Songs of War

I think the papal influence is waning in the emerald isle these days rgs, not before time imo.

Good gawd man, thats putting it mildly.

Well done the Irish, the facist Bishops Party must have felt they had been poked in the eye with a very sharp stick over the gay marriage vote.

Unfortunately, I doubt if we will ever see (St) Sinead being fast tracked for the sainthood, what an utterly brave woman, especially the way she handled herself with dignity after being vilifed by the nut jobs in America.

The woman was a prophet, bless you Sinead.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BN, like you I have seen hundreds of bands over the years and lost count the number of concerts I have attended.

But I have NEVER seen anything like this, probably IMHO one of the most iconic moments in rock history, put Mr Mojo Risin dropping his pants to shame,

The Beatles playing on top of a roof top, pales into insignificance, have you ever seen anything like it?

"Fight the real enemy"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCOIQOGXOg0

QUOTES from POSSUM

Ha Ha So all the songs are glorifying wars??????? Wars are not about the good and bad guys? What about a country that occupies another country?

So one country is in another country against the will of the people and murdering them, and they are not bad guys?? Enough said.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

War songs glorify the "heroic" deeds that misled victims inflict on other victims.

Do you know any war songs that talk about the true courses of war: internal party politics, geo politics, oil or coal, hiso games, greed, religion and other backward philosophies etc, and about what wars do to their victims?

I would very much like that type of war songs, if you know any, please post them.

Would these meet with your approval

A song about the Irish War of Independence,

Please don't, confuse the sectarian murder gang that was and is the IRA with real soldiers. I have unfortunately seen first hand what this bunch of phsychopaths get up to.

Please don't, confuse the sectarian murder gang that was and is the IRA with real soldiers. I have unfortunately seen first hand what this bunch of phsychopaths get up to.

I will say this just once, don't you confuse the original IRA led by Michael Collins who were fighting for the Irish Independence which they have today,, with the Provos.

This forum is about Thailand, so we will end this matter right now..

I will say this just once, don't you confuse the original IRA led by Michael Collins who were fighting for the Irish Independence which they have today,, with the Provos.

If you wanted to end it you should not have tried to get in the last word. thumbsup.gif

If you wanted to end it you should not have tried to get in the last word. thumbsup.gif

Lost today. I did not need the last word, The post went away off topic. This forum is about Thailand.

I agree with you. But you should have confined your comments to off topic instead of the IRA comment. You were like the bully who punches the kid and then says lets stop fighting. If you wanted to stop fighting you should have just stopped fighting and not taken the last punch about the IRA.

Lost today. I did not need the last word, The post went away off topic. This forum is about Thailand.

I agree with you. But you should have confined your comments to off topic instead of the IRA comment. You were like the bully who punches the kid and then says lets stop fighting. If you wanted to stop fighting you should have just stopped fighting and not taken the last punch about the IRA.

Wrong, I did not start the post about the IRA, I started this topic about 'Songs of War', not the IRA, and I replied to it and then finished it. So just leave it at that.

Wrong, I did not start the post about the IRA, I started this topic about 'Songs of War', not the IRA, and I replied to it and then finished it. So just leave it at that.

Are you incapable of seeing what you did? You told the guy not to talk about the IRA and then you talked about the IRA. blink.png

You wrote, "I will say this just once, don't you confuse the original IRA led by Michael Collins who were fighting for the Irish Independence which they have today,, with the Provos.

This forum is about Thailand, so we will end this matter right now. "

Edited by lostoday

possum, how can songs of war be about Thailand? Since King Rama 1 and the start of the Rattanakosin era, they have been involved only in battles with the Burmese and Lao, and some forces sent more recently to WW1, Korea and Vietnam .Few lasting songs of war have been documented and handed down from these conflicts as far as I know.

So we're left with war songs per se, and indeed what an interesting and of course, emotional topic it is- from the victory songs still sung today by various winners of past battles to the laments of the damage war incurs to the human spirit.

I apologize for repetition, but every English citizen such as myself, born too late for war and National Service, has been a fortunate son indeed.

possum, how can songs of war be about Thailand? Since King Rama 1 and the start of the Rattanakosin era, they have been involved only in battles with the Burmese and Lao, and some forces sent more recently to WW1, Korea and Vietnam .Few lasting songs of war have been documented and handed down from these conflicts as far as I know.

So we're left with war songs per se, and indeed what an interesting and of course, emotional topic it is- from the victory songs still sung today by various winners of past battles to the laments of the damage war incurs to the human spirit.

I apologize for repetition, but every English citizen such as myself, born too late for war and National Service, has been a fortunate son indeed.

Bannork, I did not mean the songs of war was about Thailand, I apologise if it seemed that way, I mean that Thaivisa itself is about Thailand. My topic was about songs of war in any country at any time, not any troubles of any country, and I did not want to get involved with anything like that. Also, your last line is very true.

Bannork, I did not mean the songs of war was about Thailand, I apologise if it seemed that way, I mean that Thaivisa itself is about Thailand. My topic was about songs of war in any country at any time, not any troubles of any country, and I did not want to get involved with anything like that. Also, your last line is very true.

War is about trouble for a country. I can't think of anything that would create more trouble for a country than war? Sorry I think you should amend your topic to read, "Songs of War that I approve of."

Civil wars are never tidy. Americans are still fighting and the war was officially over in 1865 but some are still carrying the battle flag of the Confederacy and singing Dixie. I imagine there are other countries with the same problems.

Edited by lostoday

War is about trouble for a country. I can't think of anything that would create more trouble for a country than war? Sorry I think you should amend your topic to read, "Songs of War that I approve of."

Civil wars are never tidy. Americans are still fighting and the war was officially over in 1865 but some are still carrying the battle flag of the Confederacy and singing Dixie. I imagine there are other countries with the same problems.

I was not going to answer any more of your posts on this topic, however, I agree with your post apart from "Songs of War that I approve of". Go and look at post 85, a song from Paper Lace. Then maybe you will come back to me with an apology.

My topic is "Songs of War" and nothing else, just the songs.