Abhisit backs limited amnesty proposal

Lite Beer

One of the few Thai politicians with a functional brain, hats off to him for this idea. Why no condemnation of the student arrests by the Phua Thai "Politicians"? Have they not received any money from the Shinawatras the last couple of months or what happened?

There has been much condemnation from PTP people, you're just another but but but Thaksin type. Non so blind as those with yellow coloured spectacles.

Sorry to inform you but I am neither a yellow or redshirt supporter, but I wish for the sake of my Thai kids future that this country will be governed by intelligent and non corrupt politicians, sadly not many of them around.

No such thing as a neutral. Especially not for political junkies.

"......and non corrupt politicians, sadly not many of them around"

That quote proves my point.

Many times I see someone Indicating they are neither "yellow or Red Shirt" supporters (neither anti-democrat or pro-democracy), and then proceed to show otherwise.........As in this case, reiterating the anti-democrat, anti-politician ideology.

Those who proclaim neutrality think it gives their opinion extra weight. Others do this unwittingly, confusing Farang non-participation in the Political scene here, as equating neutrality. Their opinions however, show otherwise.

Edited by Bannum opinions

What's with this amnesty racket in this country? every now and than, a has been or a wannabe

pops up with this self serving, ass covering 'amnesty' ideas....

how will any future bad people will learn to respect the law

if there will always be amnesties and let's forgive and forget concessions absolving riot and chaos

mongers from paying for their crimes?

And the amnesties given to the coup makers I suppose isn't in your rant? or was that who you meant in your opening paragraph? ;)

Yes, how will the Military ever learn to respect the law, when they, and they alone are miles above it??

When you have a guy that went to an English university with the output being a proficiency in the English language compared to a girl that went to an English university and the output being that she cannot speak a word of English I have ALOT of faith in reform...

Always good to hear from the Right Honourable Abhisit.

What's your point? Abhisit was born in the UK and is a native English language speaker. Yingluck was born in Thailand and attended graduate school in the USA. Did you obtain a graduate diploma from a Thai university and are you fluent in Thai?

Why are you using the term Right Honourable? You have been told previously that the term is inappropriate and offensive to Thais. Why do you persist? Are you completely ignorant of Thailand or intent on being rude or both? The term is reserved for a small number of British Commonwealth countries particularly those who have had an extensive period of British colonial rule. Thailand takes great pride in not having been a colony. When you use a colonial term you insult Thailand and I believe are guilty of a criminal offense. It is illegal in Thailand to use a title that is not lawfully obtained. Abhisit never served in a capacity as a member of the Queen of England's privy council, nor in a position in New Zealand, Canada, Australia or some former English crown colonies where it is granted.

STOP USING AN INAPPROPRIATE TERM.

One of the few Thai politicians with a functional brain, hats off to him for this idea. Why no condemnation of the student arrests by the Phua Thai "Politicians"? Have they not received any money from the Shinawatras the last couple of months or what happened?

Why lie? Seriously, if you support the current military administration and the suspension of civil rights, just say so.

Your making of the false claim that the PTP politicians have remained silent and then your making the malicious and unfounded allegation that they have to be paid off by the Shinawatra family to speak out is both wrong and offensive. The PTP leadership and local leadership have spoken out. Unfortunately, everytime they do they are arrested, or ordered to report for "adjustment". Their livelihoods and families are threatened. Don't tell me that you are unaware of what is going on.

I used the term LIE because as recently as July 1 we were given an example of what happens when someone speaks out. Do you remember this? It was right in TVF.

Posted 2015-07-01 12:20:24

Pheu Thai core leader reporting to the military

BANGKOK, 1 July 2015 (NNT)-The former Commerce Minister and core leader of Pheu Thai Party has reported to the 1st Army Area, after expressing his view on the recent political movement by college students who call themselves Dao Din Group.

Ex Commerce Minister Wattana Muangsook has been asked by the Army to report to the military for attitude adjustment after having criticized the military’s attempt at keeping peace following the recent arrest of 14 university students.

Mr. Wattana greeted the media briefly, who were waiting for his arrival at King Rama the 5th Equestrian Statue, as they were not allowed to enter the area in front of the 1st Army Area.

Now, I have a question for you. Will you retract your statement? Or, will we see another example of the usual make a false claim and then when caught , run away and pretend that you were not caught in a lie?

This is why cannot have respect for the core group of negative nobodies. They cannot put together a coherent argument and they cannot make a post without basing it on a false claim.

