Koh Tao: Trial opens for 2 accused of killing British tourists

webfact

Do tell us how her DNA could have been found on the ciggy if she didn't touch or smoke it.

You are kidding right? Are you one of the people criticizing DNA collections and talking about contamination and stuff but you don't know about transfer? If her DNA was in the cigarette, as widely reported early on, there are so many plausible and likely ways her DNA was on the cigarette beyond her smoking it. The DNA could have come from the suspects fingers or lips that had her DNA (blood, skin cells, saliva or cellular material found in sweat). If this was true, there would likely not be enough DNA to retest for her DNA on the butt but the DNA should still be available for testing because they should/would have used PCR testing to replicate the DNA on the butt being it would have been a small amount while also allowing to keep the replicated samples for further testing if needed .... which jives with what police said they have.

Were you one of the people that also was going on and on about DNA on the outside of the condemn but not the inside and it being proof of a setup? Yet, we find out through reported testimony that the DNA on the condom was a drop of blood that could have gotten on there a number of ways including from splatter to being dripped or touched to possibly others.

The problem with people making up theories and playing internet detective is when you don;t know all the facts is ... people don't know all the facts but draw conclusion based on theories that were based on a guess. Nothing wrong with speculating and having theories but what goes on online is mostly people drawing facts from stuff they don;t know and not seeing the difference between a plausible theory and one based on complete BS.

Yeah JTJ your theory make sense if they had had a cigarette after the murder. Yet you said you didn't say that.

So how does Hannah's DNA get on a ciggy they smoked before they killed her ?

The prosecution alleged that Win and Saw shared a ciggie whilst taking it in turns to carry out the attack on Hannah correct?

But was the cigarette in question not found by the log, right in front of In Touch resort and 60m from the alleged crime scene?

So is the prosecution saying the crime happened by the log?

Whether you believe me or not the answer to your questions is yes and yes. That is because the Cigarette Butts where collect from 2 different locations, and as you had mentioned.

The significance of this is that in theory the DNA match from both places ties the accused to the Crime Scene, where perhaps there is no witnesses, to the spot they were sitting and playing the guitar, which has plenty of witnesses.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It strikes me as a bit odd that the 2 Burmese commit what is turning out to be the crime of the century and having committed 2 gruesome murders go calmly off to bed.

In the meantime another local identity who had nothing to do with the crime flees the island in a speedboat in the wee dark hours.

Got me baffled. We employed a guy once who was in rehabilitation from being a fairly physical sort of criminal, he told me that when they do the big ones the adrenalin rush is through the roof. The crime is better than drugs were his words, And now we have two midgets who had no practice in the art of murder performing a really big one and calmly going off to bed.

Another poster raised the point about their comradeship and dignity since their arrest. It seems no other prisoner has over heard them quarrelling or telling each other they should not have gone so far etc. Its got me baffled. If Sean could get off the island why could the Burmese not get off the same way, they must have known the Thai authorities would punish them for the murders.

Minikev states:-.

Quote>Well done Thailandchilli.

What do you have to say to this particular conspiracy theory Si Thea 01? quote: May I ask but just how many shadows do you see in this footage? 3 seconds apart perhaps just about the right time to leave a shadow.

Doesn't it seem strange to you that these people so far have no record of questioning? Perhaps they will turn up in court. Somehow I doubt it.<End quote

What are the hell are you on about here? If you had the ability to construct a grammatically correct sentence, then maybe you would get an answer.

What conspiracy theory; are you suggesting there is one, I certainly haven't? I saw one shadow behind the single male, there were no other persons in the footage so I asked a legitimate question, do you have a problem with that? I also suggest that you go back over all the posts and responses, quote everything in context, not bits that suit you agenda.

I initially viewed one piece of footage that captured one person and a single shadow, so I asked Neeranam how many he saw and was given directions to where, on the footage, the second shadow was. So if someone wants to clarify something, it's a big deal in your book is it? Thailandchilli then provided two pieces of footage date and time stamped the same but with a 3 second time lapse, which by the way, he also noted, yet no smart a remarks there hey, I wonder why?.

