Thai Passport for son

Steveyf

Hi all

I am wondering of someone can give me some advice and maybe clear something up for me

Currently i am trying to get my son his Thai passport. The problem is i am not in the country to be there and currently working on visa for his mum to come visit for Christmas. My issue is that he does not have his uk passport and i have not applied for one yet due to complication of trying to explain the process to his mom.

Anyway she is telling me that the Thai passport office told her that i need to write a letter to my Embassy ? (i can only assume british embassy in Thailand) who will then take my details and pass it onto the Ministry of foreign affairs. I have no idea or even have any remote idea of where she has got this from as to me on the Ministry's website it clearly shows that if one parent can not come then a letter is needed.

So can anyone give me up to date recent information please as she is really bugging me with it..

Thanks

Steve

To help you understand what is required for your son to get a passport this info may help. http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/1415/21479-Requirements-for-the-Ordinary-e-Passports-Applicat.html

What is needed is a letter of parental consent. You would need to do it and have it notarized by the Thai embassy in London or perhaps one of the consulates.

Letter in Thai is here: http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/files/services-20120630-195748-510034.pdf

thanks for that.

Working in Romania at the moment but Thai embassy here so i can assume that no matter the embassy so long as it is notarized. Any chance of the heading in English so i can get it filled in.

Thanks

Steve