Edited by geriatrickid

There has been much condemnation from PTP people, you're just another but but but Thaksin type. Non so blind as those with yellow coloured spectacles.

Sorry to inform you but I am neither a yellow or redshirt supporter, but I wish for the sake of my Thai kids future that this country will be governed by intelligent and non corrupt politicians, sadly not many of them around.

Many times I see someone Indicating they are neither "yellow or Red Shirt" supporters (neither anti-democrat or pro-democracy), and then proceed to show otherwise.........As in this case, reiterating the anti-democrat, anti-politician ideology.

Those who proclaim neutrality think it gives their opinion extra weight. Others do this unwittingly, confusing Farang non-participation in the Political scene here, as equating neutrality. Their opinions however, show otherwise.

You must see the world only in black and white light if you believe people can not be neutral. Been here over 30 year now and I have given up most hope about a non-corrupt government, most Thai politicians are self serving corrupt lazy liars, I think the country would be better of by having a 100% female government, they seem to be a different kind of breed compared to most Thai males.

yes he is smarter than any other, but as PM he was very weak

If given a second chance to run the country without people like Suthep involved I am sure he could become a very good PM.

Suthep and his cronies have all been promised appointed positions in the upcoming un-elected government...

Oddly enough it really makes no difference if farang posters on here as the Thai people take NO NOTICE of what farangs say on a farang forum. Quite simply unless any of the posters here are Thai citizens and have the chance to vote whatever is posted on the forum will be ignored by the Thai people and probably laughed assuming any Thais can be bothered to look.

It make NO difference to Thailand what your point, my point or any other non Thai posters point is because it is a Thai problem to work out themselves in their own way, and they will.

Whether you, I or anybody else like the end result in doesn't really matter. to Thailand and the Thai poeple.

yes he is smarter than any other, but as PM he was very weak

If given a second chance to run the country without people like Suthep involved I am sure he could become a very good PM.

Suthep and his cronies have all been promised appointed positions in the upcoming un-elected government...

Of course you can prove what you have said here and now otherwise what you have said is merely an unsubstantiated rumour and totally meaningless.

Oddly enough it really makes no difference if farang posters on here as the Thai people take NO NOTICE of what farangs say on a farang forum. Quite simply unless any of the posters here are Thai citizens and have the chance to vote whatever is posted on the forum will be ignored by the Thai people and probably laughed assuming any Thais can be bothered to look.

It make NO difference to Thailand what your point, my point or any other non Thai posters point is because it is a Thai problem to work out themselves in their own way, and they will.

Whether you, I or anybody else like the end result in doesn't really matter. to Thailand and the Thai poeple.

some of us have wives and kids that are thai and will vote in the next election that our opinions do matter to. Some of us also have thai friends and neighbors that ask us our opinion on political matters. So it may not matter to all of the thai people but our opinion does matter to some of the thai people.

I see a real surge of articles quoting AV all of a sudden, and incorporating his views.

Wot I think is happening, is that the anti-democrats now feel they have 'reformed' things to such a degree, and systemically altered the electoral process enough, that AV's elect-ability has been given a boost.

And they see him as someone to carry their torch going forward. I think orders have been issued to the media to feature this guy.

Trotting out AV repeatedly all-of-a-sudden, is strategy under the guise of issue focus.

This tried-and-true method was also exhibited through their Lumpini PDRC, whose real objectives were disguised by their indignant, self-righteous bombast about this issue or that.

Edited by Bannum opinions

I see a real surge of articles quoting AV all of a sudden, and incorporating his views.

Wot I think is happening, is that the anti-democrats now feel they have 'reformed' things to such a degree, and systemically altered the electoral process enough, that AV's elect-ability has been given a boost.

And they see him as someone to carry their torch going forward. I think orders have been issued to the media to feature this guy.

Trotting out AV repeatedly all-of-a-sudden, is strategy under the guise of issue focus.

This tried-and-true method was also exhibited through their Lumpini PDRC, whose real objectives were disguised by their indignant, self-righteous bombast about this issue or that.

Absolutely! I also saw that, all two of them. Must be a conspiracy for sure.

BTW I really like your style with all indignant, self-righteous bombast and words I first have to check in the OCD for their precise meaning.

Edited by rubl

Absolutely! I also saw that, all two of them. Must be a conspiracy for sure.

BTW I really like your style with all indignant, self-righteous bombast and words I first have to check in the OCD for their precise meaning.

................."indignant, self-righteous bombast"...........................

fab4 opinions ??? whistling.gif