Bloomberg article on Thailand

Very interesting article on Bloomberg website today, not sure if links are allowed?

Talks about the size of the "grey economy" in Thailand.

Think the "government" might be a bit upset by it, how dare those pesky news agencies show Thailand in a bad light.

Google it, bit of an eye opener.

Yes that's the one, plenty of reference to non taxed income if the term "grey" was not clear. Wasn't sure if the link would be allowed.

Doesn't paint a very rosy picture, no surprise to those living here but not sure the rest of the world should be knowing as well!!

Yes that's the one, plenty of reference to non taxed income if the term "grey" was not clear. Wasn't sure if the link would be allowed.

Doesn't paint a very rosy picture, no surprise to those living here but not sure the rest of the world should be knowing as well!!

Amazing Thailand. I amazed that anyone would get paid for an article as obvious as that. I've read a many more posts on Thai Visa that were better written and more insightful on the hookers and cop show in Thailand,

Amazing Thailand. I amazed that anyone would get paid for an article as obvious as that. I've read a many more posts on Thai Visa that were better written and more insightful on the hookers and cop show in Thailand,

Yeah but TV is not read by quite as many people as Bloomberg. Most TV readers would have some idea what the score is here, whereas BMG readers might find it an eye opener.

Slightly different view than the drivel we see in the press here, that is my point.

All countries have a grey/black economy. Even in europe where there are high fines and government is actively searching .

Why is this news ? So Thailand has a bigger sex-industry , where no hooker is going to report an income , or an income bigger than 120.000/year. You think that is different than say the Philipines ? India with over a billion people , will have an even bigger grey/black/shadow (whatever you want to call it) economy.

Man ,Thailand is sure taking the hits these days . From every corner and from under every rock , everybody has some sh-- to say.