Thai passport - Por Kor 14 question

Hi I will be applying for my thai born sons thai passport next week. After reading info on the mfa website it says my girlfriend must provide a por kor 14 form which means she has sole guardianship of my son in order to apply for his thai passport, if we are not married?. We will both be present at the passport office. Would they ask for this if we are both present?

Now the problem I have is, I don't want the thai authorties to think she has sole guardianship of our son, when in reality that's not the case, we just aint married, so I don't want to make this document to apply for my sons passport.

Has anybody else made a thai passport for there child but was not married at the time of the application? I was under the impression that all they needed was his birth cert and tabien baan.

Here is the link: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/1415/21479-Requirements-for-the-Ordinary-e-Passports-Applicat.html

Edited by Jay2013

The wording here is a bit confusing.

" If the applicant was born to parents who did not sign a marriage certificate, only the mother of the applicant can sign the parental consent form. She will need to bring a letter guaranteeing sole guardianship issued by her domicile district office (Por Kor 14) accompanied by her ID Card which must bear the title ‘Miss’."

It appears to me she can sign a parental consent form and the father can then apply for the passport.

Download of the parental consent form is here: http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/files/services-20120630-195748-510034.pdf

If you are named on the birth certificate and both are present, there should be no need for the proof of sole parental rights.

Regardless of that, currently you do not have any parental rights till you legitimise the child, as per link provided by Paz.

• 3 months later...

If you are named on the birth certificate and both are present, there should be no need for the proof of sole parental rights.

Regardless of that, currently you do not have any parental rights till you legitimise the child, as per link provided by Paz.

I am trying to get the Thai passport for my daughter.

My gf and I are not married but we live together with our daughter. However, I did not legitimise the paternity. Just my name on my daughter's birth certificate as father as well as her house book.

The question is do I need Por Kor 14 to apply for my daughter's passport? If so, can my gf get it from the district office where my daughter is registered at birth or must it be at the district office where her house book is registered?

Anybody in the same situation as me with successful report on getting the Thai passport for your child without Por Kor 14?

Edited by mfred009

This from the MFA webpage for Thai passports. http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/1415/21479-Requirements-for-the-Ordinary-e-Passports-Applicat.html

• If the applicant was born to parents who did not sign a marriage certificate, only the mother of the applicant can sign the parental consent form. She will need to bring a letter guaranteeing sole guardianship issued by her domicile district office (Por Kor 14) accompanied by her ID Card which must bear the title ‘Miss’.
  • If the applicant was born to parents who did not sign a marriage certificate, the father of the applicant cannot sign the parental consent form alone unless there is a court order
    granting sole guardianship to the father.