Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

Now a glass bottle? And you know they have retracted their statements right?

Since when do glass bottles make knife shaped stab wounds?

It was said to be a broken wine bottle, if so it would be similar to a knife wound

Don't be so obtuse. The difference between a knife wound and a broken bottle is like night and day. Have you seen the wounds? I have and they are knife/puncture wounds. They are 100& not broken bottle wounds. When a bottle breaks it is jagged, the wounds are clean punctures to the skin.

You are another poster who should be banned for baiting as you are obviously a troll

One has to wonder why a coroner is even needed in cases like this when the online detectives can tell you where the wounds came from based on some photos on the internet.

Going to be amazing when the coroners report comes into evidence if the prosecutor sticks to the story of the weapons police have indicated to date (no knife). Makes you wonder if the prosecutors are purposely trying to lose the case or maybe the online sleuths are really clueless as keeps seeing to be the case. Then again maybe for once the online forensic experts will get one right, and the prosecutors introduce knife wounds, even a broken clock can be right twice a day.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the translator, Maung said he was not present when the murders took place

took place. He had left his friends at 1am to meet his girlfriend so he did not know about anything that took place afterwards.

He said Zaw Rin and Win admitted that they had indeed committed the murders and that they confirmed that Maung had left earlier. They said they were drunk and that they bludgeoned the heads of the tourists. The first weapon was a large bottle of wine which was used by Win on David Miller. Then Win used a hoe was used to finish the job.

Meanwhile, Zaw Rin had taken Hannah some distance away. She resisted and screamed, so he hit her with the same hoe. Win was the first to rape her, the translator said. He said the two did not leave the island immediately because it was difficult to do so with the police keeping a close watch.

Police yesterday confirmed the mobile phone of Koh Tao murder victim, David Miller, had been retrieved from the accommodation of one of the two Myanmar suspects.

National police chief Somyot Pumpanmuang said suspect Saw Rim, 21, had intended to take the victims mobile phone for his own use, but he later found the device cannot be used in Thailand, so he smashed and discarded it in his living quarters.

Pol Col Prachum Ruangthong, superintendent of the Koh Phangan police station, said the device is a black iPhone 4, taken from the shorts pocket of Miller, 24, who was found dead on a Koh Tao beach alongside Hannah Witheridge, 23, on Sept 15.

The confirmation came as doubts spread on social media as to whether the phone was really taken from the suspects. Some pictures circulated online show a friend of Witheridge brought a mobile phone to Pol Col Prachum during the inquest.

The men underwent medical checks before and after the inquiry to prove they were not tortured into admitting a crime.

They seemed in good health, except for pain in their chests [allegedly from their interrogation], added Aung Myo Thant.

"Two Myanmar suspects have confessed to killing the pair," national police chief Somyot Pumpunmuang told the AFP news service even before the press conference. "DNA test results confirmed that the same DNA was found in the body of the (female)victim."

With her partner incapacitated, both men then set upon Witheridge, taking turns as raping her while alternately smoking a cigarette. When they were through, Wynsmashed her head

Lawyer Aung Myo Thant said the pair, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, from the Arakanese town of Kyaukphyu, told a Burmese embassy legal team they had murdered English tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller by bludgeoning them to death with a hoe on 15 September.

A second witness, Dr. Chasit Yoohad, gave testimony about his examination of the victims' bodies. He said he also performed a medical checkup of the two accused, and found them in good health. He said he asked through a translator if they had committed the crime, and they replied that they had.

BANGKOK: -- A human rights commissioner said Tuesday the two Myanmar migrant workers arrested on charges of murdering the two British backpackers on Koh Tao admitted to him that they committed the crime as charged.

The commissioner, Mr Prinya Sirisarakan, and his staff visited the two suspects at a prison on Koh Samui where they are being detained pending prosecution.

Commenting on the suspicion by netizens in the social media that the two suspects might be just scapegoats, Mr Prinya suggested that the police should disclose more details about the case to clear up the air.

He said the two told him that they drank both beer and wine before they attacked the two British tourists and he suspected that they might be drunk at the time they committed the crime.

It was said to be a broken wine bottle, if so it would be similar to a knife wound

No it wouldn't. One stab might replicate a wound with a knife or such but not consistently over many stabs.

