Thai "Blues"is it normal?

n210mp

Events have moved on a bit since I posted the OP

My thoughts have certainly changed a bit, maybe I am a little more positive about what is happening around me personally and the way that I am affected by the lives of other people who I have come to love and respect.

A few days ago we got a phone call from one of Wans aged Aunts telling us that her Dad is in hospital in KK with a serious problem.

Wan and I are the only younger people left within the close family who are available to help ( We are on the outskirts of pattaya) we were contacted because Wans sister and brother are all in Oz being married to Ozzies.

So dutifully and worried we went off to the small village north of KK to do what we could do.

Wans family are a lovely group of people, Papa ex Bangkok Thai Chinese and Mama an Issan lady, they have never ever took one penny off me in nearly ten years of marriage to Wan and are amongst those I consider to be my closest family and I love them very much, needless to say Wan feels the same way but much more so.

In essence this visit, where we were needed but not asked to go other than by another Aunty was the chance that I could do more with Wans mama and Papa then I did with my own Mam and dad when they were getting old and infirm.

We are at this time taking care of them in the village.

Papa is getting over a very bad infection in his "gout" twisted feet and the emergency was a severe and toxic infection and massive swelling that burst a few days ago causing him to be admitted to hospital for emergency treatment.

Yesterday morning we brought him home on the proviso to the Doctor that we could look after him and change his dressings until He can get about again himself

It was and is typical that He didn't ask for any help.

Anyway back to the topic.

Having the chance to be of some good use this last few days seems to have improved not only my depression but also maybe my self esteem.

I seem to have fallen into a trap living in Pattaya and surrounded by so many similar people as me who are totally self centered and self obsessed.

Papa will soon be back to his old self, I know that from his demeanor when I am changing his dressings and so we will be back to sin city soon but this time I hope that the current or should I say previous thought processes that instigated this thread will no longer stay with me and maybe I will be able to find a niche in pattaya where my presence will help maybe those who need some practical help instead of passing the hours away either on my bike or in front of the TV keyboard.

I hope that I can maintain this positive attitude long enough to find somewhere in Pattaya that I can both help myself and others at the same time.

I always found that work was and is the best therapy, its time to find some.

Very nice for you and glad you've cheered up. However, not all of us have nor need a bunch of Thais to take care of to make us feel good about ourselves.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My thoughts have certainly changed a bit, maybe I am a little more positive about what is happening around me personally and the way that I am affected by the lives of other people who I have come to love and respect.

A few days ago we got a phone call from one of Wans aged Aunts telling us that her Dad is in hospital in KK with a serious problem.

Wan and I are the only younger people left within the close family who are available to help ( We are on the outskirts of pattaya) we were contacted because Wans sister and brother are all in Oz being married to Ozzies.

So dutifully and worried we went off to the small village north of KK to do what we could do.

Wans family are a lovely group of people, Papa ex Bangkok Thai Chinese and Mama an Issan lady, they have never ever took one penny off me in nearly ten years of marriage to Wan and are amongst those I consider to be my closest family and I love them very much, needless to say Wan feels the same way but much more so.

In essence this visit, where we were needed but not asked to go other than by another Aunty was the chance that I could do more with Wans mama and Papa then I did with my own Mam and dad when they were getting old and infirm.

Papa is getting over a very bad infection in his "gout" twisted feet and the emergency was a severe and toxic infection and massive swelling that burst a few days ago causing him to be admitted to hospital for emergency treatment.

Yesterday morning we brought him home on the proviso to the Doctor that we could look after him and change his dressings until He can get about again himself

Having the chance to be of some good use this last few days seems to have improved not only my depression but also maybe my self esteem.

I seem to have fallen into a trap living in Pattaya and surrounded by so many similar people as me who are totally self centered and self obsessed.

Papa will soon be back to his old self, I know that from his demeanor when I am changing his dressings and so we will be back to sin city soon but this time I hope that the current or should I say previous thought processes that instigated this thread will no longer stay with me and maybe I will be able to find a niche in pattaya where my presence will help maybe those who need some practical help instead of passing the hours away either on my bike or in front of the TV keyboard.

I hope that I can maintain this positive attitude long enough to find somewhere in Pattaya that I can both help myself and others at the same time.

