How To Get Ready For "first Date"?

Espada

No offence, just comment.

Just that people in my circle of gay friends (around my age, 26-29, Thai) found the guys who abide by no-sex-on-the-first-date rule a bit annoying. It's totally fine if he's a really emotional kind of guy that need to know someone better before getting intimate. But if he came onto you all the evening and in the end, said that let's do it the day after at his place just because he has a rule not to have sex with someone on the first date. And believe me, those people do exist. Either they read and abided by a must-not on the first date or probably they forgot to 'prepare' for the late evening.

Anyway, it's usually ended up with my friend called some of us, ranted it out but went meet the guy the day after anyway. So, I guess it's not that bad. But I think it would be better not to wait half a day because if sex part doesn't turn out well, it would really be a big disappointment. The kind that he would let every one knows and even put it in a blog if he has one. If it's good, it's just good. I've never heard them say, 'it worths waiting for' before. The fact is the guy left him hanging, so it 'has to' be good. I don't think patience is our virtue.

As said in the beginning, just a comment. I'm sure people in the other age range would find it differently. But I believe it's more about attitude than age. You know your date and you know what you want, so you'll know what to do in the end. If you don't know it, don't do it.

However, my first week in Nicaragua at age 56, when I got to dance to an Elvis Presley tune at the disco (wearing Texas cowboy boots and leather trousers), with a gorgeous male dancer named DiCaprio (no kidding), I said, "My grandmother told me about this song."

Great presence of mind, PB!

jr: AAAAAA!!! u are a lemony snicket fan too? btw i have a vfd eye tattoo on my left ankle. im really a fan of kiddie fiction. read harry potter before he became popular, just finished artemis fowl book 5, its better than opal deception btw, and yes, i have beatrice letters. it answers a few questions, but leaves a lot more answers still left to be uncovered. but it. u can always order via amazon, btw. try to read the spook books by joseph delaney btw, he's good.

well, i tend to have first date sex....who cares, to ###### or not to ######? go with the flow. chill.....:o

:D First date, I presume it is a first date with one particular person, not your 'very first date' :o the only advice I would proffer is....just be yourself, and of course, go with the flow...a bit of what ya see is what ya get, as it were!

No sex on first dates? You guys are sooo prudish! How do you deal with the disappointment of dating someone for a couple of months, only to find out the moment you rip off his shirt that he is also an adamant top? Think of all the wasted drinks, dinners and Gold Class seats to Miami Vice?

I rather get it over and done with. Rather know exactly who I'm getting into.

No sex on first dates? You guys are sooo prudish! How do you deal with the disappointment of dating someone for a couple of months, only to find out the moment you rip off his shirt that he is also an adamant top? Think of all the wasted drinks, dinners and Gold Class seats to Miami Vice?

I rather get it over and done with. Rather know exactly who I'm getting into.

that is why you become versatile, duh! i hate to restrict myself i only one role. so i flip flop with much ease! some of the best sex ive had are with those guys who do both...

No offence, just comment.

Just that people in my circle of gay friends (around my age, 26-29, Thai) found the guys who abide by no-sex-on-the-first-date rule a bit annoying. It's totally fine if he's a really emotional kind of guy that need to know someone better before getting intimate. But if he came onto you all the evening and in the end, said that let's do it the day after at his place just because he has a rule not to have sex with someone on the first date. And believe me, those people do exist. Either they read and abided by a must-not on the first date or probably they forgot to 'prepare' for the late evening.

Anyway, it's usually ended up with my friend called some of us, ranted it out but went meet the guy the day after anyway. So, I guess it's not that bad. But I think it would be better not to wait half a day because if sex part doesn't turn out well, it would really be a big disappointment. The kind that he would let every one knows and even put it in a blog if he has one. If it's good, it's just good. I've never heard them say, 'it worths waiting for' before. The fact is the guy left him hanging, so it 'has to' be good. I don't think patience is our virtue.

As said in the beginning, just a comment. I'm sure people in the other age range would find it differently. But I believe it's more about attitude than age. You know your date and you know what you want, so you'll know what to do in the end. If you don't know it, don't do it.

For some guys sex is just sanook (fun), for others it is part of the picture in their head of courtship-sex-relationship-happily-ever-after. For me it can be either or both.

I remember one date who met me when I was a tourist at my hotel and after dinner, good talk, came to bed FULLY CLOTHED! He was not ready for sex on the first date but wanted to spend the night with me. I accepted that, and we are happily married now three years later! (Yes the clothes did eventually end up on the floor.)