Cambodia Sex Ed Classes To Expand Nationwide

geovalin

News by Khmer Times/Donald Lee and Va Sonyka

PHNOM PENH (Khmer Times) – Sex education will be included in school curriculum nationwide next year, following the success of its introduction in schools in nine provinces, according to the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).

The UN agency helped development of the curriculum – a book for primary school students and another for high school students – with the Education Ministry and the Reproductive Health Association of Cambodia.

Its country representative, Marc Derveeuw, said feedback from the schools where the books have been used has been positive. Parents and teachers alike welcomed the move.

read more: http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/12842/sex-ed-classes-to-expand-nationwide/

Good for them. I somewhat recall some national test here a few years ago had question "You are feeling need to have sex" and correct answer was something like "Go play some basketball". Thais hate confrontation and dealing with hard subjects, but ignorance is not bliss and this issue won't go away. Provide some real education in this area, if no others.....

Good for them. I somewhat recall some national test here a few years ago had question "You are feeling need to have sex" and correct answer was something like "Go play some basketball". Thais hate confrontation and dealing with hard subjects, but ignorance is not bliss and this issue won't go away. Provide some real education in this area, if no others.....

The correct choice from a list was "Go play football". The exact wording of the question is not of my recall, but along the lines of "What should you do when you get "urges"?"

Col Somchai, Chairman of the Committee that stipulated the question, along with 15 million Thai youths have since taken up support for Buriram Football Club!!! NOT!

The other 5 million Thai youths have just carried on as "normal"

tongue.pngbeatdeadhorse.gifsorry.gif

Cambodia has not done this on its own. The Country has received enormous assistance from the United Nations since the ending of the Pol Pot regime. Certainly, without the U.N and numerous NGOs assistance the Country would not have survived in a Sea of Corruption and injustice which still exists at Government level.

Thaksin once said "the U.N is not my Mother". The reality is that these Countries need a Mother like this. From clean toilets and sanitation to sex education Cambodia is climbing hills Thailand has dragged its feet on.