it so someone needs to see it for them and force change

I like the beach chairs...I like the price....Dont chage anything...

The price to sit under a umbrella all day is about 1 dollar...

Yes one dollar for a whole day..

Also loads of empty beach for those who are too cheap to spend

one dollar...

Who really cares if the chairs are not first first class...

Its perfect really 2nd class chairs for a 3rd class beach and

4th class dirty ocean water.....

Edited by fforest1

The price to sit under a umbrella all day is about 1 dollar...

Yes one dollar for a whole day..

Also loads of empty beach for those who are too cheap to spend

one dollar...

Who really cares if the chairs are not first first class...

Its perfect really 2nd class chairs for a 3rd class beach and

4th class dirty ocean water.....

The price is a $1 but sometimes they say $10.

Besides that, they set up thousands of empty chairs to block tourists from using the area.

Sometimes they abuse tourists that want to use the open space.

They leave their crap there in the evenings and the place looks like a slum.

Aggressive, rude vendors pester the tourists all day long.

They had their chance. Screw them.

Set up umbrellas when a person requests one is the answer and haul that crap out of there at sundown.. And if they scam, come down on them like a ton of bricks.

Sometimes it's just refreshing not to deal with the beach vendors which is why I have my own chair, table and cooler. I've been overcharged more than a few times which is why I have a bad taste in my mouth. To complain is an invitation for trouble so I let my wallet do my talking.

Still have to deal with the beggars, hawkers, dealers, merchandisers, merchants, sellers, vendors costermongers, concessionaires, black marketers, bootleggers, fences, fencers, hustlers, pushers, smugglers, traders and massage people though. No such thing as a free lunch I suppose.

tried to sit down on the sand bags op soi 8. we were told that we couldnt sit there and had to rent a chair on the beach. they got very aggressive so we were forced to move. I know its low season but what a bunch of grumpy pricks

Few days ago they chased away russian family from naklua beach. All was recorded and vid went viral.

They got nicked and fined well 1000thb and told they damage thailand image.

They were told they dont own beach

Sandbags thats new low.

Should report it

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Edited by BeefSlapper

Today there are no chairs and no income on Wong Amat beach (Naklua soi 18).

The result of Thais misbehaving and getting spanked by the government.

If only every Thai could get penalized for bad behavior.

Looks much better now, just like a TAT brochure.

More sand and less scammers. Nice.