The 1st video showed a man and woman, walking right to left, the second, a single male, walking in the same direction, with the time difference clearly displayed. In the initial video, the couple were not sighted, only the single male. so your smart a answer about the shadow is really uncalled for. I asked about them being identified and interviewed, as someone on here may have known if this had occurred but then the circus came to town and the head clown seems to know all. People like you are just antagonists and are no longer worthy of any replies. If you want to bait someone, then look elsewhere as I won't be lowering myself to your standards.

OK genuine replies only

Does anybody recall or know when and how the allegations of an altercation in a bar between one of the victims and a thai first materialised

Interesting question, I hope they did not come from gossip.

If I remember correctly a witness told it to a local reporter on the island.

I read recently that Muang Muang (the 3rd Burmese lad) claimed he had a tussle with Nomsod in AC bar that night (14th and 15th) and that David showed up to do or say something (pull them apart?). It may be rumor, but it's very likely MM will be a witness - probably for the defense. Even if it appears as rumor, it's the sort of thing RTP should investigate, yet it's the precise sort of the thing the RTP doesn't want to look in to. The reason is obvious: Anything which could implicate people connected to the Headman, is off-limits for investigators.

Yes I read that to in the latest Daily Mail article, but I think there are 2 separate Muang Muang's.

Person A is Muang Muang - He is a key witness who fled to Burma. He is Rhakine.

Person B is Pyo - He is a Burmese DJ at AC BAR

Person C is Myo Aung - He is also Burmese. He is a right-hand man of Nomsod's dad.

Muang Muang fled to Burma 3-4 days after the incident. He fled to Kawthoung, a border town next to Ranong Province.

(above info I cannot verify it was taken from another source)

The guy next to C is a Thai, Sun Thampachana, he was pictured right next to Hannah on the Koh Tao Party Bar Crawl the previous evening

post-223227-0-88172900-1438092311_thumb.

You are kidding right? Are you one of the people criticizing DNA collections and talking about contamination and stuff but you don't know about transfer? If her DNA was in the cigarette, as widely reported early on, there are so many plausible and likely ways her DNA was on the cigarette beyond her smoking it. The DNA could have come from the suspects fingers or lips that had her DNA (blood, skin cells, saliva or cellular material found in sweat). If this was true, there would likely not be enough DNA to retest for her DNA on the butt but the DNA should still be available for testing because they should/would have used PCR testing to replicate the DNA on the butt being it would have been a small amount while also allowing to keep the replicated samples for further testing if needed .... which jives with what police said they have.

Were you one of the people that also was going on and on about DNA on the outside of the condemn but not the inside and it being proof of a setup? Yet, we find out through reported testimony that the DNA on the condom was a drop of blood that could have gotten on there a number of ways including from splatter to being dripped or touched to possibly others.

The problem with people making up theories and playing internet detective is when you don;t know all the facts is ... people don't know all the facts but draw conclusion based on theories that were based on a guess. Nothing wrong with speculating and having theories but what goes on online is mostly people drawing facts from stuff they don;t know and not seeing the difference between a plausible theory and one based on complete BS.

Yeah JTJ your theory make sense if they had had a cigarette after the murder. Yet you said you didn't say that.

So how does Hannah's DNA get on a ciggy they smoked before they killed her ?

The prosecution alleged that Win and Saw shared a ciggie whilst taking it in turns to carry out the attack on Hannah correct?

But was the cigarette in question not found by the log, right in front of In Touch resort and 60m from the alleged crime scene?

Whether you believe me or not the answer to your questions is yes and yes. That is because the Cigarette Butts where collect from 2 different locations, and as you had mentioned.

The significance of this is that in theory the DNA match from both places ties the accused to the Crime Scene, where perhaps there is no witnesses, to the spot they were sitting and playing the guitar, which has plenty of witnesses.

