New fortunner

funny how people who are critical about the new Fortuner are automatically tagged as jealous and short on money to buy one wai2.gif

I would like to ask how can you be critical if you haven't even seen it.

Yet to some peeps it's crap will crash + many other ridiculous comments it's got to be something else like cant afford one or as I stated a bit of jealousy.

It seems that the same old same old slag off the Tuna.

I have had one a Spivo for over 6 years admittedly have upgraded it power brake/wise but I think it's great for what it is.

Has good visibility handles well for an MPV not forgetting the amount of goodies it'll carry in the back. Not as much as the old MU7 but that handled like a cart due to leaf springs on the rear.

N/B.

Must say though that the new Mitsu looks good. At least they seem to have go rid of the silly very large wheel arches. Might even be worth a look not that I would ever buy one if the TRD has a 3.2 lump.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny how people who are critical about the new Fortuner are automatically tagged as jealous and short on money to buy one wai2.gif

. Totally Wrong. It's the way they are driven aggressively by arrogant Big Heads.you clearly haven been here long..MU 7 drivers are the complete opposite of, more Yogi Bear types..[emoji209]

I will reply as AOP post I think was meant for me.

I for your information have been in Thailand for over 25 years and the worst drivers are peeps with small cars trying to prove something.

MU7 drivers will seem like yogi bears types as the MU7 drives as I put in my post like a cart.

Tip a bit slower next time AOP maybe you'll get a post right.

No not meant for you.far to insignificant away from N.Wan Forum. you forgetting I had a Spivo. Said the brakes n handling we're crazy.strange you upgraded them. O.K but T.A. Got value best all that time ago. Yes I'm still smarting from buying without trying it first..Daughter all way win.

Just noticed "Been in Thailand for 25 Years". Not Lived,,pray tell us of your previous superior rides , or was it Bht Buses on Holiday before the Bargirls Choise was purchased.cheesy.gif . Hmm i wonder......

Been lived in Thailand what's the difference. First car Vigo 4x4 9+ years ago, then Spivo didn't need one before as lived in BKK then Chongburi province Taxis tuk tuks or M/C.

Here's one for you or anyone to answer how can a Tuna be crap just because they are driven by so called bigheads. Slight lack of logic there.

As you mentioned N/Wan forum I see that you have been missing for some time wasn't because you got your Butt smacked by Wayne for putting in yet another silly comment last time was it.

Jealous ? V60 or Fortuner cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Ok being serious now. Has this one actually been crash tested independently or is it only being sold in countries that don't require crash testing again ?

Yes, the new Fortuner makes it's way out of developing markets this time around. It will be sold in Australia, crash tested in Australia, and is fully expected to get a 5-star ANCAP rating.

In addition, (selected?) Thai models will get the full set of airbags and the same stability control systems required to achieve 5-stars ANCAP - so what we buy here should have the same crash safety as export models.

Ditto for the new Everest and new Pajero Sport (AKA Challenger).

Side note: It's also going to be the first time we have reliable & comparable fuel efficiency testing all the way across this segment too.

Are those rails going to support a roof box - they look almost non-existent.

I'm going to have to drive my old Sportivo into the ground then. Already done 170k in 6 years. Couldn't live without my Thule box on top for extra capacity as required. Maybe I should invest in a replacement 3.0D unit while there is still some stock around!

Jealous ? V60 or Fortuner cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Ok being serious now. Has this one actually been crash tested independently or is it only being sold in countries that don't require crash testing again ?

Yes, the new Fortuner makes it's way out of developing markets this time around. It will be sold in Australia, crash tested in Australia, and is fully expected to get a 5-star ANCAP rating.

In addition, (selected?) Thai models will get the full set of airbags and the same stability control systems required to achieve 5-stars ANCAP - so what we buy here should have the same crash safety as export models.

Ditto for the new Everest and new Pajero Sport (AKA Challenger).

Side note: It's also going to be the first time we have reliable & comparable fuel efficiency testing all the way across this segment too.

Looks like peeps in the market for a new MPV will soon be spoilt for choice any news on what the brake system will be? must be discs all round and not the Disc drum they had before.

Am looking forward to having a look see at the new Challenger, Power on that might have to go up if they are going to compete with Toyota.

Whatever not to long to wait a few weeks and we should all be clued up.

Only one big thing that remains is How much.

Power on that might have to go up if they are going to compete with Toyota.

The new Mitsu 2.4L diesel makes 181HP/430Nm.

The new Toyota 2.4L makes 150HP/400Nm. The 2.8L makes 177HP/450Nm.

