Thai "Blues"is it normal?

n210mp

Thailand seems to be a fine place for those with no future anywhere, either because they are old and close to death or because they have truly no ambition at all. You will leave nothing behind except a grinning corpse. At least in the West you can forge a life and a future out of hard work and skill. Thailand is just a drain pipe of hopelessness - those who learn to cope do it by giving up completely on life. It's no way to live, certainly not when you have many years in front of you.

Leaving was the best decision I ever made.

Coming to Thailand was one of the better decision's I ever made, as they gave me a 30% uplift on my farangistan salary thumbsup.gif

Seems to me your bitterness stems from the fact you were a failure in Thailand, as one can forge a life and future here is you work hard...wink.png

but just because you failed, don't paint everyone with the same brush, I know many farangs here who have really "succeeded" in Thailand and done far better than they would have in their farangstan countries

I made a list of very specific things I wished to accomplish. Those things were not possible to do in Thailand. They are;

1. Own land in my own name. (Accomplished)

2. Run for political office and win. (Accomplished)

3. Study post graduate with scholarships. (Accomplished)

4. Build a career in a field forbidden to non-Thais. (Accomplished)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well said souty,

another bitter and twisted kant come home,,,lol

funny isnt that its mostly them who have come and failed who always pull thailand down,

them who came and got turned over by some uneducated girl, the call all thai ladys whores,

What makes you think I was failure in Thailand? When I left I had a good job, a nice condo, lots of friends and non-IMM visa. I gave it up not for what I didn't have, but what I could have.

Edited by BudRight

What makes you think I was failure in Thailand? When I left I had a good job, a nice condo, lots of friends and non-IMM visa. I gave it up not for what I didn't have, but what I could have.

The fact your blaming a whole country for your own inadequacies, lack vision and lack of knowledge shows you were a failure, the fact you have to get on a Thailand based website and suggest every foreigner who still lives there :

they have truly no ambition at all.

No future anywhere

because they are old and close to death

Thailand is just a drain pipe of hopelessness

giving up completely on life

It's no way to live

The above shows what a bitter little failure you are, just because failed doesnt mean everyone else has

Moving Country would be my option....

or maybe just getting away from Pattaya and the other tourist traps would work.

If you can't be happy in Pattaya where there is everything to do I doubt you'll be happy anywhere in Thailand. Moving to the village was a huge mistake on my part.

Now the only thing I can do to alleviate the "Thai blues" is coming to rant on TV and hope to see a pretty Thai girl.

BTW I thought this was a music thread smile.png .

Sorry mate to disappoint you...but there aren't so many pretty Thai girls on TV...

I assume you mean the forum and not the electronic device....

I use an internet cafe to access the internet. I usually get to see a pretty girl or two on the way there from the house smile.png .

Thailand seems to be a fine place for those with no future anywhere, either because they are old and close to death or because they have truly no ambition at all. You will leave nothing behind except a grinning corpse. At least in the West you can forge a life and a future out of hard work and skill. Thailand is just a drain pipe of hopelessness - those who learn to cope do it by giving up completely on life. It's no way to live, certainly not when you have many years in front of you.

You sound very bitter. I've been here 10 years. I was 41 two weeks ago

I have been to roughly 100 countries and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I have a good job in Thailand now on a bigger salary than an engineer of my type would be on on the UK. I was doing the 4/4 in the Middle East and Kazakhstan for the best pet of these 10 years.

I have a Settled family life and a smile on my face

im sure some think when you come here youve been no were and done nothing,

im like you franky, ive worked in more contries then most have been to, i just happend to fall in love with not only thailand but my wife and my life here,

The above shows what a bitter little failure you are, just because failed doesnt mean everyone else has

If you were so <deleted> smart you'd wouldn't be someone else's beotch by working for him and then bragging how well you do. If you were so <deleted> smart you would be wherever you want doing what you want instead of doing what the massa tells you to do.

You talk big but you're full of it.

im like you franky, ive worked in more contries then most have been to, i just happend to fall in love with not only thailand but my wife and my life here,

So right Jake...Me too. Difference for me is, I am now retired a few years. Cant be bothered travelling so much anymore, been there done that.