OK. I'm not being funny here but are you able to provide any links to that effect. I ask because I only remember seeing specific pictures of the 3 cigarettes by the log I think, but I don't remember any of cigarettes at the alleged crime scene. I could be wrong but would ideally like documented clarification as the RTP conjected that the 2 defendents shared a cigarette whilst taking it in turns to attack. thanks

OK genuine replies only

Does anybody recall or know when and how the allegations of an altercation in a bar between one of the victims and a thai first materialised

I read recently that Muang Muang (the 3rd Burmese lad) claimed he had a tussle with Nomsod in AC bar that night (14th and 15th) and that David showed up to do or say something (pull them apart?). It may be rumor, but it's very likely MM will be a witness - probably for the defense. Even if it appears as rumor, it's the sort of thing RTP should investigate, yet it's the precise sort of the thing the RTP doesn't want to look in to. The reason is obvious: Anything which could implicate people connected to the Headman, is off-limits for investigators.

Yes I read that to in the latest Daily Mail article, but I think there are 2 separate Muang Muang's.

Person C is Myo Aung - He is also Burmese. He is a right-hand man of Nomsod's dad.

Muang Muang fled to Burma 3-4 days after the incident. He fled to Kawthoung, a border town next to Ranong Province.

The guy next to C is a Thai, Sun Thampachana, he was pictured right next to Hannah on the Koh Tao Party Bar Crawl the previous evening

Was the Sun & Hannah pub crawl picture not Friday night?

and 'right next too' means faces practically touching and her hand resting on his shoulder

Just a thought for you JTJ. Have you considered that they may be people in here with forensic experience!?

Because I have and it's likely !

Not based on any comments I have scene. Not to mention a forensic expert would want to examine the wounds and not use internet pictures to draw conclusions. Am sure I have missed many posts here but from what I can tell there are no forensic, DNA, crime scene or just about any other types of experts related to this case posting here. Then again there can be some among the huge amount of outrageous and and comical posts here from the keyboard experts.
Well I know for a fact there is people of those same fields in here. Trust me !

Correction, notice you said related to this case ! No but looking in yes!! And the is experts in there field related to the skills needed to handle a case like this. Yes

JTJ writes:

"Then again there can be some among the huge amount of outrageous and and comical posts here from the keyboard experts."

From perhaps the most prolific producer of outrageous and comical posts, the ultimate phoney keyboard expert.
And I thought putting him on ignore would give me a break from his bull cocky......

Good Idea! Please add me to.

and 'right next too' means faces practically touching and her hand resting on his shoulder

The bar crawl with Hannah pictured faces together with Sun was on the 13th Sept, not sure what day of the week that fell on

There is at least one camera on the front entrance to the AC bar. An actual working camera on KT, amazing! It shows David entering the bar about 2.5 hours before the crime, but then ..... It shows nothing else. So even that one camera seized filming. Why? Did it show people entering and/or leaving the bar which the Headman, Mon, police and prosecution don't want any outsiders to see? If so, it shouldn't surprise anyone at this point, if RTP are continuing to hide/destroy/ignore/discount/misinterpret evidence.

Sorry but that is also speculation from your side. Has the court asked for more CCTV footage from AC bar yet ? How do you know that the footage from the one camera working was deleted? What we saw in the media was David enetering the bar, there could be also other images from that camera published.

You assume the rest of the footage was deleted or has it been confirmed?

You're partly right. On the one hand I don't know for sure. But that's a result of the RTP who purposefully want to keep people in the dark - not just me but the defense, the judges, and everyone else. The RTP said words to the effect that; 'that was the last significant bit of CCTV from the bar that night.' Yet, that's coming from the RTP who have indicated in numerous ways that they have an agenda - to shield the Headman's people. So, for example, it's possible Nomsod or Mon or Stingray Man or any of the tough-guy buddies (who frequent that bar) to have entered or exited that doorway after the footage of David. But, unless footage is shown, we'll never know. Alternatively, you can take the word of the RTP as being honest. Good luck with that. It's the same RTP which doesn't see Nomsod in Running Man video (oh sorry, correction: they did definitely see Nomsod in that video, but abruptly changed their view when Somyot took over). The same experts which didn't even bother to look at CCTV of boats leaving the beach shortly after the crime. The same RTP which says there is only a minute or so of video (from 'hundreds of hours') which has any relevance to the crime or its perpetrators. the same RTP which believed Mon when he said he was 'Running Man' ....but now the RTP are saying it's one of the Burmese. Both of those assertions are ridiculous. I wouldn't trust them to give me the correct time of day, but if you choose to trust everything they state, that's your choice.