There was a clear pattern to entry and exit. A broken bottle would not be uniform exit and entry in different area of the body

Don't be so obtuse. The difference between a knife wound and a broken bottle is like night and day. Have you seen the wounds? I have and they are knife/puncture wounds. They are 100& not broken bottle wounds. When a bottle breaks it is jagged, the wounds are clean punctures to the skin.

You are another poster who should be banned for baiting as you are obviously a troll

One has to wonder why a coroner is even needed in cases like this when the online detectives can tell you where the wounds came from based on some photos on the internet.

Going to be amazing when the coroners report comes into evidence if the prosecutor sticks to the story of the weapons police have indicated to date (no knife). Makes you wonder if the prosecutors are purposely trying to lose the case or maybe the online sleuths are really clueless as keeps seeing to be the case. Then again maybe for once the online forensic experts will get one right, and the prosecutors introduce knife wounds, even a broken clock can be right twice a day.

No I don't believe the prosecutors are trying to lose the case. They are just in a hole and have been dealt a impossible hand of cards and are not sure what to do. Do we quit before we start ? No, the PM said its the perfect case! Do we quit after day 3 . Maybe the heat will die down and everyone will move on. No! It hasn't !

Do we hope something's coming out of the woodwork to help us? No ! It's not ! Do we pack up now then ? No ! We will lose too much face! Help what do we do now. I know lets just stay with it and play the dum card! Oh okay good idea !! Over to you defense !!

Just a thought for you JTJ. Have you considered that they may be people in here with forensic experience!?

Because I have and it's likely !

You know I don't believe this JTJ but I actually agree with the first part of your post. However you shoot yourself in the foot as that's the very reason why many posters have brought to attention the procedures applied in this case. The whole case from the start has been compromised by contaminated crime scene be it not preventing unnecessary movement around the crime scene and moving the clothes and not tagging and bagging them separately. There's many more examples but to spare the people in here from viewing to many repeats I won't mention it now. That's not in any way shape of form a conspiracy theory just a fact!! Pictures don't lie but as you say reporting can !

Contaminated crime scene is not going to put these two defendants sperm in the victim. Contaminated crime scene is likely to produce results from people in the crime scene and whatever contaminates they are carrying as well as possibly destroying evidence. If their semen was found in the victims there is no plausible way to explain this except of a mass conspiracy to set them up ... or a smaller conspiracy that the killer(s) had their semen and DNA samples the night of the killings and somehow knew or just got lucky they would be around the crime scene at the time of the killing and would be captured on film buying smokes and that one of that there friend who says they gave them the phone was in on it. For the police to have set them up it would take a mass conspiracy and just goes against all logic when you look at how bad they looked going from assuming then clearing one person after the next.

If there semen was not in the victims then the there is little to no case based on the way the case was handled but right from the get go didn't they say the semen dna and that of the cigarettes matched ... well before these guys were on the radar? Just not seeing this evidence go away or how the defense is going to provide any reasonable doubt.

Again, my prediction is they will plead guilty once the confirm the police do in fact have their DNA / sperm from the scene. Right now IMO they are just seeing how sloppy the cops were and if they can come up anything like in the OJ Trial of blood preservative in the blood sample(s) and a cop visiting the crime scene with a vial of OJs blood that contained a preservative. As a side note, it was all BS and they never proved preservative in the Blood and never tested the DNA on their own. They got a prosecution witness to confirm that some markers in the blood "could be" from a preservative. Media didn't report much on it but that witnessed was pissed and tried telling everyone he never said it was a preservative in the blood. Point being it was great lawyer and they found something they got lucky and found something they could exploit. Just not seeing that is gonna happen in the case but the defense would be crazy not to confirm this first given the media attention and human rights issues in Thailand against immigrant workers. These things just like Furman and the N-words lays a great foundation to give people (judges in the case) a reason to look very hard for a way to find not guilty.

Just a thought for you JTJ. Have you considered that they may be people in here with forensic experience!?

Not based on any comments I have scene. Not to mention a forensic expert would want to examine the wounds and not use internet pictures to draw conclusions. Am sure I have missed many posts here but from what I can tell there are no forensic, DNA, crime scene or just about any other types of experts related to this case posting here. Then again there can be some among the huge amount of outrageous and and comical posts here from the keyboard experts.

According to the translator, Maung said he was not present when the murders took place

took place. He had left his friends at 1am to meet his girlfriend so he did not know about anything that took place afterwards.

