Trafficking charges levied after underage girls found in Soi LK Metro go-go bar

Rimmer

Trafficking charges levied after underage girls found in Soi LK Metro go-go bar

n8ago-go.jpg

PATTAYA:--A Pattaya staff manager was arrested on human-trafficking charges after police raided a Soi LK Metro go-go bar and found three underage girls dancing semi-nude on stage.

Chonburi Immigration Police stormed the Amethyst Club June 24, finding a cache of foreign customers snuggled with women amid loud Russian music and scantily clad dancers on stage. All the customers were ordered to leave and police checked the remaining staff.

Officers discovered two of the dancers were 15 years old and another was 16. Initially considered victims of human trafficking, the trio was placed under the care of the Chonburi Children and Family Home.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/trafficking-charges-levied-after-underage-girls-found-in-soi-lk-metro-go-go-bar-48554#sthash.FZ8DOYde.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-07-03 footer_n.gif

Fairs fair ... if they are leveling trafficking charges against the managers of the club, they should also level trafficking charges against the PARENTS of those underage girls, who I'm sure are the ones that didn't object to them doing what they do because it's very good money.

underage girls working in those bars, well these are for thai customers only ... only they are old & abused enough farangs can have a go at them

There's a thought....Thais who enjoy Russian music?

It's infuriating to see the word trafficking used this way.

"...Human trafficking is the trade of humans, most commonly for the purpose of sexual slavery, forced labor or commercial sexual exploitation for the trafficker or others..."

The key word here is FORCED and I am sure none of these girls were forced. The managers are guilty of hiring underage girls PERIOD. This misuse of the word Trafficking is brought about by all the puritan, liberal do-gooders who hate prostitution. They'd love to see it put in the same class as trafficking.

In Angeles city, the Philippines, if they catch under age girls in a bar, the bar is padlocked for good,

the proprietors and the mama san are thrown to jail years of jail time.. and they're as crook as

they come, but still, when it come to under age girls, there's no nonsense there, yet, in Thailand

they don't value their young ones as worth saving and with light punishments, the offending bars

can and will continue to do the same.... Money talks, young lives walks....

underage girls working in those bars, well these are for thai customers only ... only they are old & abused enough farangs can have a go at them

I would wager that the percentage between Thai and foreign customers in Soi LK Metro would be pretty big.

As bad as it is having underage girls on any premises involved with the sex trade, if your experience shows that a 15 or 16 year old has been abused enough before appearing in Pattaya, it may be an idea to seek your entertainment some place else.

In Angeles city, the Philippines, if they catch under age girls in a bar, the bar is padlocked for good,

the proprietors and the mama san are thrown to jail years of jail time.. and they're as crook as

they come, but still, when it come to under age girls, there's no nonsense there, yet, in Thailand

they don't value their young ones as worth saving and with light punishments, the offending bars

Don't think you know much about the Philippines mate.

plenty goes on there.

I would wager that the percentage between Thai and foreign customers in Soi LK Metro would be pretty big.

As bad as it is having underage girls on any premises involved with the sex trade, if your experience shows that a 15 or 16 year old has been abused enough before appearing in Pattaya, it may be an idea to seek your entertainment some place else.

Agreed, I wouldn't use a bar where the staff appear to be underage (I can think of at least one in the Soi Cowboy area, how do I know, because someone who goes there is always very vocal about how "young" the girls look!).

There are lots of farang guys here looking for underage girls (or at least ones who appear iunderage), far more than some people imagine/realise.

I also are heavily against the term human trafficking in cases like this if it cannot be proven that they are being held/detained against their will or have been forcibly introduced into the scene.

That said, IMHO, any manager or owner who willingly employs minors into the sex scene, or any customer who engages in sexual acts with said minors deserves punishment to the limits of the law.

That is after the laws have been amended to punish and not just slap wrists.

Fairs fair ... if they are leveling trafficking charges against the managers of the club, they should also level trafficking charges against the PARENTS of those underage girls, who I'm sure are the ones that didn't object to them doing what they do because it's very good money.

I had a gf from a village near Sa Keo, and I witnessed another girl from the village forced into prostitution by her parents. Her family told her "Go to Pattaya, work at bar, send money home or leave the family!" I was there the first night she reported to the now defunct "TG Bar" on Soi 6 and will never forget the look of terror on her face. While she wasn't underage, she was still obviously SO not wanting to do this. Shameful culture.

I had a gf from a village near Sa Keo, and I witnessed another girl from the village forced into prostitution by her parents. Her family told her "Go to Pattaya, work at bar, send money home or leave the family!" I was there the first night she reported to the now defunct "TG Bar" on Soi 6 and will never forget the look of terror on her face. While she wasn't underage, she was still obviously SO not wanting to do this. Shameful culture.

I believe it goes on, but don't believe you.

No way would a Thai family say stuff like that in front of a an outsider.

You also must have be flaunt in Thai to understand what was said.

And what was you doing on the first night she was working,

you her first customer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or is just some Bs fed to you buy a Bg coffee1.gif

Not totally true.

In AC many bars have been raided and once they paid the kick back fines reopened. In the case of some Korean bars the next night they have been back to business as usual.