That was my suggestion really , that the footage has been kept and shown, but not to the media . Why should all leads and evidence be posted in the media . This is or was a murder investigation and as we all know , not a perfect one.

But you cant be sure that the footage is not open for anyone who has a legal reason to look at it. The first or was it the second day of the court they spent the whole day looking at CCTV footage from several cameras. But nothing has been reported about which cctv footage they looked at.

OK genuine replies only

Is the Muang muang who fled the same person that posted on Facebook shortly after the murders a description of what happened on the night ( would be good if someone could repost that, it got deleted a couple of days ago) also the person who allegedly had the altercation with Nom sod where David stepped in?

If so and he is a witness for the defense will he testify the same allegations he made against Nom Sod and company? The plot thickens.....

Sorry but that is also speculation from your side. Has the court asked for more CCTV footage from AC bar yet ? How do you know that the footage from the one camera working was deleted? What we saw in the media was David enetering the bar, there could be also other images from that camera published.

You're partly right. On the one hand I don't know for sure. But that's a result of the RTP who purposefully want to keep people in the dark - not just me but the defense, the judges, and everyone else. The RTP said words to the effect that; 'that was the last significant bit of CCTV from the bar that night.' Yet, that's coming from the RTP who have indicated in numerous ways that they have an agenda - to shield the Headman's people. So, for example, it's possible Nomsod or Mon or Stingray Man or any of the tough-guy buddies (who frequent that bar) to have entered or exited that doorway after the footage of David. But, unless footage is shown, we'll never know. Alternatively, you can take the word of the RTP as being honest. Good luck with that. It's the same RTP which doesn't see Nomsod in Running Man video (oh sorry, correction: they did definitely see Nomsod in that video, but abruptly changed their view when Somyot took over). The same experts which didn't even bother to look at CCTV of boats leaving the beach shortly after the crime. The same RTP which says there is only a minute or so of video (from 'hundreds of hours') which has any relevance to the crime or its perpetrators. the same RTP which believed Mon when he said he was 'Running Man' ....but now the RTP are saying it's one of the Burmese. Both of those assertions are ridiculous. I wouldn't trust them to give me the correct time of day, but if you choose to trust everything they state, that's your choice.

You conflate your inability to understand and process reality with outside forces trying to hide things from you.

Your post is almost exclusively constructed out baseless speculation that you invoke to fill the gaps in your comprehension of things and things that are simply false, like saying there was CCTV footage of a boats leaving the beach shortly after the murders, or that Mon admitted to being the man in the "Running Man" footage, or that the police said there was only a minute or so of video relevant to the crime and so on and so forth. All completely false but I don't think that is of any consequence to you.

There is at least one camera on the front entrance to the AC bar. An actual working camera on KT, amazing! It shows David entering the bar about 2.5 hours before the crime, but then ..... It shows nothing else. So even that one camera seized filming. Why? Did it show people entering and/or leaving the bar which the Headman, Mon, police and prosecution don't want any outsiders to see? If so, it shouldn't surprise anyone at this point, if RTP are continuing to hide/destroy/ignore/discount/misinterpret evidence.

That was my suggestion really , that the footage has been kept and shown, but not to the media . Why should all leads and evidence be posted in the media . This is or was a murder investigation and as we all know , not a perfect one.

But you cant be sure that the footage is not open for anyone who has a legal reason to look at it. The first or was it the second day of the court they spent the whole day looking at CCTV footage from several cameras. But nothing has been reported about which cctv footage they looked at.

They spent 12 hours showing footage; that, through Boomerangutang distorted perception of reality, amounts to a minute or so.

What about checking CCTV to see how Nomsod arrived on the island in the first place. Anything that proves he was there hurts his families credibility.

