Push bike repairs close to Kad Suan Kaew Central

elgordo38

I posted this topic sometime ago and now my brakes on my and my g/f's bike are in need of repair and well they are vital. I received only 2 replies and one was a long list of "Bike" repair shops. On calling some of them they either are big motorbike shops or have "quit" doing push bike repairs. I have run into some hole in the wall repair shops over time but they seem to open and close on a weekly basis. Sooo anything new or updated or suggestions. I would prefer a hole in the wall shop as they seem not to charge Gringo (Farang) prices. Close to Kad Suan Kaew would be a bonus for this 77 year old aging body but I still do bike. Also getting the name of a place that sells bike parts especially brakes would help as my best to date bike mechanic says he cannot find the parts (I think he is BSing me) I know there are some really smart TV members especially on electronics. For those keyboard warriors(Ye gads sometimes I think I am becoming one trying to stop) I already know the drill. At 77 your to old to be riding a bicycle its to dangerous blah blah blah. I have heard them all but if you care to repeat them have at it.

Edited by elgordo38

Probably best to head up to Velocity, which is between Nim junction and Canal rd on the left. For a smaller place, I always liked Chaitawat in the old town, southeast ish though may have to wait longer. Do a quick search for either for numbers. Wouldn't bother being reamed or patronised by Jackie.

Oh, and don't listen to the dolts, 77 is nowt for a cyclist. ;)

I use this shop on Thipanet road, https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.777675,98.981035,3a,75y,264.39h,88.7t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_2ijHfM2a13gABQi60Y4wQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-GB

South of "old city". Speaks decent English. His father also has a bike shop just to west of Chiang Mai gate, on inside of moat. Also recommended by others.

Edited by MESmith

Top Gear has been sold and has moved a few doors down and renamed Moogs or something like that. Stuart, from Canada and his lovely Thai wife run the place and I highly recommend it.

I've heard that TCA is now only an importer/wholesaler but that might depend on the day.

Top Gear has been sold and has moved a few doors down and renamed Moogs or something like that. Stuart, from Canada and his lovely Thai wife run the place and I highly recommend it.

I've heard that TCA is now only an importer/wholesaler but that might depend on the day.

"Mong" bikes