Very nice for you and glad you've cheered up. However, not all of us have nor need a bunch of Thais to take care of to make us feel good about ourselves.

Thanks for your imput, however

Your post should really be ignored but always a fool for a challenge I decided to give you a reply

First of all I am not talking about you or indeed "all of us" I am just talking for myself, what turns me on or maybe off!

Secondly you are in need of some tuition on how to use some diplomacy or simple tact within your writings, for instance I was not talking about "a bunch of Thais" I was in fact talking about my family, your comments on "a bunch of Thais" is almost malicious in its intent (No I take that back your comment was and is malicious).

Thirdly race or ethnicity does not come in the equation but then again reading between the lines of your post I think that maybe you need some love and tenderness in your life after maybe a bad experience in Thailand. (could be wrong)

I could go on but I have tempered my post in the knowledge that maybe with your terrible attitude you may well need more help than I do. (yes I know I need help, that's why I post these threads in the first place so that maybe someone out there who is or has had similar experiences to me can help a little)

One thing I dont do is lash out at people, it just doesn't help matters at all and only make the "lasher" seem like a complete knobhead.

Maybe you have and are suffering at this time and if you are then at least have the balls to admit to it.

spit it out and maybe people can help but please dont attempt to take this thread off course with what amounts to a Thai bashing post, it's just not on

Lastly just what does it take than for you to feel good about yourself

Your post above seems to be at odds with your reason for actually replying to my thread, in other words you dont seem to be a happy bunny at all?

Your post should really be ignored but always a fool for a challenge I decided to give you a reply

First of all I am not talking about you or indeed "all of us" I am just talking for myself, what turns me on or maybe off!

Secondly you are in need of some tuition on how to use some diplomacy or simple tact within your writings, for instance I was not talking about "a bunch of Thais" I was in fact talking about my family, your comments on "a bunch of Thais" is almost malicious in its intent (No I take that back your comment was and is malicious).

Thirdly race or ethnicity does not come in the equation but then again reading between the lines of your post I think that maybe you need some love and tenderness in your life after maybe a bad experience in Thailand. (could be wrong)

I could go on but I have tempered my post in the knowledge that maybe with your terrible attitude you may well need more help than I do. (yes I know I need help, that's why I post these threads in the first place so that maybe someone out there who is or has had similar experiences to me can help a little)

One thing I dont do is lash out at people, it just doesn't help matters at all and only make the "lasher" seem like a complete knobhead.

Maybe you have and are suffering at this time and if you are then at least have the balls to admit to it.

spit it out and maybe people can help but please dont attempt to take this thread off course with what amounts to a Thai bashing post, it's just not on

Your post above seems to be at odds with your reason for actually replying to my thread, in other words you dont seem to be a happy bunny at all?

Good for you that you get on with your Thai family, but not all of us are so lucky. In my case they are the major cause of my "Thai blues".

Good for you that you get on with your Thai family, but not all of us are so lucky. In my case they are the major cause of my "Thai blues".

Hang on a bit, surely then you must start a new thread which would be relevant to your posts on this thread but in all fairness my "blues" are nothing to do with any relationship issue apart from maybe my daughter,so why make an irrelevant comment on something which is entirely off the topic ?

Hang on a bit, surely then you must start a new thread which would be relevant to your posts on this thread but in all fairness my "blues" are nothing to do with any relationship issue apart from maybe my daughter,so why make an irrelevant comment on something which is entirely off the topic ?

You complain about me commenting on the "Thai blues" on a thread about the "Thai blues" and say that my "Thai blues" are not the correct sort of "Thai blues".

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

quote deleted to allow posting.

thaibeachlovers

You complain about me commenting on the "Thai blues" on a thread about the "Thai blues" and say that my "Thai blues" are not the correct sort of "Thai blues".

whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif

Yes but my Thai family were not the focus or in any way the main topic, the mention of them was to state that I had changed my demeanor after the

call I got to go to the village and help some family who in fact would have never asked themselves

I reiterate,

the comments you made would soon see this topic degenerating into a Thai bashing scenario, the proof of that is in your own comments where you use the ethnicity of your family to make some point in relation to your own negative experiences, the topic was originally about depression and not just being down or fed up because of family experiences

You are being a little pedantic, not me in turning the topic and its context into something that I as the OP was not commenting on in the first place.