I don't see that Mitsu needs to improve upon that, unless they make an extremely heavy car that suffers due to power:weight?

I don't see that Mitsu needs to improve upon that, unless they make an extremely heavy car that suffers due to power:weight?

Sound's pore for a big lump Toyota, my 3lt only produced 161hp when new none to cleaver. Ok now as have had it sorted, but it never stops once you have the power you have to have very good brakes. Total costing some 100th bt. It's only monies as they say.

Only hope that the 3.2 if it arrives will have better power, cant see it though.

Thanks for the info.

I would like to ask how can you be critical if you haven't even seen it.

Yet to some peeps it's crap will crash + many other ridiculous comments it's got to be something else like cant afford one or as I stated a bit of jealousy.

It seems that the same old same old slag off the Tuna.

I have had one a Spivo for over 6 years admittedly have upgraded it power brake/wise but I think it's great for what it is.

Has good visibility handles well for an MPV not forgetting the amount of goodies it'll carry in the back. Not as much as the old MU7 but that handled like a cart due to leaf springs on the rear.

N/B.

Must say though that the new Mitsu looks good. At least they seem to have go rid of the silly very large wheel arches. Might even be worth a look not that I would ever buy one if the TRD has a 3.2 lump.

what I've seen is more than enough. I'll have the "privilege" of driving the new model soon as we have rental fortuners where I work and have a fortuner as a family car too.

handling on a straight road should be perfect tongue.png (speaking of the new fortuner)

The power is good. What Mitsu needs to improve on is the fuel efficiency! Even the old fortuner does better, not to mention the Isuzu.. the later by a long shot.

No matter what those trucks need 300 BHP to be interesting. A City has better power to weight ratio.

May I just suggest you look up on you tube about the top speed of a City, even using 6.5 rev's: in every gear it takes forever to get to 190kph even a standard Tuna would walk all over it. 300bhp different world.

The power is good. What Mitsu needs to improve on is the fuel efficiency! Even the old fortuner does better, not to mention the Isuzu.. the later by a long shot.

My Spivo used to do just under 15kpl on a run did use C/C when I could quite good, but since I have had it sorted it's now in the region of 10 Bugger all if I put my foot down.

I refer to power to weight ratio. Not the price of Cheese.

Power to weight ratio does that mean that the City goes slower than a Tuna.

Sorry cant reply to the last bit about cheese as haven't a clue what your talking about. Unless of cause you sell the stuff.

No matter what those trucks need 300 BHP to be interesting. A City has better power to weight ratio.

May I just suggest you look up on you tube about the top speed of a City, even using 6.5 rev's: in every gear it takes forever to get to 190kph even a standard Tuna would walk all over it. 300bhp different world.

sure, the fortuner at 190kph...attach two wings to it and it would fly like that car in the james bond movies cheesy.gif

You need big balls to drive a SUV in Thailand at 190 kph with all the crazy roads + the crazy drivers. If you have a death wish

then Thailand is a good place to put your plan into action. I have had to slam on the anchors a few times at only 140 kph in my SUV and its been pure luck that someone else moved or I managed to squeeze through some gap or I would have ploughed through them.

SUV trucks normally would be used as family vehicles or secure placement of larger items in the rear, but in Thailand the question asked is what is the top speed, no one is interested on the safety aspects that need to match the high speed.

It's getting out of hand now.These upgraded Trucks are used for sensible reasons ,here they don't get used as intended.A better ride home after a day's work. Not ponsin about in..nice as they are..perhaps I'm shy..My wife has a new Benz, but I'm a Civic chap, happy to not be in Debt. Do like pissin off the Tuna Boys at Macro etc.pretending it's mine.

After plowing down a few trees in the Strada a couple of weeks ago I was interested in bringing forward the purchase of a new pick-up but today the missus said "Why not buy an old 40k baht PU for farm work and buy a new car instead of a pick-up for us" Smart girl my missus, wonder if she meant SUV!

The repair costs for the Strada have gone up and up it's not worth repairing...so I will sell it for parts.

post-63954-0-55244400-1436362005_thumb.j

After plowing down a few trees in the Strada a couple of weeks ago I was interested in bringing forward the purchase of a new pick-up but today the missus said "Why not buy an old 40k baht PU for farm work and buy a new car instead of a pick-up for us" Smart girl my missus, wonder if she meant SUV!

The repair costs for the Strada have gone up and up it's not worth repairing...so I will sell it for parts.

Pick-up crash scene Friday 26-06-15.JPG

How the <deleted> did you manage to park it there ... did you back in ...

Archived