Visa For Dependant Child - I'm Not Married?

Is the OA 400K visa available to me as I have a Thai daughter with my gf.

How old is your daughter?

We also have a company which is not trading at the moment with the gf having some of the shares, read that if we marry there is a problem with the shareholding being in the same surnames.

It is a problem if the company owns land. As under Thai law, the husband and wife are considered one person.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Is the OA 400K visa available to me as I have a Thai daughter with my gf.

How old is your daughter?

We also have a company which is not trading at the moment with the gf having some of the shares, read that if we marry there is a problem with the shareholding being in the same surnames.

It is a problem if the company owns land. As under Thai law, the husband and wife are considered one person.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi Sunbelt

Daughter 6 months. Company owns land 800 Sq Meters (Deep Thinking about what route on this front) .

I'm 51 so retirement visa is possible (Currently a Director of a company without WP?)

Can you switch to WP type visa at a later stage after a retirement visa?

Cheers

Edited by jflundy

Just a note that OA or O-A is not the class of visa you are interested in. That is only for retirement and only issued in your country of residence.

You sure as I am positive my current visa is called OA 1 year multiple entry. 3 months at a time, the reason given was visiting friends, not retirement, with no money stipulations.

If your visa really says OA is was mis issued. A non immigrant O visa with "M" for number of entries should be what it is called.

Your right Sir.

Passport says NON-IMMIGRANT VISA

Category O

Good For Multiple journey(s)

Must have had OA in my head somewhere sure it had that on the application form.

Take Care

Is the O 400K visa available to me as I have a Thai daughter with my gf.
For an annual extension you may have to prove that you have sole custody of the child. If you have not, you might want to ask Immigration if they would give you the extension just the same.

The alternative is to apply for a multiple-entry non-O visa at a Thai consulate, showing the daughter’s birth certificate, with you stated as the father. I remember that Geoffphuket got it in Penang a couple of weeks ago but had to show his savings book with minimum 400K balance. Difficult to say whether the hullabaloo of the past few days means a change in policy also for this visa, but it should not really.

---------------

Maestro