Gen Tawatchai: Father says son was brainwashed by a foreign organisation

webfact

How would or could he know his son was "brain-washed" ?

One is not "brain-washed" just for having a radical viewpoint.

Is asking a non-elected governmen that took power via a coup, to restore democracy to the country, such a radical viewpoint? Sounds fairly mainstream to me...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agree and especially the

Hardback; I do not believe you have a clue what "Tyrannical Rule" is. Except for those cronies who want status quo from before you can hardly tell there was a coup !! I have lived here for over 11 years and I see many things changing for the good. This Country did not get this screwed up in two years and it will take much longer than that to make the changes.

As for these students, at their age I doubt they have a clue what the real world is about. Whatever, the rules are the rules, if you do not like them make change when the chance comes.

Dear General/PM keep flushing the device as the water is not clear yet !!

You would have to be brainwashed to go against tyrannical rule. Now lets find out who these brainwashers are and boot them out of the country! They'll be telling people they have human rights next - what an outrage

At their age, many young men bled and died on battlefields in their tens of thousand, pretty sure they had a grasp on the real world, at their age I was serving my country, I didn't have a higher education, and I sure as shit knew what was going on in the real world.

How VERY disingenuous your comments come across. Perhaps it's you that doesn't have a grasp, and you have also been conditioned to believe all the <deleted> that comes out Thai Military, and Politicians mouthes ?

Sorry, 'Fat Haggis', but to me you seem to be the 'disingenuous' one, in all matters where a certain 'political movement' you permanently stand on the barricades for, is getting the wind up. Don't tell us you believe these coccooned privileged kids(!) did suck these ideas out of their thumb, or own 'brains' as a matter of fact, IMO there must clearly be some manipulation game being played here, and I do have some idea who the ones sponsoring it might be, could that be the reason of this reaction of yours?

As for many young men being thrown into bloody wars, no doubt about that, but you sound as if they, and you at that age, had 'a grasp on the real world', BEFORE being plunged in the horror, as if those youngsters were NOT 'brainswashed' and freely chose to walk towards their demise chanting, with a flower in the barrel of their rifle. As for me, and all the recruits and freshmen I knew, none of us REALLY knew we were being sent to hell by obtuse politicians, for the big money, industry, and obsolete ideals of dominance, as at that time the noria of planes carrying bodybags had not yet started, and only a few pals had come back with missing limbs. My guess is you're getting really old, too old to remember how blind(ed) and ignorant we were, before the battlefield...

Agree, and especially the later sentence starting with 'As for me...'

I was conscripted for the Vietnam war (not from US). Here's the reality:

- There was little information in the media before we were conscripted.

- We were told nothing whatever in terms of the political picture during training.

- We were brainwashed about patriotism during basic training.

- We arrived in theatre with little information about where we very going (the geography, the enemy activity etc.)

- We quickly discovered that letters home (before internet) were heavily censored in both directions. We were not told this in advance.

- The very rare phone calls home (had to be booked two weeks in advance and with a maximum per day, subject to many technical problems) were monitored real time, and cut very quickly if there was any simple comment, either direction, about political values, etc., etc.

- There was no choice in terms of those conscripted, except jail for two years.

- Refusing to engage in real combat engagements brought a swift court martial and any comment about pacifism brought swift punishment and laughter /

comment about weakness.

- It didn't take long before most conscripts, in theatre, started to talk about how we had been duped and were simply expendable political pawns.

- Many conscripts on return home were forced to sign documents that they would never make comments to the media etc.

Regarding the post from gchurch259, in part:

"As for these students, at their age I doubt they have a clue what the real world is about. Whatever, the rules are the rules, if you do not like them make change when the chance comes."

Couldn't agree more, I teach hundreds of Thai bachelor degree students every year. For 99% of them:

- Their only substantive knowledge is every function on a smart phone.

- Thailand is the center of the world and admired by all other countries.

- Where is Germany, US, China etc? No idea whatever and it's not important.

- AEC is an new country, a copy of Thailand. Why a copy of Thailand? Because Thailand is so successful and modern.

- Democracy means having a rich man as the leader, who will give money to everybody.

:

Edited by scorecard

as I said before all American NGOs should be banned in Thailand, and all their members deported as soon as possible.

all universities converting student to Christianity, especially Catholicism should be closed, and all there foreign staff deported.

Thailand will never let any foreign force to indoctrinate and manipulate there citizen

Edited by TimmyT

I've been on a 2 day bender before and returned home a completely different person also.

My wife didn't believe me when I told her I was abducted.

Still waiting to be abducted again.. soon I hope!

Similar thing happened to me, but I have a photo of the abductor, not a great image, but keep a look out for him.

post-39016-1436268114825_thumb.jpg

Edited by BigBadGeordie

Star Trek in 2015, the Aliens are coming to take our good students, wash the brains out and use the knowledge.

Then they reprogram the student to go against the government before bringing him back to Thailand .

Star missing accomplished.....

What this guys ever learned in the army ?

I think its really better they go and play with barbie dolls in stead of spreading their bullshit.

What about a name and some evidence?

Generals are not required to produce evidence, data, or facts.

They are honest, good men who always tell the truth...

I think they also said that Thailand needs "good men" to lead the country...

coffee1.gif

I've been on a 2 day bender before and returned home a completely different person also.

My wife didn't believe me when I told her I was abducted.

Still waiting to be abducted again.. soon I hope!

