Kawasaki KLX 125 decent bike?

Saw an older (2010) but near mint KLX 125 today. 6000km, green book 44000 baht. I'm not after a full on motoxsser, just a not to powerful dirt bike to have some fun on in the bush. They an ok model? Easy to get parts? Reliable etc

They are not too happy with in on MCN, they give it 2 stars, hmm, but if you look further down one owner is quite happy with it, so.

Honestly I don't know if the price is fair or not, never been on the market for one myself. Check around if you can see others for sale and compare the prices.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/kawasaki/klx125/2010/

They are a good bike for light off-roading , bu not much powre and torque . Have you considered a Lifan 200 X-Cross , or the X-Plore motard , for about 48,000 Baht , new . If you dont need it road legal , then a second hand KLX 140 is better , or the road legal KLX 150 .

Edited by ktm jeff

Lifan is one of the worlds biggest producers of many vehicles . Scroll down the Thai visa motorbike page to fine the thread that was running last week . Not as good as a 150,000 Baht Kawasaki , but good value , yes .

Had a bit more of a look around and looks like top speed maxes out at only 80km :-( I was hoping would get a little bit more top end than my Click if we take it on the road sometime but I guess these are all geared for low end. Normally back home wouldn't even consider going two up on anything less than a 250 but me and the missus (and everyone else in Asia) regularly travel two up on Clicks and waves etc. Would this bike be ok for the two of us to go out on bush roads etc (not expecting any sort of jumps or sports performance) just that it will get us along without damaging the bike

edit this...I had a KMX i believe. this was 15 years ago..or more.

Had one in the Philippines. Mine was a 2 stroke 125. Very Light...and a bit higher than my Yamaha Serow 225, 4 stroke. My friend and I went all over northern Luzon...up hills, up mountains... I even took the Kawasaki up the highway to Baguio. (dont do that). I had a girl and two back packs. It doesn't have the power needed for the hills. It revs up initially but the power degrades to nothing. Also, mine had a radiator...but still almost overheated at high elevations. I could outrun another guy...on a Honda 1100 lol.....but only because I could swerve in and out of traffic, go up the curb...onto the sidewalk..etc. It's good for getaways. The KMX had faulty seals on the back signal lights..and they rusted out. I actually liked riding it more that my Serow. I outran the Serow on curves and...the first 1/3 of a steep grade..by shifting down and gunning it. (you can actually pop a wheelie). However...the Serow was a workhouse 4 stroke...with steady power up a hill.....quieter. It just did not seem to have the pep ...in traffic.

Depends what you do. It is an uncomfortable bike for long rides..... good for the floods (high exhaust)s. I ran it through rivers flowing down Pinatubo in the rainy season. It heats up in traffic. You need the air flowing over the radiator in this heat. A fun, light bike to maneuver.....on and off road.

Edited by slipperylobster

Good reliable bike. Not much power but enough for some light off-roading. Won't be comfortable for any passenger. The price seems reasonable. I'd check if there's a Kawasaki dealer near you or if there's a bike shop in town that sells small Kawasaki bikes and can service it etc.

Well I went back to the shop and turns out they had a 2013 KLX 150, 2000km on the clock one lady owner 49k baht. No brainer. Bike a real minter. Took it for a blat this afternoon on and off road. No screamer but perfect for what I wanted a good solid farm bike. Gets along well on the road, nice balance. Knobby tyres noisey on the bitumen. Very happy overall. Put the missus on the back and the suspension sure sagged but seemed ok. Better read the loading specs :-(

Having trouble finding a manual for the bike. Says suspension 5 way adjustable (I think on another site). Would like to crank the rear suspension up a little if possible. Me and wife combined around 140kg. Alright ride 2 up on this bike (Not hard riding)

A couple of things. Has a knob for idle adjustment. To increase revs should I be turning screw clock wise or anti clock wise?

Want to adjust the rear shock a bit stiffer. Its one of those stepped adjustment things you turn the spring around. Do I need a special tool or a special way of doing it?

A couple of things. Has a knob for idle adjustment. To increase revs should I be turning screw clock wise or anti clock wise?

Want to adjust the rear shock a bit stiffer. Its one of those stepped adjustment things you turn the spring around. Do I need a special tool or a special way of doing it?

The manual I posted is for the 125 which has ( as far as I know) the same specs as the 150( besides the bore/stroke)

Turn the Idle screw ( with running engine) and you will find out smile.png

There are special tools for adjusting those kinda shocks;

post-143096-0-62841500-1436451448_thumb.

It might be in the tool kit If no have, a bike shop could do it for you as well.

Good luck.