As I said if you have the Thai blues because of family issues then surely its worth you starting a new thread with the context based on your experiences at the hands of your family, Thai or otherwise.

If you read the topic from the beginning you will find that it was related to depression and maybe being in the wrong area and not in any way to the sort of woes that are brought on by possibly marrying into the wrong family

That situation does and can happen anywhere and everywhere in the world and is not necessarily Thai related

Edited by n210mp

It's a public forum. You might start the thread but it doesn't "belong" to you and you have to expect things to come up that you might not agree with. Happens to me all the time. No point stressing about it.

smile.png Have a nice day.

Yes and you too

you make a fair point but I too can also comment if I think that a post is taking the OP off topic?

As Bill Gates once said in his closing remarks addressing a high school graduation class, "Life isn't fair, get used to it."

Bill Gates piggybacked on Jimmy Carter's "Life isn't fair" comments which were made much earlier.

Edited by Gecko123

i think bill gates said life is fair

have a good day now go back to your shit holes

I tend to agree with your sentiment opaired but in all fainess;

Bill Gates speech: 14 rules your kids did not and will not learn in school

62238_159550164059017_466613_n.jpg?oh=fc

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2: The world doesn't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

Rule No. 12: Smoking does not make you look cool. It makes you look moronic. Next time you're out cruising, watch an 11-year-old with a butt in his mouth. That's what you look like to anyone over 20. Ditto for "expressing yourself" with purple hair and/or pierced body parts.

Rule No. 13: You are not immortal. (See Rule No. 12.) If you are under the impression that living fast, dying young and leaving a beautiful corpse is romantic, you obviously haven't seen one of your peers at room temperature lately.

Rule No. 14: Enjoy this while you can. Sure parents are a pain, school's a bother, and life is depressing. But someday you'll realize how wonderful it was to be a kid. Maybe you should start now. You're welcome.

link

https://www.facebook.com/notes/tea-talk-and-gossip/bill-gates-speech-14-rules-your-kids-did-not-and-will-not-learn-in-school/152862328071768

Rule 2: The world doesn't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule No. 12: Smoking does not make you look cool. It makes you look moronic. Next time you're out cruising, watch an 11-year-old with a butt in his mouth. That's what you look like to anyone over 20. Ditto for "expressing yourself" with purple hair and/or pierced body parts.

Rule No. 13: You are not immortal. (See Rule No. 12.) If you are under the impression that living fast, dying young and leaving a beautiful corpse is romantic, you obviously haven't seen one of your peers at room temperature lately.

Rule No. 14: Enjoy this while you can. Sure parents are a pain, school's a bother, and life is depressing. But someday you'll realize how wonderful it was to be a kid. Maybe you should start now. You're welcome.

link

https://www.facebook.com/notes/tea-talk-and-gossip/bill-gates-speech-14-rules-your-kids-did-not-and-will-not-learn-in-school/152862328071768

This list is the work of Charles J. Sykes, author of the 1996 book Dumbing Down Our Kids: Why American Children Feel Good About Themselves But Can't Read, Write, Or Add. (Sykes' list was published in numerous newspapers, although it did not appear in his 1996 book. It did, however, form the meat of Sykes' 2007 book, 50 Rules Kids Won't Learn in School: Real-World Antidotes to Feel-Good Education.) Many versions omit the last three rules:

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/schoolrules.asp#40JDQYsbwutad7me.99

link

This list is the work of Charles J. Sykes, author of the 1996 book Dumbing Down Our Kids: Why American Children Feel Good About Themselves But Can't Read, Write, Or Add. (Sykes' list was published in numerous newspapers, although it did not appear in his 1996 book. It did, however, form the meat of Sykes' 2007 book, 50 Rules Kids Won't Learn in School: Real-World Antidotes to Feel-Good Education.) Many versions omit the last three rules:

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/schoolrules.asp#40JDQYsbwutad7me.99

just show that you cannot believe all that you read on the net eh?

So maybe BG did say but maybe was quoting J Sykes

link

That should be printed out and given to every school pupil every year.

I like rule # 10. In real life women are not all beautiful and just because you smile at a good looking girl in the bar it does not mean that you will get to sleep with her ( except "you know where", if you can afford her ).

Thai drivers need to learn first sentence of rule # 13.

Edited by thaibeachlovers