He said Zaw Rin and Win admitted that they had indeed committed the murders and that they confirmed that Maung had left earlier. They said they were drunk and that they bludgeoned the heads of the tourists. The first weapon was a large bottle of wine which was used by Win on David Miller. Then Win used a hoe was used to finish the job.

Meanwhile, Zaw Rin had taken Hannah some distance away. She resisted and screamed, so he hit her with the same hoe. Win was the first to rape her, the translator said. He said the two did not leave the island immediately because it was difficult to do so with the police keeping a close watch.

Police yesterday confirmed the mobile phone of Koh Tao murder victim, David Miller, had been retrieved from the accommodation of one of the two Myanmar suspects.

National police chief Somyot Pumpanmuang said suspect Saw Rim, 21, had intended to take the victims mobile phone for his own use, but he later found the device cannot be used in Thailand, so he smashed and discarded it in his living quarters.

Pol Col Prachum Ruangthong, superintendent of the Koh Phangan police station, said the device is a black iPhone 4, taken from the shorts pocket of Miller, 24, who was found dead on a Koh Tao beach alongside Hannah Witheridge, 23, on Sept 15.

The confirmation came as doubts spread on social media as to whether the phone was really taken from the suspects. Some pictures circulated online show a friend of Witheridge brought a mobile phone to Pol Col Prachum during the inquest.

The men underwent medical checks before and after the inquiry to prove they were not tortured into admitting a crime.

They seemed in good health, except for pain in their chests [allegedly from their interrogation], added Aung Myo Thant.

"Two Myanmar suspects have confessed to killing the pair," national police chief Somyot Pumpunmuang told the AFP news service even before the press conference. "DNA test results confirmed that the same DNA was found in the body of the (female)victim."

With her partner incapacitated, both men then set upon Witheridge, taking turns as raping her while alternately smoking a cigarette. When they were through, Wynsmashed her head

Lawyer Aung Myo Thant said the pair, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 21, from the Arakanese town of Kyaukphyu, told a Burmese embassy legal team they had murdered English tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller by bludgeoning them to death with a hoe on 15 September.

A second witness, Dr. Chasit Yoohad, gave testimony about his examination of the victims' bodies. He said he also performed a medical checkup of the two accused, and found them in good health. He said he asked through a translator if they had committed the crime, and they replied that they had.

BANGKOK: -- A human rights commissioner said Tuesday the two Myanmar migrant workers arrested on charges of murdering the two British backpackers on Koh Tao admitted to him that they committed the crime as charged.

The commissioner, Mr Prinya Sirisarakan, and his staff visited the two suspects at a prison on Koh Samui where they are being detained pending prosecution.

Commenting on the suspicion by netizens in the social media that the two suspects might be just scapegoats, Mr Prinya suggested that the police should disclose more details about the case to clear up the air.

He said the two told him that they drank both beer and wine before they attacked the two British tourists and he suspected that they might be drunk at the time they committed the crime.

Broken wine bottle with zero glass in Dave's wounds? I believe it was a knife.

Not based on any comments I have scene. Not to mention a forensic expert would want to examine the wounds and not use internet pictures to draw conclusions. Am sure I have missed many posts here but from what I can tell there are no forensic, DNA, crime scene or just about any other types of experts related to this case posting here. Then again there can be some among the huge amount of outrageous and and comical posts here from the keyboard experts.
Well I know for a fact there is people of those same fields in here. Trust me !

Correction, notice you said related to this case ! No but looking in yes!! And the is experts in there field related to the skills needed to handle a case like this. Yes

There is far too much one upmanship in recent posts. I think we are all here because we want justice. I really hope that is true of the few posters that have a differing opinion to most posters on here. I don't believe they really have an agenda to skew what is being posted. Still more to come from the prosecution and so why go round and round saying the same stuff about what has already been discussed.

I just feel so sorry and sad for their parents, who are probably reading all the crap that you lot are spewing out.

You have taken this discussion to a level that is almost laughable and despicable.

You lot don't care that those two young people were murdered in the most horrific way - you just want to show how corrupt the police in Thailand are. You have no feelings at all.

Just another Farang murder in Thailand. Who cares who they were.

One of you even called her Victoria in one of his blundering posts. How disrespectful is that?

I, for one, do care. And if i could unsee those horrific photos i would.

Give a thought to their families and friends, please?