Keep on piggin mate...

weegee my mate, i havnt been to work since 7th march i did a 3 month stint in angola, and i thought what the ££££ am i doing here, so i did that stint and thought im staying home for a while,

i had an email yesterday that i might be needed in scotland again, if that comes up ill go for a bit as i can kill 2 birds with 1 stone, see my family for free and get paid,

weegee my mate, i havnt been to work since 7th march i did a 3 month stint in angola, and i thought what the ££££ am i doing here, so i did that stint and thought im staying home for a while,

i had an email yesterday that i might be needed in scotland again, if that comes up ill go for a bit as i can kill 2 birds with 1 stone, see my family for free and get paid,

Go for it....get a quid while you can. That will stop any "Blues"....lol.

If you were so <deleted> smart you'd wouldn't be someone else's beotch by working for him and then bragging how well you do. If you were so <deleted> smart you would be wherever you want doing what you want instead of doing what the massa tells you to do.

You talk big but you're full of it.

and the Oregon Oracle speaks.....funny how the ones throwing the most bile and venom around don't even live full time in Thailand any more..rolleyes.gif ...but yet they spend large amounts of time on a Thailand based forum trying to convince everyone how bad the place and they get very nasty when they are called on it...as the the "Oracles" post proves

It's that simple mate.

Coming to Thailand was one of the better decision's I ever made, as they gave me a 30% uplift on my farangistan salary thumbsup.gif

Seems to me your bitterness stems from the fact you were a failure in Thailand, as one can forge a life and future here is you work hard...wink.png

but just because you failed, don't paint everyone with the same brush, I know many farangs here who have really "succeeded" in Thailand and done far better than they would have in their farangstan countries

I made a list of very specific things I wished to accomplish. Those things were not possible to do in Thailand. They are;

1. Own land in my own name. (Accomplished)

2. Run for political office and win. (Accomplished)

3. Study post graduate with scholarships. (Accomplished)

4. Build a career in a field forbidden to non-Thais. (Accomplished)

1. Own land in my own name. No I didn't do that.

2. Run for political office and win. Not that either.

3. Study post graduate with scholarships. Thought about it but no not I.

4. Build a career in a field forbidden to non-Thais. I tried to be a bar girl but it was a no go.

What did I do?

I made 10 million baht last year. biggrin.png Leave Thailand me? No, no no. cheesy.gif

Edited by lostoday

It's that simple mate.

like you and Jake, worked/lived in a lot of counties over the years, cant think of any I ever regretted going to, however there are few I wouldn't go back to if they ever came up again...laugh.png

Thailand was a good move for me, once I finish the job here am I retiring and staying ?... at the moment No...I planning on going home, is it because Thailand is a bad place ? Certainly not, I am planning on leaving because i want to go home that's all and in a few years this plan change as well, who knows, but if I did go home, would I get on TV every day slagging the place off ?...No

It's that simple mate.

like you and Jake, worked/lived in a lot of counties over the years, cant think of any I ever regretted going to, however there are few I wouldn't go back to if they ever came up again...laugh.png

Thailand was a good move for me, once I finish the job here am I retiring and staying ?... at the moment No...I planning on going home, is it because Thailand is a bad place ? Certainly not, I am planning on leaving because i want to go home that's all and in a few years this plan change as well, who knows, but if I did go home, would I get on TV every day slagging the place off ?...No

My plan as it stands is to say. I've got a 7 and 9 year old. By time time they are grown I'll

Most likely be even more settled than I am

Now.

Plus I am not a fan of Scotland or 90% of Scottish people

It's that simple mate.

I don't remember what the record is but there is one guy who posts slagging off Thailand and he left 17 years ago if my memory is correct. rolleyes.gif

Loser

First. let me say that I too get the "blues" in Thailand from time to time, but I think it is human nature to get the blues from time to time wherever you live.

Only the mentally unstable, who live in a fantasy world, are happy everyday.

The interesting thing that this thread has brought to light for me is the number of people that are members here on TV who do not like Thailand, have given up on life in Thailand and left who can't let go and still come on TV to post their negative opinions of Thailand, Thai people and the expats who enjoy it and still choose to live here.

What is it about Thailand that they can not just leave it behind and forget about it?

If you dislike everything about it so much, isn't it better to just move on and forget it?

Do they hold a grudge since they failed to find a good life here like so many of us have?

Are they still trying to justify their short comings and mistakes by blaming others?

I wonder how much the percentage of Thai bashing post would be reduced if only people who live in Thailand were permitted to be TV members and post their valid opinions here.

When you read these bashing posts, consider that they may be from a loser who has given up on trying to adapt to somewhere other then their "good old home town".

First. let me say that I too get the "blues" in Thailand from time to time, but I think it is human nature to get the blues from time to time wherever you live.

Only the mentally unstable, who live in a fantasy world, are happy everyday.

