Nunchaku Legal To Carry in Thailand?

Blackfish64

never looked very hard

Section 371 of the Thai Criminal Code prohibits openly carrying arms to a public place or carrying them to a gathering of people assembled for any purpose. One can be arrested and convicted with a small fine for this, and the weapon confiscated. The word “arms” in section 371 includes all weapons such as hunting knives, clubs, nightsticks, machetes and firearms. It also includes anything not necessarily intended to be used as a weapon, but that can be, such as a golf club or a rolling pin.

http://bigbabykenny.com/weapons-in-thailand-less-bullshit-more-facts/

dear Advanced Member where do you wish to advance to ??? and just for interest why should you think a concealed weapon should be viewed

any differently here than maybe your home country

Maybe he fancies himself as a Thai Ninja...Bruce Somchai anyone.. ?

"§ 371

Any person who goes armed in a town, village or public way openly or without justifiable grounds, or is armed amongst a public gathering for religious purposes, recreatory purposes or any other purposes shall be liable to a fine not exceeding one hundred baht. In this respect, the court shall be empowered to confiscate such weapon."

The above was another good find on the subject.

A fine not exceeding 100 baht and the weapon confiscated is something I can live with. Especially since I make my own flail from bamboo and cord for a few pennies. I'll keep carrying.

I always carry a gun when I'm in America. I think it s amazing they allow concealed guns, but not a concealed stick on a string.

I'm a martial scientist, so I condition and train with all manner of weapons. I always take the flails along on my walks to workout out of doors, where I like it best.

We live in a rural area, too. Brother in law is a big shot in the police department. We know all the cops anyway. No worries here at all. Just curious. Thanks for the tip!

"§ 371

Any person who goes armed in a town, village or public way openly or without justifiable grounds, or is armed amongst a public gathering for religious purposes, recreatory purposes or any other purposes shall be liable to a fine not exceeding one hundred baht. In this respect, the court shall be empowered to confiscate such weapon."

A fine not exceeding 100 baht and the weapon confiscated is something I can live with. Especially since I make my own flail from bamboo and cord for a few pennies. I'll keep carrying.

I always carry a gun when I'm in America. I think it s amazing they allow concealed guns, but not a concealed stick on a string.

I'm a martial scientist, so I condition and train with all manner of weapons. I always take the flails along on my walks to workout out of doors, where I like it best.

We live in a rural area, too. Brother in law is a big shot in the police department. We know all the cops anyway. No worries here at all. Just curious. Thanks for the tip!

What is it like to be so scared of life that you need to carry weapons with you? you obviously live in a different Thailand to me as I really cannot imagine being so scared and paranoid, it must be horrible...

Edited by mark131v

"§ 371

What is it like to be so scared of life that you need to carry weapons with you? you obviously live in a different Thailand to me as I really cannot imagine being so scared and paranoid, it must be horrible...

He asked a legal question. He also stated he practiced out of doors, during walks.

I can't imagine being so judgmental of others, it must be horrible.

He asked a legal question. He also stated he practiced out of doors, during walks.

I can't imagine being so judgmental of others, it must be horrible.

Nah not really I am always critical of westerners who feel the need for concealed guns and weapons as it seems to advertise their paranoia and fear, must be a sad way to live your life but never mind horses for courses and all that....

Edited by mark131v