Hang on, every person involved here are doing so because we as well want the people who did the found and sentenced so please don't for one minute think we have a bone to pick with the police. Had it not been for forums to discuss and assist trying to find the killers these Burmese boy's fate would have been sealed 10 months ago leaving the true killers still out there to do it again. Should they be found guilty we can rest peacefully knowing we fought as hard as we could

Not sure what you mean about the police corruption comments, if you have ever been to Thailand you'd be in a position to know that the police force is corrupt in every sense that's no big secret. The world now understands that Thailand is not just a beautiful place for Islands, shopping, diving, snorkeling and thai culture the majority of Thai's are beautiful caring people they know what dark issues are beneath the surface and want changes for their country and hopefully the P.M will give them that, I'm confident he will.

I am sure the families of David and Hannah will at some stage be thankful for everyone's input there's three sides to this their story, our story and the truth.

Hoping you can understand why we are here. Thank you

Chetzee states:-

let me spell it out to you ...

man with the cash has his reputation slurred

man with the cash employes lawyer to sue those who are besmirching his families reputation.

man with the cash has last laugh as all and sundrey loose face and Cash when they have to retract those slurs when convincing evidence is offer

to show that the son and heir is a decent human being after all

and not someone caught up in a hidious murder that will likley follwing him for the years to come ...

now , do you get that ?

I got it in the first place I just wanted to see if you writing skills improved, and they have but so has you volatility, which seems to have affected you spelling and typing skills. In a hurry to give me a serve, were you? . So tell me what are you trying to say by posting all this when it is not relevant to what I stated. The facts are, even if people believe he was involved, he has not been charged with any offence, therefore, at this time, is deemed to be innocent of anything and is not required to justify anything to anyone or take any tests.

If the cops stuffed up, then it is they who have to be accountable, not me or others posting on here. If he has not been charged or convicted of any offence and people have defamed him, then he has the right, under law, to sue. Now I would dearly like to know how you have been able to bring what you have posted into the discussion, in particular, when what I said happens to be factual.. When someone states that they are not sticking up for him and that what has occurred happens in the real world means in the situation as it stands, anywhere, he is not required to justify himself in any manner, shape or form. If you don't like then that is your problem but don't come back at me as a SA but then maybe you don't know any better.

like you said you got it in the first place .... u rights real wel pal but at my skool we were more concerned with learning common decency , fairplay , and tolerance . Spelling and grammer not big things in that hallowed institution .

Firstly, I am not your pal, would never want to be and despite your numerous responses, to me and others, you continue in the same SA style that you are becoming known for. Every time you respond to a poster it is becoming more evident that you are a practising troll, an apprentice stalker and should be ignored. To prove it, just look at your responses to my two posts, they say more about you than I or anyone else could or would.

Additional courses that you should have attended would be that of gentlemanliness and comprehension. It is apparent that you have no understanding of what I wrote or even the meanings of the words you just proffered otherwise you would realise you lack the ability to put into practise what you were allegedly taught. When one fails at something and never learns to correct it, then what we now see is what we get. A person who does not have the ability to argue his point, resorts to juvenile responses and innuendoes. Oh, just in case you have trouble with the meaning of innuendo it is a subtle, insulting comment or gesture but then you would know that having attended troll school, wouldn't you?.

John, why is there no footage from AC bar at all? They have working CCTV but there's no record of who went in and out? It's conveniently missing or not been looked at?

You're hoping we get the usual Thailand, the Mai pen rai Thailand. Only there are millions of eyes around the world watching... Waiting to see what Thailand does, does that worry you? It should.

Don't keep writing the word Proof JTJ.. that's your M8 Gobby using that word.

You are correct, you didn't say "proof" in that context now that I read what you replied instead of just your post. My apologies for that but still think the conclusion you appear to have drawn about the suspects not being attacked is far fetched. However, it is a far cry from saying it is proof.

Nope! My sentenced ended in a Question Mark. Which means I was asking you the question, and not making a statement, which you did not reply or answer to. Which you tried to cover up on a new link. So I will ask again in a more simple format for you.

Do you consider it proof that because nobody threw a stone at the 2 accused it proves to you the crowd thought they were innocent???

Nice to hear from Ms Pontip in that video, post #5284. She's saying what I've been saying for months. All we, the general public, have to go on re; DNA is what top brass police announce. Nothing else. Thai police top brass have a thick agenda of shielding the Headman's people, and everything they do and say points at that.

Brit officials could help clear up some of the DNA mess, but thus far they've been as useful as a parking meter on Venus.