The interesting thing that this thread has brought to light for me is the number of people that are members here on TV who do not like Thailand, have given up on life in Thailand and left who can't let go and still come on TV to post their negative opinions of Thailand, Thai people and the expats who enjoy it and still choose to live here.

What is it about Thailand that they can not just leave it behind and forget about it?

If you dislike everything about it so much, isn't it better to just move on and forget it?

Do they hold a grudge since they failed to find a good life here like so many of us have?

Are they still trying to justify their short comings and mistakes by blaming others?

I wonder how much the percentage of Thai bashing post would be reduced if only people who live in Thailand were permitted to be TV members and post their valid opinions here.

When you read these bashing posts, consider that they may be from a loser who has given up on trying to adapt to somewhere other then their "good old home town".

If you read the political forum (Thailand news) it is obvious most of the posters have never set foot in Thailand.

Loads of long time 'apologists' seem to be having problems these days.

Weegee, BEVUP, the OP, etc.

I'm thinking the worsening political and economic climate is having serious knock on effects on all Thais and therefore foreigners lives here.

I realized Thailand was a serious shithole after about 6 months here, but all I care about is hookers and mountain biking.

You can keep your head stuck in the sand, but I'm ready to grab my passport and run at a moments notice.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I'm thinking the worsening political and economic climate is having serious knock on effects on all Thais and therefore foreigners lives here.

I realized Thailand was a serious shithole after about 6 months here, but all I care about is hookers and mountain biking.

You can keep your head stuck in the sand, but I'm ready to grab my passport and run at a moments notice.

I've been through 4 coups and 3 wars here. Today is fine except for those without significant experience in South East Asia. I withheld my judgement on Thailand for the first ten years as I realized I was not in the country long enough to really know what was going on.

We have a winner, someone who didnt burn his bridges by going all in, someone who kept his options open.

Same same me and my Thai mrs.

What is it the Thais say, not my family not my ploblem.

Not my country not my ploblem.

Greece is getting more and more attractive these days.

Cant wait for Angela to kick them out of Euro La La Land, must be some deals coming up soon.

I've been through 4 coups and 3 wars here. Today is fine except for those without significant experience in South East Asia. I withheld my judgement on Thailand for the first ten years as I realized I was not in the country long enough to really know what was going on.

Nice to see you, to see you nice.

You really should head down to Rayong, theres at least 5 former members on here used to tell the same stories, you would get on really well with them.

I think anyone who lives here for any significant amount of time, wherever, will get the blues, to the d..ckheads that say Pattaya is not Thailand, yes it is, just a different shade..

Before you live anywhere else you live inside your thoughts, emotions. and self.

What most of the people anywhere near you do or think is not as relevent to your own happyness as what you do and think yourself.

Those who left wherever the hell they are from who werent happy with the barstool they were sitting on there and found another barstool here

will become disenchanted with that barstool and once again blame the location of the barstool. The battlecry "This Place Sucks"

and they will stumble away. Need a life create one by doing the things you thought you wanted to do before you hit puberty. Build a balsawood airplane

or buy the modern version radio controled electric powered. Paint a portrait. A landscape. Go play tennis, lift weights. Learn to play the piano. Take lessons in S.F.T.

Optomists brought that with them will be optimistic. That is their habit. Pessimists group togeather & complain about stuff that is none of their buisnesss while drinking.

We have a winner, someone who didnt burn his bridges by going all in, someone who kept his options open.

Cant wait for Angela to kick them out of Euro La La Land, must be some deals coming up soon.

We're calling someone who lives in a country they think is a shithole because they can't get laid anywhere else a 'winner' now?

I'd have chosen the opposite term myself.

If it was a weekday it would take me about 5 hours to leave Thailand. The test is yet to come. One nice thing is all the data my phone will store. Makes it easy to go.

We're calling someone who lives in a country they think is a shithole because they can't get laid anywhere else a 'winner' now?

I'd have chosen the opposite term myself.

I know nothing about the guy, but at least he has kept his options open, unlike others.

Chalat chai plao.

If it was a weekday it would take me about 5 hours to leave Thailand. The test is yet to come. One nice thing is all the data my phone will store. Makes it easy to go.

Thankfully for the mrs and I Swampy is just up the soi.

Had to take advantage of it last year when things got a bit crazy here in the capital.

May well have to take advantage again if the tales of water shortage in Bkk are to be believed.

The mrs hasnt yet decided on Orchard Rd or Nathan Rd, still nice to have options.

Which one would you recommend?