Does anyone being annoyed by the recorded ad from True move?

snoopy21

I use True Move SIM card for my mobile. If my memory serves me right, a week or more ago, whenever I want to call someone, I am forced to listen to a 19 seconds recorded advertisement before connecting my call. Or, my other option is to redial the number again in order to skip that ad. Well, 19 seconds seem nothing in Thailand, but if I want to search help from someone in case of emergency that 19 second may be critical. I surmised there is no regulation that prohibited the telecommunication company using this kind of marketing tool; otherwise, True Move dares not to do so. But in my hometown, not to say such marketing tool, using recorded advertisement is against the law.

Emmmm...... this may be another case of Amazing Thailand!?

What exactly is they advertising or is it in Thai?

because there is a new registration requirement where if they haven't got your ID details the first time when you first open the service, you are required to go visit their shop with an ID and they will sort you out, otherwise if you don't bring them your ID, your number will be cut off at the end of the month

in which case if they tried to remind you of that, that is probably the only time it is acceptable to interject into your calls like that.

I've only find case where I had outstanding balance and they connect me to the call centre instead