I don't really see her backing off her statement at this point, I doubted her before but she's already said publicly she doesn't trust the results from the police alone. It's looking like the B2 may be cleared but chances of the actual killers being found are slim with little international support. sad.png

That is the most likely outcome of this case.

B2 guilty or not , will be set free if no new evidence appear in court.

Then the speculations will continue to run until someone speaks out and that will probably never happen.

if they are indeed completely unconnected to this crime how about Ms Pontip taking DNA samples (like the police should have done already but didn't according the police court testimony) from Mon Nomsod and the 3 bouncers from the bar and clearing them once and for all from this investigation, the defence should be entitled to request this because the prosecution introduced them into the trial proceedings, anything the prosecution brings into evidence must be open to scrutiny and verification, apart from that surely it would be in their own interests to do so and completely clear them (and if pigs could fly)

John, why is there no footage from AC bar at all? They have working CCTV but there's no record of who went in and out? It's conveniently missing or not been looked at?

You're hoping we get the usual Thailand, the Mai pen rai Thailand. Only there are millions of eyes around the world watching... Waiting to see what Thailand does, does that worry you? It should.

Where is your source that there was cameras in the AC Bar? I have read by posters here who claim to have been there that there is not. I believe the police also stated there is no camera at the back door. You also clearly have no real understanding of Thai culture based on your last comments which are appear to also provide some insight into your motives here. As for worry me, no clue what you are talking about. I have no personal stake and have no concern what-so-ever what the "millions of eyes" see. If these guys are found guilty or not or there is some vast conspiracy uncovered that reaches up to the highest level of politics ... I am not going to lose sleep. I certainly have no irrational belief I am involved in this case or believe I have more knowledge about it then those tasked with trying the case.

Years ago, my first g.f. in Thailand was a cute hill tribe gal. When I'd ask her about an English word she studied the day before, she would say 'forget' ...but it would come out sounding like 'f--- it'

Thailand's lead inspector on this case is a Police Colonel. His responses to nearly all questions (by the defense), in court recently, was 'I don't know' Here's a suggestion to the fuzzy-brained Colonel: try spicing up your responses by saying 'forget' once in awhile, Thai style. It would take some of the boredom out of the long drawn-out proceedings.

Incidentally, at the rate this trial is going, they'll be lucky to touch upon 1/10th of pertinent data relating to evidence. Do they know that? Or are they content to just brush the surface, and then make a decision based on societal proclivities. Personally, I'd like to see it drawn out, because RTP is getting caught in its conspiracy spider web of its own making. Maybe, just maybe, the people who were initially (and who should still be) prime suspects - will be slapped in jail with no bail, as they should be.

At one point I believe it was reported her DNA was on the cigarette too (not sure if that is still being claimed/reported) but realize she would not have needed to smoke or touch the cigarette to have her DNA be transferred to it.

Are you saying they shared an after murder ciggy ?

I didn't say or speculate anything like that

Do tell us how her DNA could have been found on the ciggy if she didn't touch or smoke it.

her dna could very well be on the cigarette transferred there during the progress of the crime or fit up, (which ever you want to believe)

This question is for you, Balo. Since you seem to know for sure NS was in Bangkok. If his life is ruined and he is so depressed why is he doing nothing to prove his innocence? That's what I would do if I were him and I really had nothing to do with all this, I'd give interviews to all who asked, make my phone records public, find CCTV of me in BKK the night before or even the day before. I would submit to polygraphs, agree to take a truth syrum so long as my attorney is present... I would send the running man bid to FBI and ask them to compare my walk to the running mans walking style (it can be done)

Anything, I'm telling you ANYTHING I could do to clear my name from what was done to David and Hannah.. And yet, none of the people suspected are doing that.. Quite the opposite really.

Of course you don't have to answer it's no demand.. I'm just curious what you think about it?

NS is being harassed on the Internet through sites like Facebook and you expect him to make his phone call records public, so they can all see the phone numbers he called to all his friends and family, so now they can harass them to?

To hire a lawyer to get a court order (or otherwise) to have CCTV Footage of his accommodations in Bangkok for September 15th, documents proving he was at the Uni that day, and having his DNA taken for testing, after he was already cleared from any wrong doing and was not required by law to do this, yet you call this doing nothing to prove his innocents?

