Tackle woes together: PM Prayut

webfact

Tackle woes together: PM
THE NATION

30263820-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday called on fishing boat operators to comply with new regulations and cooperate with all sectors to avoid damaging seafood supplies and exports.

PM Prayut said protests by operators over new rules had significantly affected fishery workers and he expressed a readiness to help those who failed to meet the regulations.

The premier also suggested that operators work together to solve their problems and move forward with the government's efforts to improve the fishing industry.

Prayut added that all sides had to tackle problems in the sector seriously so that the country progressed.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Tackle-woes-together-PM-30263820.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-06

"PM Prayut said protests by operators over new rules had significantly affected fishery"

These rules aren't new, they've been in place for years. What's NEW is that the fisheries are being held accountable, and they just don't LIKE obeying the laws.

As long as he doesn't give taxpayers' money or extensions to the slacktards who haven't seen fit to comply with rules that have been in place for many years even though the were told more than six months ago to get their businesses in order. The last thing Thailand needs is any more mollycoddling of scofflaws.

Why does this guy ask people to obey the law, a bunch of students disobeyed the law and were promptly imprisoned.

Do the same for all law breakers.

The students aren't 'imprisoned' (a hyperbolic term), they are in jail (there's a HUGE difference) and they wouldn't be in jail now excepting they refuse to post bail that was offered.

On the other hand, the fishermen aren't breaking any laws as long as they don't leave port without fulfilling all the requirements that have been in place for years that no previous government would enforce (more reform by Prayut). Thailand stands to lose a huge amount of money, greatly affecting their balance of trade, if they are red-carded by the EU because of these recalcitrant fishermen. The fishermen who have complied will be punished also by any ban enforced on Thailand by the EU. The only way Thailand can avoid a ban is by enforcing the law (I know, unique, isn't it?).

If this reform stuff continues, maybe the whole country will learn to, at least partially, obey the laws of the land (well, I admit that may be a stretch).

"he expressed a readiness to help those who failed to meet the regulations....."

"Now, now," he said. "My close friends own most of your boats, and we can't let anything happen to them, now can we?"

A few submarines later, from public money, a few payments to get boats back in the water--

Now THOSE are populist policies targeted to the well-heeled rather than the poor. No wonder no expansion to the healthcare system, and doctors demanding to financially screen patients (now the hospitals want to do background checks to see what you can afford, just as was done before and literally killed the poor and bankrupted them).

These are Marxist tactics a la Machiavelli, and some mentally myopic people are buying what they're selling...... Hogwash. Everyone saw this coming a long time ago, like when Suthep announced they had planned the coup months before, and the PM promptly said "Suthep mistakenly remembered".

Why does this guy ask people to obey the law, a bunch of students disobeyed the law and were promptly imprisoned.

The students aren't 'imprisoned' (a hyperbolic term), they are in jail (there's a HUGE difference) and they wouldn't be in jail now excepting they refuse to post bail that was offered.

On the other hand, the fishermen aren't breaking any laws as long as they don't leave port without fulfilling all the requirements that have been in place for years that no previous government would enforce (more reform by Prayut). Thailand stands to lose a huge amount of money, greatly affecting their balance of trade, if they are red-carded by the EU because of these recalcitrant fishermen. The fishermen who have complied will be punished also by any ban enforced on Thailand by the EU. The only way Thailand can avoid a ban is by enforcing the law (I know, unique, isn't it?).

If this reform stuff continues, maybe the whole country will learn to, at least partially, obey the laws of the land (well, I admit that may be a stretch).

I love the way you just make stuff up and present it as fact, lol.

My dictionary says that imprisoned means "put or keep in prison or a place like prison." So yeah, they're imprisoned.

The rich and powerful are in the seafood trade we all know laws do not apply to them Prayut throw them in jail then we will be sure you words are more than hot air

What a clever idea.

Now before that can be done

1 Firstly they have to break the law

2 Then eveidence has to be found just to arrest them

3 Then the police need a warrant from the court to do that

4 Then they appear in court and are let out on bail

5 Then the prosecution needs to have a watertight case against them6

6 Then they have to be found guilty and sentenced

7 Then they can appeal the courts decision and are out on bail

8 Then.......

9 Then........

etc

Now if YOU have this evidence and can take it to the police then please do so

If not why did you post the rubbish that you did?

My dictionary says that imprisoned means "put or keep in prison or a place like prison." So yeah, they're imprisoned.

My dictionary says

It seems you are very selective in your source. See below for a better explanation of the difference. You don't have to stay ignorant.

put or keep in prison or a place like prison

Jail, where these students are, is not like a prison.

So yeah, they're imprisoned

So, NO, they're jailed.

This is an English language forum so you don't have to limit your vocabulary; the better word is 'Jail'. The word 'prison' as in 'imprisoned' is a loaded word. Is your vocabulary that limited? Are you wanting to exploit the students for political purposes? I think you are just being obtuse or you want to make a hyperbolic political statement.

What is the difference between jails and prisons?

Jails are locally-operated, short term facilities that hold inmates awaiting trial or sentencing or both, and inmates sentenced to a term of less than 1 year, typically misdemeanants. Prisons are long term facilities run by the state or the federal government and typically hold felons and inmates with sentences of more than 1 year. Definitions may vary by state.