Are you mad???

That island was cleaned top to bottom. All cctv that was Incriminating dissapeared. All facebook accounts of locals cleared out pictures of NS. The word went out not to comment on the case. It was as close to surgi al wipe.down as they could muster.

There was a guy Chris who is a British guy works at a dive school who posted he had a beer with Sean McAnna thta night but that dissapeared.

Yes and the clearing out of photos and posts from facebook is easily verified, just go to any of the facebook pages of local dj's and all those with connections to AC bar and headmans family. Sept 2015 no longer exists on their facebook. This is a fact.

There was a response from Sean about that Chris guy back in 2014 - He said he had no idea who he was. Could be genuine or could have been a local batting for Mon's team?

Anyways, whilst perusing various facebook pages I found a shared post on one (in Thai and dated 31-10-14) going into great length about how Nomsod had been cleared by DNA etc. The latter part of this message (several paragraphs) seemed to be telling people somewhat forcibly that they had to get rid of any references to the incident or risk serious trouble from the police. It was on a DJs profile (but one from Bar next 2 rather than AC bar - usual suspects on friends list though)

I copied it and ran it through bing translation, which I doubt it is desperately accurate but hopefully accurate enough that the gist is correct.

I can't post it here as it is in Thai, but it could explain why a lot of stuff from September got wiped after a month or two.

I could post the translated version maybe but cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Please pot the Thai, it is a Thailand wesite and many of us read Thai

The bar crawl with Hannah pictured faces together with Sun was on the 13th Sept, not sure what day of the week that fell on

Hmm 13th is a Saturday but the bar crawl is every Monday, Weds and Friday. Friday would be the 12th. maybe the pics got put up on the 13th?

Another poster raised the point about their comradeship and dignity since their arrest. It seems no other prisoner has over heard them quarrelling or telling each other they should not have gone so far etc. Its got me baffled. If Sean could get off the island why could the Burmese not get off the same way, they must have known the Thai authorities would punish them for the murders.

Wasn't one of them arrested after leaving the island or was that the 3rd friend who is a witness against them?

Yes and the clearing out of photos and posts from facebook is easily verified, just go to any of the facebook pages of local dj's and all those with connections to AC bar and headmans family. Sept 2015 no longer exists on their facebook. This is a fact.

There was a response from Sean about that Chris guy back in 2014 - He said he had no idea who he was. Could be genuine or could have been a local batting for Mon's team?

Anyways, whilst perusing various facebook pages I found a shared post on one (in Thai and dated 31-10-14) going into great length about how Nomsod had been cleared by DNA etc. The latter part of this message (several paragraphs) seemed to be telling people somewhat forcibly that they had to get rid of any references to the incident or risk serious trouble from the police. It was on a DJs profile (but one from Bar next 2 rather than AC bar - usual suspects on friends list though)

I copied it and ran it through bing translation, which I doubt it is desperately accurate but hopefully accurate enough that the gist is correct.

I can't post it here as it is in Thai, but it could explain why a lot of stuff from September got wiped after a month or two.

I could post the translated version maybe but cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Please pot the Thai, it is a Thailand wesite and many of us read Thai

I would but I believe posting Thai content is against the rules and will get deleted

Hmm 13th is a Saturday but the bar crawl is every Monday, Weds and Friday. Friday would be the 12th. maybe the pics got put up on the 13th?

Yes your right, go to the page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Koh-Tao-Pub-Crawl/195259667186954 and they were uploaded on the 13th Sept 2014 but it also says on the post they were taken on Friday the 12th

Wasn't one of them arrested after leaving the island or was that the 3rd friend who is a witness against them?

The third friend who is a witness against them, where did you pull that one from? I'm assuming you referring to Maung Maung

Hasn't 13th until 26th been removed from that account?

Yes your right, go to the page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Koh-Tao-Pub-Crawl/195259667186954 and they were uploaded on the 13th Sept 2014 but it also says on the post they were taken on Friday the 12th

OK genuine replies only

Is the Muang muang who fled the same person that posted on Facebook shortly after the murders a description of what happened on the night ( would be good if someone could repost that, it got deleted a couple of days ago) also the person who allegedly had the altercation with Nom sod where David stepped in?