I am sure his lawyer advised him what to do next, which I am also sure he knows more about this then we do. But if I was his Lawyer I would advise him to keep a low profile and let this all blow over. This is because even if he did everything you suggested, there is always going to be people who do not believe he did not commit these murders no matter what, and just like many people here after he has been cleared over 10 months ago.

NS now doesn't even have a private life and can't even go and fulfill his obligation as a Buddhist by being a Monk without the whole world knowing about it. I would call this ruining his life because it would sure ruin mine. , ,

a police investigation to exclude a suspect from their enquiries is just as vigorous as it is to include them

Thanks Loon for posting that Youtube segment.

In case anyone is wondering whether Thailand subscribes to such silly notions as 'innocent until proven guilty'

watch the video, and you can see/hear the head cop saying they're guilty.

He also says a bunch of other conspiracy crap which isn't true, but that's what we're discussing herein, isn't it.

It's yet proof again, as if any more were needed, of the attempted frame-up of the B2. Their case is unraveling faster than a drag racing car hitting the side barrier at full throttle. Mark my words: Head cop Somyot and his fellow conspirators will split from Thailand, never to be pursued, b4 2 long. Oh, and am still waiting for my 1 million baht reward from the Headman, for providing evidence his son committed the crime. Should I quit standing by my mailbox waiting for the check?

This question is for you, Balo. Since you seem to know for sure NS was in Bangkok. If his life is ruined and he is so depressed why is he doing nothing to prove his innocence? That's what I would do if I were him and I really had nothing to do with all this, I'd give interviews to all who asked, make my phone records public, find CCTV of me in BKK the night before or even the day before. I would submit to polygraphs, agree to take a truth syrum so long as my attorney is present... I would send the running man bid to FBI and ask them to compare my walk to the running mans walking style (it can be done)

Anything, I'm telling you ANYTHING I could do to clear my name from what was done to David and Hannah.. And yet, none of the people suspected are doing that.. Quite the opposite really.

Of course you don't have to answer it's no demand.. I'm just curious what you think about it?

NS is being harassed on the Internet through sites like Facebook and you expect him to make his phone call records public, so they can all see the phone numbers he called to all his friends and family, so now they can harass them to?

To hire a lawyer to get a court order (or otherwise) to have CCTV Footage of his accommodations in Bangkok for September 15th, documents proving he was at the Uni that day, and having his DNA taken for testing, after he was already cleared from any wrong doing and was not required by law to do this, yet you call this doing nothing to prove his innocents?

I am sure his lawyer advised him what to do next, which I am also sure he knows more about this then we do. But if I was his Lawyer I would advise him to keep a low profile and let this all blow over. This is because even if he did everything you suggested, there is always going to be people who do not believe he did not commit these murders no matter what, and just like many people here after he has been cleared over 10 months ago.

NS now doesn't even have a private life and can't even go and fulfill his obligation as a Buddhist by being a Monk without the whole world knowing about it. I would call this ruining his life because it would sure ruin mine. , ,

I have tried unsuccessfully to make the point that Nomsod was , as the son of a rich man, never held in chains around his legs and wrists all night for weeks/months on end. he was afforded all the privilege of the wealthy in Thailand. How about the unlucky Burmese?? Chains for them! If Nomsod has been vilified on social media he can blame his already powerful family who have clearly interfered in the management of this tragic case. Even if the Burmese were guilty, Nomsod's family should not have interfered and threatened the notorious Sean. Not a good look and that has bounced badly for Nomsod.

The translator and his background

Myanmar Muslim roti seller who acted as a translator for the Myanmar suspects after their arrest arrest . He is from Yangon and has lived in Thailand for 18 years. He also acts as a volunteer volunteer Meaning: someone who is not paid for the work that they do

• and what makes anyone convinced that this mans testimony is true and not a total fabrication, well the crime scene should verify what he said

Maung readily admitted that he was with the two and that they had bought beer at the 7-11. From his information, police then detained Zaw Rin. Win, however, had fled to Surat Thani where he was eventually detained.

• First I heard that one that Win had fled

The suspects suspects Meaning: a person who is thought to have committed a crime Thai clothes showed no signs of blood since it had been washed, the translator said.

