Like us on facebook

Anthony5

Yes I agree. Totally disables my screen until I click the X. I won't have a facebook or twitter account because I don't want to like anyone, anywhere, ever, LOL.

There's another smaller one popping up, lower left.

We were told not long ago that this site doesn't use popups so I made it an exception in my terrorist killers...

This is going off about every five minutes or so. I couldn't type that last post without getting locked by the popup. It turns my whole screen blue too.

Has turned my screen in all possible colors already, but I feel it will disappear soon, when I log out and log in with another Thai forum.

post-222439-0-58647000-1436017680_thumb.

Yes I agree. Totally disables my screen until I click the X. I won't have a facebook or twitter account because I don't want to like anyone, anywhere, ever, LOL.

There's another smaller one popping up, lower left.

We were told not long ago that this site doesn't use popups so I made it an exception in my terrorist killers...

"I don't want to like anyone,...."

...got a big smile from me on a Sunday morning.

This is so irritating I am seriously considering to like Thai Visa, just to get rid of this BS.

But on the other hand I don't want to do that, plus I'm wondering whether that would solve the issue.

This is so irritating I am seriously considering to like Thai Visa, just to get rid of this BS.

But on the other hand I don't want to do that, plus I'm wondering whether that would solve the issue.

Yeah like it, and next you get spammed on your facebookpage, as will probably all your facebook friends.

I am a child and I like to be liked. Like me please. What utter foolishness. What child's play. Facebook can be so silly. I am so proud of the fact that I hardly ever post on Facebook. Great quote I heard in a movie lately:

What are you most afraid of:

That because the last thing in the world I want to do is tweet or update my Facebook status, the soul of youth will vomit me into the cesspool of the old and the worthless.

Edited by spidermike007

You know I rarely log on to this forum anymore & a large reason why is things like this topic about begging for likes on FaceBook....

You can look back to when I changed the title by my name to tired of pop-ups & downs...That is about when I stopped coming as often

Now I come back just to check on some info about a new Immigration building in ChiangMai & I get this panhandling of FB likes???

Come on TV you use to be something useful.

Edited by mania

This is a short term campaign and will stop in a week or so. Note below:

"If users have cookies blocked or cookies after session deleted, they will get the interstitial every page view. A normal browser will only show the campaign ONCE."

I've only seen it one time since it started and have not seen it since clicking on the X the first day.

So a little patience while the campaign completes and note the cookie issue above.

This is a short term campaign and will stop in a week or so. Note below:

"If users have cookies blocked or cookies after session deleted, they will get the interstitial every page view. A normal browser will only show the campaign ONCE."

I've only seen it one time since it started and have not seen it since clicking on the X the first day.

So a little patience while the campaign completes and note the cookie issue above.

I don't have cookies blocked nor deleted after session, and got the pop up about every 10 minutes with sometimes about every minute, until I applied my own solution.

I never liked Zuckerman or his FB empire. It's soooooo overvalued, for one reason. Maybe these annoying 'like' page interruptions will be the straw that breaks FB's back. People are trend-oriented, and FB could be yet another trend - like AOL or Infoseek or Lycos or .........

I have only seen the "Like" pop up once since it started so you lot must be doing something to encourage it. The cookie issue looks favourite.thumbsup.gif

When I bellyache about MSG, others who don't feel ill-effects, tell me (usually online) 'what's your problem. I don't have that problem, so why are you complaining?' Anyhow, I don't want to go in and fiddle with my cookies or anything else. I shouldn't be harassed by loud noise at Thai malls, and I shouldn't be hassled by FB's pop-ups. I must have been born in the wrong century.

Edited by boomerangutang

I have only seen the "Like" pop up once since it started so you lot must be doing something to encourage it.

The cookie issue looks favourite.thumbsup.gif

So I have to allow cookies, of which Microsoft says:

Websites use cookies to offer a personalized experience to users and to gather information about website use. Many websites also use cookies to store information that provides a consistent experience between sections of the site, such as a shopping cart or customized pages. With a trusted website, cookies can enrich your experience by allowing the site to learn your preferences or allowing you to skip having to sign in every time you go to the website. However, some cookies, such as those saved by banner ads, might put your privacy at risk by tracking sites you visit.

only to get rid of this irritating rubbish from TV?

You've got to be kidding.

If you go out walking in the rain the chances are you are going to get wet and no one is going to be sympathetic to your cries of woe. It is up to you to carry an umbrella or wear a raincoat if you don’t want to get wet.

If you don’t like popups then do something about it. It is easy to do. I have never seen an advertisement or popup on TVF since 2007. Saying I shouldn’t have to do anything or take any responsibility is ridiculous in my opinion.

Yes, the forum software requires cookies to function. Not kidding.

Can you explain this please? Because for everything else the forum is working fine, login goes automatically e.g.. The only irritating thing is this popup, which shows an all tabs all the time. Does this have to do with accepting third party cookies?

Edited by stevenl

FB should show it once, if they have to, and then be done with it. To keep popping it up every 2 minutes is abusive. Message to the hot shots at Facebook: your likeability is slipping further and further downhill with each minute you irritate people. You've already got billions of dollars. Try making a living without annoying people.

FB should show it once, if they have to, and then be done with it. To keep popping it up every 2 minutes is abusive. Message to the hot shots at Facebook: your likeability is slipping further and further downhill with each minute you irritate people. You've already got billions of dollars. Try making a living without annoying people.

I don't think Facebook is doing this but Thai Visa.

As Steven says it isn't something done by Facebook but rather done by TV to raise their facebook status or something. Along the lines of getting more LIKEs equals more ad revenue ?

Still very annoying especially for those that detest \facebook with a passion wink.png

The Facebook thingie will and should only show up ONCE.

If you don't accept cookies, your browser tells the Facebook server that you haven't seen the message, so it shows it again.

Thaivisa forum software requires acceptance of third party cookies to function properly.

The Facebook thingie will and should only show up ONCE.

If you don't accept cookies, your browser tells the Facebook server that you haven't seen the message, so it shows it again.

Thaivisa forum software requires acceptance of third party cookies to function properly.

Thanks for the answer.

I have my computer set to accept cookies yet I still keep getting the ad. Why do you need to try to make people like you ? if they are into Facebook and TV then I would presume they would have already liked you or am I missing something here ?

I have my computer set to accept cookies yet I still keep getting the ad. Why do you need to try to make people like you ? if they are into Facebook and TV then I would presume they would have already liked you or am I missing something here ?

Try to just click Yes, or No, then you wouldn't see it again. It worked for me (Chrome browser).

What browser and version do you use?

Thanks!