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=qa&iid=322

Jail vs. Prison

A jail is used to temporarily detain those who are suspected or convicted of a crime. It is used for the short-term, usually to hold those awaiting trial or to hold those convicted of low-level offenses that have sentences of one year or less. A prison is a facility that holds convicts who have committed crimes the legal system deems especially serious (e.g., repeated drunk driving offenses, first degree murder) for more long-term sentences.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Jail_vs_Prison

I suggest you visit a Thai jail and then visit a Thai prison. I love the way you just make stuff up and present it as fact, LoL.

The sickening hypocrisy of your last paragraph will be apparent to most people.

Edited by jayboy

The sickening hypocrisy of your last paragraph will be apparent to most people.

Please explain how enforcing the law is sickening hypocrisy

One post referring to the PM as a dictator has been removed from this thread.

From the pinned topic in the News Forum:

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

Posters violating these rules, and the forum rules will receive a warning, a possible suspension of posting privileges or a ban from the site.

The rich and powerful are in the seafood trade we all know laws do not apply to them Prayut throw them in jail then we will be sure you words are more than hot air

What a clever idea.

8 Then.......

9 Then........

etc

Mr. Bill, most of us are familiar with the process as you so clearly state, and then we all are familiar with the widely used term "throw them in jail". I don't see the rubbish !

What a clever idea.

8 Then.......

9 Then........

etc

Mr. Bill, most of us are familiar with the process as you so clearly state, and then we all are familiar with the widely used term "throw them in jail". I don't see the rubbish !

Shirtless is probably not so familiar as he simply advocates throwing people into jail with no trial or reason. THAT is the rubbish statement.

Good job Khum PM just tell these uneducated fishermen the laws. No log books , no records which means no taxes. Save your country and make these vessels obey

your laws and and the worlds laws on fishing. These fishermen do not care about nothing but bahts and doing what they want. If not watched the will break the law every day!

you mean the law established by the coup leaders? The problem with such laws is that there is no control mechanism. If tomorrow they would install a law that you have to put up your right arm in front of every guy in a green uniform, you will have to obey or face jail eurgh prison or something with metal bars...

My dictionary says

It seems you are very selective in your source. See below for a better explanation of the difference. You don't have to stay ignorant.

put or keep in prison or a place like prison

Jail, where these students are, is not like a prison.

So yeah, they're imprisoned

So, NO, they're jailed.

This is an English language forum so you don't have to limit your vocabulary; the better word is 'Jail'. The word 'prison' as in 'imprisoned' is a loaded word. Is your vocabulary that limited? Are you wanting to exploit the students for political purposes? I think you are just being obtuse or you want to make a hyperbolic political statement.

What is the difference between jails and prisons?

Jails are locally-operated, short term facilities that hold inmates awaiting trial or sentencing or both, and inmates sentenced to a term of less than 1 year, typically misdemeanants. Prisons are long term facilities run by the state or the federal government and typically hold felons and inmates with sentences of more than 1 year. Definitions may vary by state.

http://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=qa&iid=322

Jail vs. Prison

A jail is used to temporarily detain those who are suspected or convicted of a crime. It is used for the short-term, usually to hold those awaiting trial or to hold those convicted of low-level offenses that have sentences of one year or less. A prison is a facility that holds convicts who have committed crimes the legal system deems especially serious (e.g., repeated drunk driving offenses, first degree murder) for more long-term sentences.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Jail_vs_Prison

I suggest you visit a Thai jail and then visit a Thai prison. I love the way you just make stuff up and present it as fact, LoL.

They're in the slammer can't argue with that, pedants.

you mean the law established by the coup leaders? The problem with such laws is that there is no control mechanism. If tomorrow they would install a law that you have to put up your right arm in front of every guy in a green uniform, you will have to obey or face jail eurgh prison or something with metal bars...

The Junta didn't write the fishing laws or the anti-slavery laws but they are the first government to enforce them.

If tomorrow they would install a law that you have to put up your right arm in front of every guy in a green uniform, you will have to obey or face jail eurgh prison or something with metal bars...

Truly, I have no idea what you are trying to say. Please rephrase. Or are you going off-topic to slam the Junta?

The Junta didn't write the fishing laws or the anti-slavery laws but they are the first government to enforce them.

If tomorrow they would install a law that you have to put up your right arm in front of every guy in a green uniform, you will have to obey or face jail eurgh prison or something with metal bars...

Truly, I have no idea what you are trying to say. Please rephrase. Or are you going off-topic to slam the Junta?

yes sooo sorry, I admit I was off-topic.

If Thailand needs some submarnes, well have a deal for you!

Canada has 3 or 4 beautiful, sort of almost new subs, just

for you. I think that even one of them actually runs okay.

Not sure what the price would be, but please do contact

our government and take them off of our hands!

We may even have some helicopters to sell as well, only

a few to several decades old, and not even in a museum

yet.

I am just another Canadian trying to be helpful.

He should Section 44, The EU and then Fish.

"Europeans and Fish do not understand that Thailand is trying its best to be like the rest of the world but Thailand has its own way" Said some patronizing dick head from the Military government