• it is not easy to remove blood stains from clothing better to just burn them
  • so it was a wine bottle used on David and glass from the wine bottle is all over the sand and was tested for fingerprints and DNA from both the victim and the accused.........right ?, and then the Hoe was used on David and meanwhile the same Hoe was being used on Hannah further up the beach
  • then they (I assume) both carried the body of David to the water, ever tried lifting a limp body twice your weight and size and if he was dragged across the sand there would be very clear evidence of that -

Maung Maung told the lawyer that when he returned home at 5am, he found the two suspects sleeping and nothing seemed suspicious.

• this is all down to who you believe so is a pointless exercise in even posting

"They said they didn't do it, that the Thai police [along with their Myanmar-Thai translator] beat them until they confessed to something they didn't do. They're pleading with the Myanmar government to look into the case and find out the truth. They were a really pitiful sight. Their bodies had all sorts of bruises. I have already reported all that I have seen today to my government."

Johnthiajohn, you have been very selective in your posting

again not saying guilty or innocent but so far all of the above is just hearsay until it can be backed up with solid verifiable evidence

If I claimed I saw you on the beach that night at 4am with a Hoe in your hand, I think you would want more than just my say so - right ? and upon inspection of my bank account I had suddenly become 30m baht richer

keep the feet for dancing

oh and anyone know the location of Maung Maung, it was reported that he is in Thai police custody being held as a witness for the prosecution but was also reported as residing at the Burmese Embassy.

Based on his alleged witness statement he would be key to the prosecution case, but then again maybe he is going to be a defence witness and claim he didn't say what was quoted by the reliable roti interpreter or had turned down a massive bribe and decided to tell the truth .....speculation of course

I did hear he was at the Embassy. I can't seem to work out why Maung Maung was released. Are the RTP just taking his word for it saying he left and went to the GF house and returned home at 5 am or have they got his movements on CCTV. Something's not right here..

Well, I thought the same way as you do about it. Especially when the Media said Win confessed first and Maung Maung was picked up as well as Saw (Lin)..

The only thing I could conclude is that they don't have any evidence to support he was involved in the Murder and Rape, so they had to let him go. Especially after the 2 accused said he was not involved. But this does not mean he may not have seen the crime being committed as this may not have been reported if it was true. Police in any country I know of do not discuss an Investigation or Trail in progress unless under special circumstances.

I do know I read in the Media that alleged the Prosecution has 2 Unidentified Witnesses. If Muang Muang is still here then he may be one. Not sure! There is also one person who the accused allegedly gave David's Mobile Phone to. I believe he already gave his sworn testimony in court at the first trial date, and has gone home already. But not 100% sure of that either.

Hard to tell with these names when everyone is called Muang, which as near as I can tell means Younger Brother. But if Maung Maung is being held as a witness I will be very curious as to what he has to say. All we know for sure is he can pin point the time of 1 am when they were all on the beach. But if he is here it seems a long time to just say that. I think a Sworn Testimony in Court would do the trick. So maybe he has more to say than this?

But in all honesty I only read someone went home, and I am not sure who or which . It could be Muang Muang for all I know, or the friend of the accused with the mobile phone, or neither of them. I guess we will have to wait and see to find out.

If the Burmese are found not guilty,will a new investigation be opened

to find the real killers,or will it just be forgotten about,like a lot of other

murders here in Thailand.

regards Worgeordie

You don't have to be a forensic expert to see that Thai 'experts' got the forensics wrong. You don't have to a baseball expert to see something wrong if a batter takes a mop (instead of a bat) to the plate when it's his time at bat.

The first person to mention a broken glass bottle was the pancake salesman acting as interpreter. If the B2 agreed to using a broken glass bottle, then it's no surprise. They would have admitted to using a Jedi light sword, and so would you, if you were tortured.

Let's drop the cig butt: it has no bearing on anything, whether or not its DNA is 'used up' as the cops say. It's a red herring. Same for the unused condom. There are enough items and people of interest in this scenario, we don't need to harp on about things that have no significance.

Actually, that's goes hand in hand with the headman's + police' + prosecutions' game plan. They want us to discuss unimportant things ad nauseum. What's most important to them, is don't talk about anyone connected to the Headman. Not his son, his brother, their cop buddies, their tough-guy associates who sport shark tooth rings, .....none of that.

One big difference between the 97% who seek truth and justice, and the 3% who are shielding the H's people is this:

The truth and justice people will accept the B2 are guilty if solid evidence points at them. The shielders, on the other hand, will never accept that Nomsod (or Mon or their tough-guy buddies) are guilty, regardless of any evidence pointing at them.

