New fortunner

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of them under different names Accord,Civic, Camry

,mazda3.

I do not believe any of those vehicles sold into the USA market are built in Thailand.

There is one Thai car exported to USA: Mitsubishi Mirage.

Up until 2014, no Thai made car built for the local market had more than 2 airbags

2012 model Thailand domestic Ranger Wildtrak has Driver airbag, Passenger airbag and side curtain airbags.

I doubt it was the first either.

The current model Ranger was indeed the first pickup in Thailand to have a full set of airbags.

Pointlessly confusing.The issue is will the Tuna match the new Thai build Ford.Its lost on looks already.

True, from a design point of view, ford is doing a far better job with the Ranger and Everest than Toyota. However everything else, reliability, waiting time, service, maintenance Toyota is way better. No comparison. For me Mitsu and Isuzu are more serious contenders to Toyota than Ford in Thailand.

Pointlessly confusing.The issue is will the Tuna match the new Thai build Ford.Its lost on looks already.

I reckon it's also lost out to the new Mitsu on styling/packaging too. But how much does it matter?

When it comes to that "crunch time" when people trading up to a new PPV are deciding on which car is going to take up to half of their salary for the next 4-5 years, they will usually succumb to the 'safe bet' of a Toyota or Isuzu.

If Toyota's design goal was to make the old Fortuner look old, they succeeded. If their goal was to make the prettiest PPV, or the best package, well, I guess that's up to the observer :)

Edited by IMHO

Up until 2014, no Thai made car built for the local market had more than 2 airbags.

List of Thai built cars available with a full set of airbags:

Ford Fiesta since 2010

Ford Ranger since 2011

Honda CR-V and Civic since 2012

Honda Accord since 2013

Honda Jazz, City, and CR-V since 2014

gah... this is going to take too long - I just realized in order to be complete I'm going to have to include dozens of locally assembled Euro brands too.

Anyways, in short, there's lots of options for cars with full safety features.

Apologies to all the brands I aborted mission on :)

Edited by IMHO

Nope. I got a peek today and it’s been totally updated. Rear seats fold down into a flat bed. Nice big screen gps, fully loaded with air bags and beautiful thick leather interior (much darker brown than the picture you provided).. thumbsup.gif

Finally a car maker who knows where to put a cup holder: on the right side of the steering wheel, tucked under the air vent.

However, the central console looks like it has been designed by four different design teams who don't talk to each other: the air vent/clock team, headunit team, AC team and the All The Other Buttons We Don't Know Where To Put Them team. It looks terrible.

Still prefer the Everest, even with the left handed cup holders.

Edited by pj123