If so and he is a witness for the defense will he testify the same allegations he made against Nom Sod and company? The plot thickens.....

Hey chilli I notice that you say Muang Muang is a key witness, do you have any sources or know what he has said so far. You say he left the island soon after the murders , there's a lot that can be read into that.I've tried googling but no hits, only info about maung maung, it's confusing!

If we are to believe what was said in the daily mail about his involvement on the night and the allegation that nom sod was on the island, do you think he will testify to this for the defense.

Hey chilli I notice that you say Muang Muang is a key witness, do you have any sources or know what he has said so far. You say he left the island soon after the murders , there's a lot that can be read into that.I've tried googling but no hits, only info about maung maung, it's confusing!

If we are to believe what was said in the daily mail about his involvement on the night and the allegation that nom sod was on the island, do you think he will testify to this for the defense.

Sent you a pm

Hasn't 13th until 26th been removed from that account?

Yes looks like it, I wonder why?

Don't think they've been deleted. Can see pictures if you go to photos > albums and select Friday 12th September 2014 (a fair way down the list)

Was going to have a look at the previous week but no albums for Friday 5th and Monday 8th! Not sure if there used to be albums for those dates.

Another fine poster doing good deeds... thailandchilli... Dude has been a rockstar here.

The clear difference here is western posters will freely speculate (as is natural in our culture) and Thai posters have to be careful. Bravo TC.... Keep up the good work. Until we're sure the real killers are caught we need this kind of engagement from more Thai people!

OK. I'm not being funny here but are you able to provide any links to that effect. I ask because I only remember seeing specific pictures of the 3 cigarettes by the log I think, but I don't remember any of cigarettes at the alleged crime scene. I could be wrong but would ideally like documented clarification as the RTP conjected that the 2 defendents shared a cigarette whilst taking it in turns to attack. thanks

Don't hold your breath. Did these two horny devils light up before killing David and dragging him into the sea, Or after ? I'd imagine killing someone might have lessened their pangs of passion. Maybe a quick ciggy to get their peckers back on track.

Maybe they asked Hannah to hold the fag for them while they were dragging David into the water.

The third friend who is a witness against them, where did you pull that one from? I'm assuming you referring to Maung Maung

No idea what you are asking.

3 Friends on the beach. 2 suspects / defendants and 1 Witness.

Fairly straight forward.

Fairly straight forward.

JTJ Witness to what??

It strikes me as a bit odd that the 2 Burmese commit what is turning out to be the crime of the century and having committed 2 gruesome murders go calmly off to bed.

In the meantime another local identity who had nothing to do with the crime flees the island in a speedboat in the wee dark hours.

Got me baffled. We employed a guy once who was in rehabilitation from being a fairly physical sort of criminal, he told me that when they do the big ones the adrenalin rush is through the roof. The crime is better than drugs were his words, And now we have two midgets who had no practice in the art of murder performing a really big one and calmly going off to bed.

In addition to your first sentance may i add something i find very odd..

After the most dispicable crime, when they are confessing, they were sloshed drunk..

So, you might think under the horriffic circumstances they would forget certain insignificant details, but yet they thought it significant to mention their smoking and drinking wine.

and both these details fit snugly in with the 2 main pieces of evidence.

Now i dont about you, but to see poor Burmese on minimum wage drinking wine? (Also the friend was supposed to have gone back to the accomodation to get more beer)

So now, they've pulled of the crime of the century, while plastered, able to pull the whole thing off, got home safe and sound on bike, in bed by 5am.

then when confessing just happen to casually mention smoking and bottles of wine and..bingo!

And as for the running man in the cctv..well he is running quite effeciently for a 5"guy sloshed on beer and wine...doesnt look drunk at all to me

Fairly straight forward.

JTJ Witness to what??

Have to wait for the witness to testify to know that, won't we?

Only thing we seem to know for sure at this point is he is a prosecution witness in a robbery, rape and double homicide trial.

Archived