Here is an interesting news report with some new discrepancies:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3173235/Catalogue-police-blunders-including-failure-investigate-evidence-chase-suspects-revealed-court-judge-doubts-case-conclusive-outcome.html

The main gist of the article is that almost nothing was investigated and Investigating officer Cherdpong Chiewpreecha knows next to nothing about the case.

I can understand why the RTP would want to claim no investigation inside AC Bar. If they said an investigation occurred, they would need to answer questions about it. However, some of the points Cherdpong expressed ignorance about were quite unbelievable.

Is the prosecution trying deliberately to lose? If so, has a deal been struck (maybe even with the Burmese kids themselves) to ensure they are found not guilty if they promise to keep what they know to themselves? Any other possibilities?

Mmmm don't know what I think about you suggest but it's obviously a possibility. My feeling is at this stage it's just incompetence and they didn't allow for the media and interest from social media. Normally they would have got a free ride. Also it's not easy to lie and cover up something like this as you have to be very clever and cover every angle and the RTP are neither clever or able to successfully follow this through. Remember they have to completely invent a scenario and omit anyone they need to and still arrive at a conclusion framing the B2 and having the necessary evidence. Up to now they haven't shown any findings to link the B2.

Did you read the comments below.quote.

Burmese are easy targets and are routinely fitted up. I live in Bangkok hundreds of miles away and know the murderers name. I'm not writing it here but he is the son of a local senior official. He is no longer on the island.

Someone does not want anyone in Thailand to see the daily news article. It is very difficult to get accurate news about the trial here. There is so much for the government and the police to be covering up, there must be full time people appointeed to the task. Let the truth be unknown.

I bought a well known broadsheet English Language (Thai owned) newspaper last Sunday, to see what the correspondent had written about the KT murders trial. I searched, but could find no reference to the trial in the newspaper or supplements. There were only a couple of lines in a 'Readers Letters' section about Two Tier Justice. In the early days of the investigation, this newspaper had daily updates and many editorials. It appears from the absence of news about the murders that the newspaper owners have decided to 'toe the line' to avoid being invited to a weekend of 'attitude adjustment'. Shame on you BP.

regards Worgeordie

My guess is it will slowly be forgotten like countless other unsolved murders.

This thread may even be forgotten about, although maybe not for many months.

Read and re-read quite a lot of this thread.

I agree with, amongst others, balo...

Further, it is my opinion that JTJ and Goldbuggy live in la-la land. It's a made up name strangely...

Of course they are entitled to an opinion, but as no one person on this 'thread' has the whole knowledge or indeed expertise outside of their comfort zone, we shall all need to wait and see.

But it makes fascinating reading...in a purely fictitious sense.

Justice will win the day I hope.

regards Worgeordie

My guess is it will slowly be forgotten like countless other unsolved murders.

This thread may even be forgotten about, although maybe not for many months.

I hear what your saying but I'm not sure this one is going to go away. I'm relatively new on here and continually people refer back to injustices from years ago. The Chiang Mai murder being one. This is however very different has so much has come out in the early days and with social media being so powerful these days this is not going to go away. Also the brutality of the crime has awakened everyone's empathy towards family's and relatives and of course not forgetting the accused and family's also if there found to be eventually innocent. Also as I said on a previous post this anti feeling towards injustice has been a undercurrent for along time and now come to a head with this crime. The RTP and Thai justice system is getting both barrels and it's possible that some good might come out of this terrible crime. But it's not going away. This will be talked about for years and years.

a police investigation to exclude a suspect from their enquiries is just as vigorous as it is to include them

Or they could have got the DNA from the lipstick found on the butt??? Three cigarettes were also found 50 meters away from the spot the victims’ bodies were discovered. According to Morning News, one had red lipstick on it. Another one contained a mixture of two people’s DNA while the third cigarette had DNA from a different man.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/09/18/ware-released-investigation-koh-tao-murders-hits-dead-end

Where is your source that there was cameras in the AC Bar? ....
There is at least one camera on the front entrance to the AC bar. An actual working camera on KT, amazing! It shows David entering the bar about 2.5 hours before the crime, but then ..... It shows nothing else. So even that one camera seized filming. Why? Did it show people entering and/or leaving the bar which the Headman, Mon, police and prosecution don't want any outsiders to see? If so, it shouldn't surprise anyone at this point, if RTP are continuing to hide/destroy/ignore/discount/misinterpret evidence.

Archived