Gen Tawatchai: Father says son was brainwashed by a foreign organisation

webfact

Agree and especially the

Hardback; I do not believe you have a clue what "Tyrannical Rule" is. Except for those cronies who want status quo from before you can hardly tell there was a coup !! I have lived here for over 11 years and I see many things changing for the good. This Country did not get this screwed up in two years and it will take much longer than that to make the changes.

As for these students, at their age I doubt they have a clue what the real world is about. Whatever, the rules are the rules, if you do not like them make change when the chance comes.

Dear General/PM keep flushing the device as the water is not clear yet !!

You would have to be brainwashed to go against tyrannical rule. Now lets find out who these brainwashers are and boot them out of the country! They'll be telling people they have human rights next - what an outrage

At their age, many young men bled and died on battlefields in their tens of thousand, pretty sure they had a grasp on the real world, at their age I was serving my country, I didn't have a higher education, and I sure as shit knew what was going on in the real world.

How VERY disingenuous your comments come across. Perhaps it's you that doesn't have a grasp, and you have also been conditioned to believe all the <deleted> that comes out Thai Military, and Politicians mouthes ?

Sorry, 'Fat Haggis', but to me you seem to be the 'disingenuous' one, in all matters where a certain 'political movement' you permanently stand on the barricades for, is getting the wind up. Don't tell us you believe these coccooned privileged kids(!) did suck these ideas out of their thumb, or own 'brains' as a matter of fact, IMO there must clearly be some manipulation game being played here, and I do have some idea who the ones sponsoring it might be, could that be the reason of this reaction of yours?

As for many young men being thrown into bloody wars, no doubt about that, but you sound as if they, and you at that age, had 'a grasp on the real world', BEFORE being plunged in the horror, as if those youngsters were NOT 'brainswashed' and freely chose to walk towards their demise chanting, with a flower in the barrel of their rifle. As for me, and all the recruits and freshmen I knew, none of us REALLY knew we were being sent to hell by obtuse politicians, for the big money, industry, and obsolete ideals of dominance, as at that time the noria of planes carrying bodybags had not yet started, and only a few pals had come back with missing limbs. My guess is you're getting really old, too old to remember how blind(ed) and ignorant we were, before the battlefield...

Agree, and especially the later sentence starting with 'As for me...'

I was conscripted for the Vietnam war (not from US). Here's the reality:

- There was little information in the media before we were conscripted.

- We were told nothing whatever in terms of the political picture during training.

- We were brainwashed about patriotism during basic training.

- We arrived in theatre with little information about where we very going (the geography, the enemy activity etc.)

- We quickly discovered that letters home (before internet) were heavily censored in both directions. We were not told this in advance.

- The very rare phone calls home (had to be booked two weeks in advance and with a maximum per day, subject to many technical problems) were monitored real time, and cut very quickly if there was any simple comment, either direction, about political values, etc., etc.

- There was no choice in terms of those conscripted, except jail for two years.

- Refusing to engage in real combat engagements brought a swift court martial and any comment about pacifism brought swift punishment and laughter /

comment about weakness.

- It didn't take long before most conscripts, in theatre, started to talk about how we had been duped and were simply expendable political pawns.

- Many conscripts on return home were forced to sign documents that they would never make comments to the media etc.

Regarding the post from gchurch259, in part:

"As for these students, at their age I doubt they have a clue what the real world is about. Whatever, the rules are the rules, if you do not like them make change when the chance comes."

Couldn't agree more, I teach hundreds of Thai bachelor degree students every year. For 99% of them:

- Their only substantive knowledge is every function on a smart phone.

- Thailand is the center of the world and admired by all other countries.

- Where is Germany, US, China etc? No idea whatever and it's not important.

- AEC is an new country, a copy of Thailand. Why a copy of Thailand? Because Thailand is so successful and modern.

- Democracy means having a rich man as the leader, who will give money to everybody.

:

This is one of your best posts I've read on TVF and thank you for sharing your own experience.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quote was wrong, it was a foreigner - latest news all foreigners to be sent for attitude adjustment in case of brain washing tendencies - the genral today stated it is obvious the foreigners were behind it all.

quote was wrong, it was a foreigner - latest news all foreigners to be sent for attitude adjustment in case of brain washing tendencies - the genral today stated it is obvious the foreigners were behind it all.

Naturally. They're behind all paedophilia acts, too. Obviously soccer coach Drainpop was brainwashed by a coven of foreign teachers.