Happened to me too, the difficult part was to explain the pink lipstick on my shirt and the smell of cheap parfume.

Its those terrible foreign devils again.

Is anything ever the fault of thais ?

The worst thing is thats what many thais will believe.

Yep and the brainwashing has been in place for generations not two nights.

A foreign organisation with such a powerful brainwashing technique and they pick on only one student. OMG

Edited by Oziex1

as I said before all American NGOs should be banned in Thailand, and all their members deported as soon as possible.

all universities converting student to Christianity, especially Catholicism should be closed, and all there foreign staff deported.

Thailand will never let any foreign force to indoctrinate and manipulate there citizen

Don't lose the yanks number Thailand, your going to be calling them when the Chinese take over now the Generals have opened the door to them.

What about a name and some evidence?

Generals are not required to produce evidence, data, or facts.

They are honest, good men who always tell the truth...

I think they also said that Thailand needs "good men" to lead the country...

coffee1.gif

'Good men',,,, that instantly cancels the shin clan and their leaches. Next.

find them, check who finance them, seize their money. Cancel the visa of the foreigner and jail the thais...case finish...

Better yet, cast out all the foreign devils. Foreign teachers influencing their students to think for themselves, foreign businessmen teaching about foreign economic attitudes, NGOs helping the hill tribe people....who knows what new ideas are introduced and don't get me started on those foreign missionaries and their foreign ideas.

Missionaries - round them all up and export ASAP, as for the rest, just a thorn in the side for the establishment.

Hardback; I do not believe you have a clue what "Tyrannical Rule" is.

Tyranny [count] : a government in which all power belongs to one person: the rule or authority of a tyrant

Note: Section 44 ( you may have read about it in the papers)

Fans of the general may like to point out that he is benevolent, wants to "clean things up"or has good intentions, but he is a tyrant nonetheless.

I generally go for existing definitions of terms - rather than denying reality because it suits my narrow minded view of the world.

Or maybe he is being very careful and strategic to not allow anything to derail the sorely needed reforms.

Or maybe he is being very careful and strategic to not allow anything to derail the sorely needed reforms.

The reforms will be cosmetic at best. Read a history book - coup, rinse repeat - All we'll get at the end of this is green men with new toys and fatter wallets. There'll be a spanking new constitution to make sure the wrong people never get elected again. For some that's reform, to me it looks like regression. I agree that there need to be changes, but the changes wont be made by this regime, or the one they install when they decide to step aside.

Edited by Hardback

find them, check who finance them, seize their money. Cancel the visa of the foreigner and jail the thais...case finish...

Spoken like a former stasi agent.

Here's what you should consider doing, go to the German embassy and tell the German Ambassador off. Go to the nearest police station and swear out a complaint against the German government and then seize the aid money Germany provides Thailand. Germany sponsors social leadership development and human rights education programs in Thailand.

After you are done attacking the German embassy, repeat with the foreign missions of the USA, Austria, Canada, Australia, Netherlands, France and multiple BGOs who provide millions of baht every year to finance Thailand's social development.

Missionaries - round them all up and export ASAP, as for the rest, just a thorn in the side for the establishment.

Will you be taking over their responsibilities and work at the clinics, family assistance centers, orphanages and palliative care hospices they support and run?

It seems that many foreigners and Thais do not realize how much these foreign missionaries do for Thailand. The Catholic church schools and hospitals in Thailand are part of the church's missionary activity. The Anglican church's palliative care and counseling outreach is part of its missionary work. I laugh at Mormons with their magical underwear and prim and proper ways. However, I know that these Mormon kids are volunteering in some rather horrible places, places the Thai government has ignored. Latrines and potable water supplies are built because of those Mormon kids who don't smoke, drink or molest children. Certainly a much better contribution than the typical sex tourist sodomizing hairless boys in Phuket, or the pervs of Pattaya beating up young girls.

When the critics are ready to support the orphanages, schools and other social services for the poor, by all means throw out the missionaries.

Edited by geriatrickid

Spoken like a former stasi agent.

Here's what you should consider doing, go to the German embassy and tell the German Ambassador off. Go to the nearest police station and swear out a complaint against the German government and then seize the aid money Germany provides Thailand. Germany sponsors social leadership development and human rights education programs in Thailand.

After you are done attacking the German embassy, repeat with the foreign missions of the USA, Austria, Canada, Australia, Netherlands, France and multiple BGOs who provide millions of baht every year to finance Thailand's social development.

Boring,,, you can do better than that gkid.

The reforms will be cosmetic at best. Read a history book - coup, rinse repeat - All we'll get at the end of this is green men with new toys and fatter wallets. There'll be a spanking new constitution to make sure the wrong people never get elected again. For some that's reform, to me it looks like regression. I agree that there need to be changes, but the changes wont be made by this regime, or the one they install when they decide to step aside.

In other words, you conveniently believe it cannot be different.

Did you get your education recently at a Thai government school?

In other words, you conveniently believe it cannot be different.

Did you get your education recently at a Thai government school?

Not a very well thought out comment there sir, considering your side of the argument. The men that Thailand needed to bring real change have either been exiled or killed years ago (and I don't mean Thaksin) If I were a product of the Thai Govt line of thinking I'd swallow the Junta's BS in the very same way that you do.

And I repeat my comment:

" In other words, you conveniently believe it cannot be different."

Ignorance is bliss, I envy you. Come back to me in five years and we'll bask in the reforms - or will you still be saying the Junta needs more time?