They also like to use the term trafficking as it then opens the way to apply for cash from a fund set up by Hilary Clinton to stop human trafficking. Arrests for under age girls don't bring in the same cash.

You are assuming of course that these young working girls actually have parents !!!

the usual scenario is older sister/older friend goes to work the bars,

returns home after a year wearing nice clothes, a bit of gold with gifts and stories of how much fun she has, eating good food, staying in fancy hotels and making money

little sis says < "can i go back with you" she than "helps" younger sister fit in .

what quandow said, i don't buy one word of it

although most parents "might know" what their daughter is doing , no daughter would come out and admit she works in a bar.

"They also like to use the term trafficking as it then opens the way to apply for cash from a fund set up by Hilary Clinton to stop human trafficking. Arrests for under age girls don't bring in the same cash. "

The RP government changed the definition of Human Trafficking so that virtually any interaction in a bar fits the bill. It doesn't matter if she is paid a salary,,wants to work there, wants to go with the customer, it is still human trafficking by their definition. Google the legislation, which has been posted on a couple of Philippine forums, quite scary. As you say, all about getting more money from the US.

"They also like to use the term trafficking as it then opens the way to apply for cash from a fund set up by Hilary Clinton to stop human trafficking. Arrests for under age girls don't bring in the same cash. "

The RP government changed the definition of Human Trafficking so that virtually any interaction in a bar fits the bill. It doesn't matter if she is paid a salary,,wants to work there, wants to go with the customer, it is still human trafficking by their definition. Google the legislation, which has been posted on a couple of Philippine forums, quite scary. As you say, all about getting more money from the US.

and getting the word trafficking into news reports much more often since Thailand was criticised by the international community for its lack of progress.

Appearance over substance every time.

How did she do after 2 weeks on the job?

"...Human trafficking is the trade of humans, most commonly for the purpose of sexual slavery, forced labor or commercial sexual exploitation for the trafficker or others..."

The key word here is FORCED and I am sure none of these girls were forced. The managers are guilty of hiring underage girls PERIOD. This misuse of the word Trafficking is brought about by all the puritan, liberal do-gooders who hate prostitution. They'd love to see it put in the same class as trafficking.

UN definition

What is Human Trafficking?

Article 3, paragraph (a) of the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons defines Trafficking in Persons as the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons, by means of the threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerability or of the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent of a person having control over another person, for the purpose of exploitation. Exploitation shall include, at a minimum, the exploitation of the prostitution of others or other forms of sexual exploitation, forced labour or services, slavery or practices similar to slavery, servitude or the removal of organs

I doubt these girls woke up one morning and thought to themselves..."oh I will go to Pattaya today and sell my body to any farang who wants me"

And many of these do gooders should start looking closer to home, legalise it, tax it, monitor it, then the results will be different

I believe it goes on, but don't believe you.

No way would a Thai family say stuff like that in front of a an outsider.

You also must have be flaunt in Thai to understand what was said.

And what was you doing on the first night she was working,

you her first customer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or is just some Bs fed to you buy a Bg coffee1.gif

Buddy, you got issues!

Don't think you know much about the Philippines mate.

plenty goes on there.

Never said I know it all when it come to the PH, but as someone who went there on a regular

basis in the early 70' and was well versed in the girly scenes, I know what's going on in AC

as I saw it in my own eyes, yet, there're many places in the PH that are as bad as in TH,

but at least the cops there are very serious unlike here....

The club in the report and the area mentioned are hardly Thai entertainment zones.

the usual scenario is older sister/older friend goes to work the bars,

returns home after a year wearing nice clothes, a bit of gold with gifts and stories of how much fun she has, eating good food, staying in fancy hotels and making money

little sis says < "can i go back with you" she than "helps" younger sister fit in .

what quandow said, i don't buy one word of it

although most parents "might know" what their daughter is doing , no daughter would come out and admit she works in a bar.

Have to disagree with you somewhat on that last sentence. I know a girl working in Soi Cowboy. She is 30 now, but has been working for years. Not only does her family know she is working, but encourage her to work harder so she can send more money home. I like this girl a lot, but absolutely dispise the family.

I do not understand how parents can allow their daughter to work in the sex industry and even encourage it, just so they have spending money. Shameful.

Tragic for the young women. Vicious cycle. Since my time living in Thailand, I have witnessed many experienced (older) mothers who have teenage daughters. The mother is no longer able (eye candy?) to work at the lucrative establishments, therefor the stories told by the mother entices the daughter. I know of one case where three farang supported a mother of four from abroad. Oddly enough, this support was still 'not enough' for the lifestyle they became accustomed to. One night the eldest daughter (15) asked my wife and I to buy her a drink in one establishment. Needless to say, I was shocked to see it and have since stopped any dealings with the mother (previously, my wife and I would entertain friends at our home). Sad, very sad indeed.

The cops should have waited a bit longer, followed a nonce to his room, then sent him jail for 25 years. When there are 15-16 year old kids working in a bar/go go bar,words get round, these foreign scumbags will visit like bees to honey, hate these filthy pedos